You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Markovic had been offered to Chelsea for half what we paid and they fucked him off cos he was shite. Then we went in and threw £20m at them. It beggars belief.

Fair enough he had champions league experience, but it means fuck all if he's shite.

That's right, they had a first refusal didn't they...

I hate our transfer committee for not having the capability of building a time machine and going back for Diego Maradona and Franz Beckanbauer.

I just hate them for using their extensive scouting network to come up with a 74 year old Samuel Eto'o and Mario Balotelli as replacements for the best striker in the world.

I'm not sure if that's much better. Almost identical output, Firmino cost us what, almost three times as much?

Everyone including me was banging on about buying established players rather than more potential at the time.

Alii has certainly kicked on since he joined spurs. You like to think he'd have done the same if he'd come here but you never know.

Everyone including me was banging on about buying established players rather than more potential at the time.

Alii has certainly kicked on since he joined spurs. You like to think he'd have done the same if he'd come here but you never know.

They could've done them simultaneously, we had £100m plus from the sale of Suarez and Sterling FFS!

If Spurs offered a straight swap; Firmino and Alli, would you take it now?

Markovic had been offered to Chelsea for half what we paid and they fucked him off cos he was shite. Then we went in and threw £20m at them. It beggars belief.

Fair enough he had champions league experience, but it means fuck all if he's shite.

He was in the Europa League team of the tournament at the age of 20. Maybe he was overpriced but you cannot legislate for the manager of the club to sabotage the guy by playing him at wingback and constantly subbing him off at half-time. If he comes back next year and doesn't kick on under Klopp, then he'll be a flop, but till then the jury is still out.

Also, I don't care what Chelsea do or don't do as far as their transfer activities are concerned because it's even worse than ours.

Yay this entertaining debate again. Love it when people bitch about the transfer committee.

To be fair when the player we missed out on is this fucking good, it's heart breaking... Considering the amount we spent on dross like Markovic, Aspas, Alberto, etc.

Kane is just a boss out and out striker, doesn't dribble, isn't a (puts on girly Rick Mayall voice) 'false nine', he just knows where the net is and would do blindfolded. Very rare these days, would rather have one of them any day of the week than some dribbling trickster. That's why I loved Torres. Goalscorers with power who put them away, beautiful.

A 5 point gap with 4 games to play is still a hugely significant gap. I think the last minute draw is also a big factor from yesterday, it showed a resilience you need in title races. I highly doubt Spurs will win all 4 either. Plus the so called harder games for Leicester are the mancs, Chelsea and Everton all of whom are absolutely shite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk