You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Gerrard returns home.

jimmycase

Wish he was playing instead of Can. More mobile (which isn't hard) with 5x the end product and 20x the passion and commitment.

Probably true. It isn't even that can's slow, which he is. He's always on his heels watching play. Very poor player that wouldn't even stand out in Scotland.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

What do you know about dress sense, 3 stacks, you still wear Velcro strap over Woolworth's trainees!

They're practically skin tight beneath the knee, yet they're all bunched up around the knees and ankle. Turd.

More than you, clearly. Also, if I had to assume what you regularly wear as you did for me, I'd say you probably sport baggy dad jeans with puke stains on them from your previous years of alcohol abuse. 

• Downvote 5

No idea of the original source of this, I think it's on Sky Sports News but...

Steven Gerrard has claimed that Liverpool will make “four or five” new signings in the summer, following the 1-1 draw with Chelsea

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a bit old - but it's relevant in a way because in the last couple of weeks I've seen fans of other teams (mostly Mancs I'm guessing) calling Gerrard "slippy G" in various news/sports forums. I know Gerrard was waning in his last year here but he doesn't deserve that - it must be really galling for him. I've never ever blamed him for that slip costing us the league because he single- handedly pulled us out of the mire many a game.

Fickle keyboard warriors, the internet is a bad thing a times.

• Upvote 2

I know this is a bit old - but it's relevant in a way because in the last couple of weeks I've seen fans of other teams (mostly Mancs I'm guessing) calling Gerrard "slippy G" in various news/sports forums. I know Gerrard was waning in his last year here but he doesn't deserve that - it must be really galling for him. I've never ever blamed him for that slip costing us the league because he single- handedly pulled us out of the mire many a game.

I don't think Gerrard is too worried as I doubt he reads football forums on the internet,at least non Liverpool ones anyway.

I don't think Gerrard is too worried as I doubt he reads football forums on the internet,at least non Liverpool ones anyway.

I know but it really irratated me he was still being remembered for that one thing! And isn't there a song sang at grounds about it? Hopefully he finds it a compliment in a way. Suppose it's one for the shiteness of modern football.

From reading his book he did seem a sensitive soul eg irratated with Rafa's cold treatment (preferring Houllier's arm round the shoulder attitude) and admitting a bad spell of form was because his parents marriage had split up.

I know but it really irratated me he was still being remembered for that one thing! And isn't there a song sang at grounds about it? Hopefully he finds it a compliment in a way. Suppose it's one for the shiteness of modern football.

From reading his book he did seem a sensitive soul eg irratated with Rafa's cold treatment (preferring Houllier's arm round the shoulder attitude) and admitting a bad spell of form was because his parents marriage had split up.

He was very well paid and enjoyed an illustrious career so I think the last laugh is on the morons who think that way.

Comments like that, from no-marks on an internet forum, shows how obsessed opposing fans were and still are with Gerrard. Only proves what a great player he was.