You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down ffs, it's 45 minutes into our season, players who have never played together before against a team half way through their domestic season. It's been hard to watch but fuck em some people need to chill out

They've solved that problem by not bothering to pass to Borini. But apart from him, who else has never played together before?

Calm down ffs, it's 45 minutes into our season, players who have never played together before against a team half way through their domestic season. It's been hard to watch but fuck em some people need to chill out

I expect a few teething problems. But we'll never get there wasting our time on these players. Carra, Jones, Downing, Spearing, Cole, Henderson...what are any of them doing there? We're not even trying to sell any of them from what it looks like. I was looking forward to the season a few weeks ago when i assumed these lads would be seen as surplus to requirements. Now I'm not so sure.

From reading the comments, I should be thankful I am working and not able to watch this. The ESPN live thread also makes for dire reading with:

Possession: FC Gomel 43 - 57 Liverpool

Shots FC Gomel 12 - 2 Liverpool

And about 63% of our possession has been one of our players standing on the ball wondering what to do with it.

I expect a few teething problems. But we'll never get there wasting our time on these players. Carra, Jones, Downing, Spearing, Cole, Henderson...what are any of them doing there? We're not even trying to sell any of them from what it looks like. I was looking forward to the season a few weeks ago when i assumed these lads would be seen as surplus to requirements. Now I'm not so sure.

But they're not necessarily first team regulars. Yes, most of them are shit, but this isn't our full team and it's the first game of the season

No movement from our attacking players, defenders standing looking for someone to pass to, too many long balls because of the lack of movement, at least we are not losing.

It's only the 1st game of the season I'm sure we will improve in the 2nd half

Fucking hell, that was horrible. No improvement in anyway whatsoever from last season which is very worrying. This is on a par with the worst of the Benitez, Owl face and Kenny eras.

Ah, but Kenny was old, out-of-touch, wasted money, was given a season, and didn't have a dossier/manifesto/system though. That's the big difference, can't you see?

And as of Owlie, well, he's the England gaffer now, don't you know?