You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

He's a good kid. He's just been hanging out with a bad crowd.

Anyway, good that we stood up to Barcelona, but it will mean little unless we add another first teamer before the window closes.

haha!  blameless little innocent pup, these nasty people leading him astray.  Fuck me.

• Upvote 1

Signing them probably but I think virtually any player we signed would want to go to real or barcelona if they put a serious bid in for them. They'd have left whatever club they were at to sign for us so would have little to stop them signing for either of them even if we were winning titles.

I guess we won't know until we're winning stuff consistently. We'll put the question in a time capsule so maybe our grandchildrens grandchildren could find out.

• Upvote 1

Im not disagreeing that Barca and Real are a huge draw. In my mind though it's fairly obvious that if we're winning stuff we'd attract better players and keep them for longer. We won't keep every player we ever want for ever and ever.

I wouldnt disagree with that sentiment.

Mate, even manchester united lost ronaldo to real.

Apart from Ronaldo they haven't lost really anyone else like that. Also have managed to hold onto DeGea as well.

We've lost loads of players over the last while. Torres leaving was to do with winning trophies and not being part of FSG's project. He was right as he won trophies while we've won one league cup.

Apart from Ronaldo they haven't lost really anyone else like that. Also have managed to hold onto DeGea as well.

We've lost loads of players over the last while. Torres leaving was to do with winning trophies and not being part of FSG's project. He was right as he won trophies while we've won one league cup.

Torres going was good business, Chelsea found out at their expense he was a £50 mill busted flush. Our mistake was replacing him with a retarded grock.

Barcelona are a team in decline. Neymar has fucked off, they have a Hodgsonesque nonentity as manager, and they're set to lose Messi and Iniesta when their contracts expire next summer. Meanwhile they're signing utter shite, like Premier League rejects Paulinho and Deulofeu. If Coutinho is going to move, he should wait until he has the opportunity to play for someone decent.

Torres going was good business, Chelsea found out at their expense he was a £50 mill busted flush. Our mistake was replacing him with a retarded grock.

it worked out well for us as his best years were with us.

Point I was making though is he saw more ambition from another club to win trophies than staying with us.

Mate, even manchester united lost ronaldo to real.

From what I recall, Ronaldo had achieved pretty much everything at United and wanted to test himself at what he considered to be a higher level. This for me would be referred to as moving on as a result of boredom.

If Coutinho is moving because of boredom, he is most likely wanting to move as a result of being bored of not achieving anything so far.

As a group of players, they all need to pull their socks up and start delivering what they are capable of, if they really think they are that good as simply moving to another club does not always guarantee achieving success.

Ask Michael Owen.

Barcelona are a team in decline. Neymar has fucked off, they have a Hodgsonesque nonentity as manager, and they're set to lose Messi and Iniesta when their contracts expire next summer. Meanwhile they're signing utter shite, like Premier League rejects Paulinho and Deulofeu. If Coutinho is going to move, he should wait until he has the opportunity to play for someone decent.

They are a team built around a phenomenal footballer,  They have reaped massive rewards letting Messi be the main focus but given he can't be replaced it all comes at a price when his powers inevitably wane. With Suarez now the wrong side of 30 and Iniesta well past his best losing Neymar was a massive blow . They were always going to fade for a while as Messi faded but they were arrogant where Neymar was concerned and thought he was locked in belt and braces,  They face further decline imo and a huge problem dealing with Messi as he can't deliver in the way he has in the past. Mad as it may seem it could be in their long term interests to cash in at some point although unlikely the fans will agree, 

• Upvote 2

From what I recall, Ronaldo had achieved pretty much everything at United and wanted to test himself at what he considered to be a higher level. This for me would be referred to as moving on as a result of boredom.

If Coutinho is moving because of boredom, he is most likely wanting to move as a result of being bored of not achieving anything so far.

As a group of players, they all need to pull their socks up and start delivering what they are capable of, if they really think they are that good as simply moving to another club does not always guarantee achieving success.

Ask Michael Owen.

Hey, if you want to believe any player we have signed \ will sign wouldnt push to sign for real and barcelona even if we were winning titles, knock yourself out.

FCB to bid £101m with £36m add ons for coutinho. Player hasnt given up hope of a move this window.

Add ons said to be dependant on CL appearance, whether this is all is not clear nor the period of time for the add ons ie 2, 3, 4 or 5 years.

Breaking news on SSN sourced from Spain.