You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you are right, and agreed, wrong to include him.

I only included him as it seems whenever we are chasing a talent, we are the only club in the hunt.

Where there any other bidders for Downing, Henderson or Adam, there was certainly nothing for Carroll.

Then in the summer we appeared interested in Dempsey and didnt get him, no one else looked at Allen or Borini and we paid circa £26m for them.

Still on unpopular opinion? - we should sign Leighton Baines in the summer.

Whilst I empathise with your thoughts it's pretty easy to find examples that worked in our favour - Suarez & Torres being two - highly scouted well known players that nobody else fancied taking a chance on.

No we won't and no we won't.

Teams generally start a new season with two or three new faces.

Who will we be selling from this factory to gather in a healthy bank balance?

well if reports are accurate, Reina, Skrtel, Enrique, Downing, Henderson, Carroll and Coates, all on a sale list.

When he was on the slide we couldn't get 14 million for him , when he got back to his best we got 30

If you read TAW today you will see his was on the slide between 2006-2008!

Alonso's poor form was better than most of our midfielders best form and thats a big part of why those of us who like him think he was vital to how we played as a team and why we missed him so much.

Alonso's poor form was better than most of our midfielders best form and thats a big part of why those of us who like him think he was vital to how we played as a team and why we missed him so much.

He broke his foot and was injured a fair bit. We missed him massively when he was out, every forum or aspect of the media at the time would show fans pining for him and when he came back from injury he was a breath of fresh air, he wasnt as brilliant as 05 or his final season but he was still excellent and better than most midfield performances still. The whole Barry affair made people pick a side those who supported Rafa view came up with the idea Alonso was shite for two years, was he fuck its complete revisionism. Rafa was wrong about the whole Barry saga but I think he was right about the pregnancy issue. Alonso is paid to do a specific job and paid very highly the consequence of that is sometimes you miss out on the normal things. I'd fucking swap with him in a heartbeat. Anyway Alonso is boss as is Rafa but neither are my friends so fuck them ones a Madrid player the other the Chelsea gaffa, they both followed the money and a glimpse at personal glory, nothing wrong with it but I don't care what the fuck they do now.

So that's why we had no takers for him then , the best judges in world football thought he was better than most of our midfielders , but not worth 14 million ,better than Mascherano or Gerrard ? , doesn't really sound like a vital part of any midfield . as for TAW , why would I want to read any shit from there , I've no idea who they are or what their agendas are , may as well listen to Major Tom for football info .

As

So that's why we had no takers for him then , the best judges in world football thought he was better than most of our midfielders , but not worth 14 million ,better than Mascherano or Gerrard ? , doesn't really sound like a vital part of any midfield . as for TAW , why would I want to read any shit from there , I've no idea who they are or what their agendas are , may as well listen to Major Tom for football info .

As

Anything in particular I've said, you take umbrage with?

I certainly have no agenda with regard to LFC, owners, players or managers past or present. I do not think i know it all, and am quite willing to be educated by you, banger. As, judging by your grammar and punctuation, you've certainly had an education of some description.

I'm looking forward to learning from you already.

Reflective ? You were the antithesis of a supporter in that thread . Nothing you have posted since makes me think any more of you . I refuse to interact any further with someone whose main aim is to take a contrary opinion no matter what is said . Bye.

So that's why we had no takers for him then ' date=' the best judges in world football thought he was better than most of our midfielders , but not worth 14 million ,better than Mascherano or Gerrard ? , doesn't really sound like a vital part of any midfield . as for TAW , why would I want to read any shit from there , I've no idea who they are or what their agendas are , may as well listen to Major Tom for football info .

As[/quote']

TAW said he was on the slide between 2006-08 but its my opinion that he was/is one of the best midfielders in world football.

The article was obviously a bullshit attempt to justify his sale and pretend that we didnt miss him massively when he left.

The thing about the Alonso affair is that Rafa made him such an important part of the system at the time that the sale was obviously going to hurt the team without a worthy replacement.

To me Barry was more like a Mascherano type player and i think Masch was a much better player in that role than Barry anyway.

Posted this thread in the MF last week and among the lunacy, ridiculous and downright bizarre, there were quite a few interesting things posted.

I like twat dances. I thought Kamera's modified hustle at the weekend was ace.

I don't consider our goalkeeper or CB's immediate, or even pressing, priorities.

I don't now, or have I ever hated, C.Ronaldo.

Michael Owen, while a twat, is a tremendously underrated Liverpool player and Fowler, while a far better man, is overrated among other reds.

I think Didi's influence in Istanbul is overstated.

Over to you.

tumblr_m9lygwprqk1qa8kz9o1_250.gif

The "facts" speech was a massive miscalculation at exactly the wrong time.

United were on a roll already, rafa tried something, it even worked in the next game when utd were denied a clear penalty, ultimately they were better than us. What exactly do you think happened? It made us lose the next game?

United were on a roll already, rafa tried something, it even worked in the next game when utd were denied a clear penalty, ultimately they were better than us. What exactly do you think happened? It made us lose the next game?

The timing of the speech was great. It was the shitting of the undies which followed that wasn't.