You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

It's a safe bet. We won't sign anyone above the £3-4m zone. Maybe someone desperate to go/come on loan, if we are battling relegation.

They have recouped £150m in fees and wages from selling, Torres, Kuyt, Bellamy, Adam, Meirelis, Babel et al and from loaning out Carroll...

As usual your desire to focus upon everything FSG do in a negative light means you just pluck facts and figures out of thin air to back up your point.

They were prepared to pay £20m on Sturridge and Dempsey in September so quite why you think it is a 'safe' bet that we won't spend above £4m demonstrates your inability to offer a balanced view.

How much have they spent on Wages (which incidently is more relevant to income and expenditure than tranfer spend and dependent upon how much income we as a club can earn) and transfers is in debit, no amount of creative accounting can change that fact.

As usual your desire to focus upon everything FSG do in a negative light means you just pluck facts and figures out of thin air to back up your point.

They were prepared to pay £20m on Sturridge and Dempsey in September so quite why you think it is a 'safe' bet that we won't spend above £4m demonstrates your inability to offer a balanced view.

How much have they spent on Wages (which incidently is more relevant to income and expenditure than tranfer spend and dependent upon how much income we as a club can earn) and transfers is in debit, no amount of creative accounting can change that fact.

and you are fabricating facts to convince everybody that the hedge fund is a sound owner. So you are worse than me.

How do you know they were prepared to pay 20m for Sturidge and Dempsey and why did they not actually do it and left the team with two strikers?

What will you be saying on January 31st after signing no one? The "summer window will be big"?

You are right. I don't like them and I'll keep saying it. I don't like people who wake up every morning with an aim to sell their lies and inflate their "investment".

Edited by Nightcat

I honestly don't think we will sign anyone in January.

Why would we?

By the time we get to January we will be too far away from the top 4, and safe enough from relegation, that there will be no point in paying the over inflated January prices, as it will be too late to achieve anything from our season by then.

We will just wait until the summer before we spend again in my opinion.

It's a safe bet. We won't sign anyone above the £3-4m zone. Maybe someone desperate to go/come on loan, if we are battling relegation.

They have recouped £150m in fees and wages from selling, Torres, Kuyt, Bellamy, Adam, Meirelis, Babel et al and from loaning out Carroll...

Why would you think we would be battling relegation. Are you soft in the head mate.

Our new scouting set up could be sorting some stars out maybe. We haven't set it up for fuck all have we.

The owners will give us the funds we need to improve the team. I've always been a Klose fan but can't see him leaving Lazio. Shame as he is fucking deadly.

Etoo? One can dream, but This Winter he'll be halfway through his three year contract with Anzhi. Highest paid footballer in the world, but at age 31 and having never played in England, perhaps we could tempt him with a lucrative two year deal?

Alain Traore could be an Etoo lite.

Henrique Mkhitaryan is making waves at Shakhtar.

Konoplyanka looks like a real talent.

Wilfred Bony at Vitesse looks a talented striker.

Brown ideye at Kiev, another striker.

Id love an African striker for example because quite often they bloom later than others, they don't cost the earth, and they havea fearlessness that's hard to find.

Got to say I think its bullshit when people say the reason we didn't get a striker is because FSG were willing to pay £15m/£20m for Sturridge (who is on massive wages at Chelsea) just that they weren't prepared to spend £5/6m on Dempsey plus I would imagine his relatively modest wage demands in comparison to Sturridge.

Why would you think we would be battling relegation. Are you soft in the head mate.

Our new scouting set up could be sorting some stars out maybe. We haven't set it up for fuck all have we.

The owners will give us the funds we need to improve the team. I've always been a Klose fan but can't see him leaving Lazio. Shame as he is fucking deadly.

Learn to read and think before you reply. I didn't say I think we will be battling relegation. I said we won't make any major signings unless we find ourselves in an extreme situation, such as battling relegation.

Sturridge or Walcott, although £15m for Sturridge would put that in doubt, Walcott would be a fair price - although he would have to be persuaded to leave Arsenal.

They won't get £15M when he's free in the summer, and Walcott has already decided to leave, otherwise he would have signed a contract.

Etoo? One can dream, but This Winter he'll be halfway through his three year contract with Anzhi. Highest paid footballer in the world, but at age 31 and having never played in England, perhaps we could tempt him with a lucrative two year deal?

Is it possible to get further away from FSG's expressed strategy when recruiting players? I doubt it.

So we have the possibility of acquiring the services of:

1 Llorente

2 Walcott

3 Huntelaar

4 Villa

5 Klose

6 Sturridge

At least 4 of them have their contracts up next summer. Therefore there really is no excuse for not getting at least one of them and would it really be too much to expect two of them?

I hope we don't get Sturridge, over-rated and probably expensive, much rather see someone like Shane Long come in then him.

I'm a fan of Demba Ba, despite his knee issue, I think he would be a good signing for 7mil. Then in the summer we can look at a long term goalscorer. Soldado would be very nice, but out of reach money-wise. Would be amazing if Dzeko signed for us, but thats another unrealistic option.

Why is everyone posting shit players that were good for a season, two seasons ago. Llorente is a big man and he really isn't as good as the hype has made him out to be. Sturridge is a shit awful player. Klose is 52. Huntelaar has played at two big clubs only to finally have success in Germany but he still failed at Milan and was not preferred to 63 year old pippo. Shane Long?

Now Arda Turan, thats a player, one we should have signed a long time ago. I think there very few good strikers out there that we could sign but if we could spend a bit of money we should def spend it on Cavani.