You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No risk & a proven winner Rafa Benitez

ronnie38

Anyone who wants Benitez anywhere near this club is a fucking moron who hasn't got a clue what the club stands for.

See?

So, tell me what this club stands for then. Remind me. The values this club was built on are outdated & long fuckin gone. I suppose I'm a moron tho as I would love to have him back but you are a massive, self righteous fuckin tool of massive proportions.

Anyone who wants Benitez anywhere near this club is a fucking moron who hasn't got a clue what the club stands for.

See?

Go on, you saying Benitez failed to understand what the club stood for.

I can understand if you dont want him as manager, but would love to hear you expand on that bollocks of a sentence.

And the Kenny diehards who'll think that Benitez submarined Kenny?

Or Henry and his wife not wanting the Rafistas taking the piss every time they show up at Anfield?

Rafa's history. We need a fecking future, not another past.

His pedigree pisses on that of most of these names being banded about. I'd have him back I a heartbeat.

On footballing criteria, I agree with you.

But when you have been sacked by your last three Boards for falling out with them, it sends a message that few potential Boards welcome.It is a total mismatch with FSG, unless they make him DOF and the Mainman simply on the basis that he cant argue with, and plot against, himself!

(I would love to have him as DOF btw)

Rafa is the logical choice the way i see it.

Can't think of a better manager realistically available to us.

His last few years here he was working against the strongest fucking head wind possible.

Yeah, he made some fuck ups in the transfer market, but which fucking manager does not ?

Rafa is a tactical genius, with proper financial backing im absolutely convinced he'd have won us no 19. And he can spot a player too, Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Lucas. And the likes of which he tried to sign but the owners refused funds for. Alves, Villa and yep Luis Suarez.

Please answer this:

Okay people don't like Benitez. That is your opinion.

But if it was between Rafa and Martinez, would you seriously not opt for Rafa?

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I know who Kenny would opt for.

It would be interesting if someone could do a poll of realistic targets we could get, I reckon even on here Rafa would piss it.

It would be interesting if someone could do a poll of realistic targets we could get, I reckon even on here Rafa would piss it.

Sensibly are we talking Benitez/ Martinez/ Lambert/Rodgers ?

Would Van Gaal come in as manager? Trapattoni?

Would FSG "buy in" Capello?

An off beat suggestion for you - Van Gaal DOF, Frank Rijkaard manager.

if Benitez gets the job, he will be sacked within a season, we'll not get into the Champions League, and we won't win a cup. We'll end up more points behind City, and we simply will just be even worse, with no trophy.

£96 to the HJC says so.

The barometer is, Benitez is sacked from now till the end of May next year should he get the job of course.

if Benitez gets the job, he will be sacked within a season, we'll not get into the Champions League, and we won't win a cup. We'll end up more points behind City, and we simply will just be even worse, with no trophy.

£96 to the HJC says so.

If that's how you feel, why do you have him as your avatar with the caption: "bring him back home"?

Are you being a little tinker again?

£96 to the HJC says so.

I'll take that up.

Not the winning the cup thing, but everything I've bolded.

Without spending a penny he would get us playing better. But so would have Kenny. Eitherway, you proposed the bet, lets go for it.

£96 to the HJC.

£96 to the HJC says so.

The barometer is, Benitez is sacked from now till the end of May next year should he get the job of course.

A fantastic statement would you please tell me how you came to that conclusion, tell me why you believe Benitez would be such a failure although going on your predictions with the last two managers perhaps you shouldn't bother.

Seriously though sensibly talking about Rafa, given his nature, given his history. Is it entirely practical to have someone who only listens to himself, who is incredibly stubborn, and wasted just as much money as he spent very well, the LFC manager position.

We've got no DoF, No Communications Officer, No backroom staff, nothing, absolutely nothing. Do you think the owners are going to give Benitez the control he desires? No chance.

On footballing criteria, I agree with you.

But when you have been sacked by your last three Boards for falling out with them, it sends a message that few potential Boards welcome.It is a total mismatch with FSG, unless they make him DOF and the Mainman simply on the basis that he cant argue with, and plot against, himself!

(I would love to have him as DOF btw)

When those same boards go back on their word and refuse to fulfill promises they made then he has every right to fall out with them, and it shows him to be a man of principles who has the balls to stand up to fucking liars who made promises they had no intention of keeping.

I'd be very very surprised if Rafa was to be appointed. I can even imagine Al bending FSG's ear about why it would be a bad idea. He might even tell them about all the nasty things Rafa's supposed to have said and done during his previous stint.

I can imagine him rubbing his hands as he reels off a list of things Rafa may/may not have done.

Seriously though sensibly talking about Rafa, given his nature, given his history. Is it entirely practical to have someone who only listens to himself, who is incredibly stubborn, and wasted just as much money as he spent very well, the LFC manager position.

We've got no DoF, No Communications Officer, No backroom staff, nothing, absolutely nothing. Do you think the owners are going to give Benitez the control he desires? No chance.

He would not desire it.

The only reason he desired control before is because he had Rick Parry and the like undermining him.