You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

[/b]

Seemed a no-brainer to me at the time. With his contacts with all of the other top clubs he would have been ideal & Ayre could have stayed doing what he does well, bringing in commercial deals.

I know the source is dubious but it looks as if we still do not get the fact that we need an experienced guy with Premier League contacts , not somebody from the Cypriot Lacrosse league or wherever.

I don't think that "they don't get it". They get it quite well.

They don't want a strong CEO like Barwick for the same reason the didn't want a strong experienced manager like Capello or Van Gaal. They want people that they can control and when it's necessary to blame them for their failings and fire them. People like Dein, Barwick, Van Gaal, wouldn't take that shit. Plus they'd have to pay those people higher wages and that doesn't align with their approach.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that "they don't get it". They get it quite well.

They don't want a strong CEO like Barwick for the same reason the didn't want a strong experienced manager like Capello or Van Gaal. They want people that they can control and when it's necessary to blame them for their failings and fire them. People like Dein, Barwick, Van Gaal, wouldn't take that shit. .

I think that you get it very well.

at the end of the day ayre is good at the commercial side of liverpool fc

rightley or wrongly ayre and fsg have fuckrd up royaly and need to put it right

as supporters we need to show fsg we need to not pay for cup games let them

put things right we need to get a forward of some sort maybee call andy carrol back from loan give him a chance and stop wasting time on borini he is not good enough

The rumours on friday night (probably bollocks they were a mate of a mate kind of thing)were that Fulham were pissed off at the way Liverpool (or Ayre) had tried to do the deal with Dempsey 1st but were willing to do the deal providing Liverpool payed the £6m they wanted,Ayre for whatever reason (either we had no money or he thought 'cos the way Dempsey came out and said he only wanted to play for us)wouldn't budge on the £5m offer after a few phone calls Fulham fucked him off and told him even if he came up with £6-7m offer they wouldn't sell to us Dempsey was told this so he jumped ship and went to Tottenham.

So its possible that Ayre tried to get a few brownie points with FSG and it backfired big time.

I have no real love for Ayre, but does anybody really think that he had been told he could have the money for Dempsey by FSG & Rodgers breathing down his neck, and he decided off his own back not to do it.

I think that Ayre is a good commercial manager- but is incapable of being an MD, the evidence to date is controvertible.

What happened with Dempsey and Sturridge? The rumour mill was in over drive this lunchtime around the tables.

With Sturridge, I think that Ayre didn’t do his homework and thought that he could get him on loan, then when he realised that he was in for a £15m transfer fee and £20m in wages that was way beyond budget and couldn’t swing it with FSG – oops.

The case that he fucked up the Dempsey transfer that was waiting to be done all summer is undeniable.

I suspect that the flames of last summer’s transfer debacle were licking around his backside during the end of season inquest and transferring the blame to Kenny was a VERY close thing. I suspect that he thought that a player that wanted to join Liverpool, and a club that had little option other than to sell, was the perfect vehicle for showing FSG what he could do – what could go wrong?

Instead he over estimated his own ability, and let the closest thing to a done deal slip through his fingers. Rodger’s body language spoke volumes today, adding credence to stories of an almighty bust up between them.Rodgers job and career could be fucked by his incompetence.

Whether Dempsey would have been a good signing or not is irrelevant (I think he would have been). The fact of the matter is that when Fulham quoted £10m he was unable to negotiate the fee down to £6m – but Levy could.

He has previous in this, almost losing out on Suarez by opening with a £12m bid leaving Ajax thinking we were not serious. Overbidding, or underbidding. He cannot get it right.

will there be any statement from chang and/or ayre and/or fsg about how they managed to eff up so badly on the last day of the window and leave us with just 2 forwards in our entire squad?

was ayre at the game today? I wonder did he realise as he drove out of melwood at 8:30 pm how badly the fans would feel let down and the shitstorm that it would cause?

are ayre and henry and werner still going to be able to happily wander around anfield now or have they become persons non-grata?

on a scale of 0-10, 10 being the feelings towards h&G at the end of their time, what level of antagonism do the fanbase have towards ayre and fsg now?

I would say 6 or 7 now and as results get worse and we continue to struggle in front of goal, that could reach an 8 or 9 until they sign someone in January.....

and all this because they wouldn't stump up an extra few quid for dempsey, i wonder do they think it was worth it now holding out? utter morons

The rumours on friday night (probably bollocks they were a mate of a mate kind of thing)were that Fulham were pissed off at the way Liverpool (or Ayre) had tried to do the deal with Dempsey 1st but were willing to do the deal providing Liverpool payed the £6m they wanted' date='Ayre for whatever reason (either we had no money or he thought 'cos the way Dempsey came out and said he only wanted to play for us)wouldn't budge on the £5m offer after a few phone calls Fulham fucked him off and told him even if he came up with £6-7m offer they wouldn't sell to us Dempsey was told this so he jumped ship and went to Tottenham.

So its possible that Ayre tried to get a few brownie points with FSG and it backfired big time.[/quote']

When I saw what happened and then heard about our bid, I thought we tried to play them and got played back. What is not clear if this is true is what level of autonomy Ayre had. I think Werner has some part to play in the transfer debacle.