You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good performance.

If Sturridge would have played against West Brom and Zenit, we would have won both by a canter.

Now for Thursday with no Sturridge or Coutinho and a 2 goal deficit to overturn.

Agreed, what a difference it makes playing with two proper goal threats upfront. Who compliment each other it makes you wonder how much different things would be if we'd have realised this ground breaking complex tactic a year or so ago!

Good performance.

If Sturridge would have played against West Brom and Zenit, we would have won both by a canter.

Now for Thursday with no Sturridge or Coutinho and a 2 goal deficit to overturn.

Which is why it is not going to happen.

I predict us to go up 1-0, press a lot,concede sucker-punch goal and then huff and puff in the second half.

Great performance today, though.

As for Borini, my 82 year old father in law has dislocated his shoulder 6 times in a year and a half. I was there for one of them, and he screamed as loud as Borini did.

Shame for him, but for us best to get rid quick in the summer.

We played really well and its nice that we finally have 3 players who can play with skill at pace and also play smart creative passes

Why some people dont want to enjoy a win like this is beyond me.

There is even some twat on here who put down the whole performance and then said "i havent seen the match yet"

What the heck is wrong with some of our fans?!

The difference Sturridge makes to our side just being in the starting 11 is ridiculous.

He isn't the perfect centre forward, he's too greedy at times and his decision making could be improved. BUT. He has balls, desperately wants to score every game he plays, constantly gets in the box looking for easy tap ins and has pace.

Defences playing against Suarez on their own only have to worry about individual brilliance like his goal today. Sturridge on the pitch means they worry about him running in behind them and Suarez dropping deeper and then running at them.

It makes such a massive difference it's unreal. £15m was probably about right for him but we've spent double and far more than that during a transfer window in recent years without improving the side anywhere near as much as he has.

Its no coincidence that once we have Sturridge in the side we look a totally different outfit. The manager needs more time to see where this is going and any talk sacking him now or at the end of the season is silly. Try and finish as high as we can in the league and build more in the summer. Its the only way we can try and move forward instead of chopping and changing every fucking year and wondering why we're still sitting eight. Because if he is sacked we'll still be in the same place or worse this time next year.

Lol are you kidding me sorry but different places have different methods of calling it and do you realize how grumpy you're sounding now, when we are supposed to be celebrating the victory. I'm new but you sound worse than the kids in my neighborhood I'm sorry.

Welcome to the forum, Innova. Great to have you on board!

I forsee a long and illustrious posting future for you here.

Hand and glove.