You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfers 2013

Gym Beglin

Why not, mate? He looks to at least have 'some' ability. Is he shit for most games or something? Genuine question, never seen him play.

No, he's actually not shit for most games at all and he definitely has buckets of ability. I saw him for a few games when I was at home, and he was still playing for Wellington. He was 18/19 then and by far the bet player on the pitch whenever he was on it. He will be the best player to come out of NZ for many a year. Loads of time and confidence. Maybe he could make the leap from the A League to Liverpool. I hope so. I am not particularly patriotic but I would love to see a NZer at Liverpool.

Definitely a good player. A livewire no. 10. Hopefully he carves out a good career for himself somewhere in Europe. I just can't see him cutting it at a big club. I would love to be wrong, mind.

Eh Tom our league isn't as good as we are told it is. If he has ability and that strong antipodean mentality to want to prove himself against these northern hemisphere quilts he could be worth a try.

We will embrace him as our new saviour until the next signing arrives. It's what we do best, or not.

By Alan Nixon, Dean Jones

Comments

Liverpool transfers It's over Coates: Liverpool ready to sell Sebastian Coates to Brazilians Gremio

26 Jan 2013 23:00

Boss Rodgers wants to move the Uruguayan on in the next 72 hours so he can use his £7million fee to bring in a replacement centre-back

Fast mover: Coates' Liverpool career could be days from ending Fast mover: Coates' Liverpool career could be days from ending

John Powell

Liverpool flop Sebastian Coates is a £7million target for Brazilian club Gremio – but it gives Kop boss Brendan Rodgers a transfer headache, writes the Sunday People.

The wealthy Samba outfit want to sign Uruguayan centre-half Coates and take him away from his Anfield misery.

But while the Reds would happily sell disappointing Coates for such a big sum, they face a problem over the timing of the deal.

Gremio can sign Coates AFTER the European window shuts as their deadlines are different – and that is a problem for the Anfield club.

Rodgers would want to spend the money to find a replacement – with Swansea’s Ashley Williams a big target – but his bosses are anxious.

If Liverpool sign Coates’ replacement before selling him it puts *them in a poor negotiating position.

So they will ask Gremio for a concrete bid in the next 72 hours.

The defender had been hoping a switch to Juventus would materialise after the Italian giants wanted to loan him for the rest of the season.

He said: “I’m going through a complicated moment here at Liverpool.

“I want to play for the Uruguayan national team and I must play for my team to achieve that.

“I do know the other defenders are playing really well and I must wait my chance. But, again, I want to play now.”

Leroy Fer to Everton.

Rodgers is looking like a mug.

Never seen or heard of this guy!

But a quick google says

"Fer got various nicknames. In his youth he got nicknamed De Uitsmijter (The Bouncer) by Feyenoord youth coach Jean-Paul van Gastel for his strong physical appearance. Other nicknames are Lerra [4] and Ferovic.[5] Cor Pot, coach of the Netherlands U21, compared Fer with Patrick Vieira. According to Pot both players show many similarities, on and off the field."

One day we'll finally realize that we need some muscle in Midfield.

Diame at £3.5M is still cheap,for free in the Summer was a wasted chance.

Our diddy man Allen is breaking up play so well though......