You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Netflix Review Thread

odris

Thought it would be good to have a place to recommend films/TV shows on Netflix to each other.

If you didn't know you can get the US version of Netflix on your PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii by changing the DNS settings.

PS3

1. Select (Settings) > (Network Settings).

2. Select [internet Connection Settings].

3. Select [Yes] when a confirmation screen is displayed stating that you will be disconnected from the Internet.

4. Select [Custom]. Leave all settings as is until you reach [DNS Settings].

5. Select [Manual] and fill DNS server fields with values from the table below:

6. Press Right button on the PS3 controller until offered to check connection. Check connection to save the new settings.

IMPORTANT

Restart the PS3 before using the service

If you had Canadian Netflix installed before, hold "Start" and "Select" buttons on the controller at the same time while starting Netflix app on PS3. It will allow you to reset Netflix settings and activate it at Netflix.com

To install Netflix application - you can open Unblock Us - smarter faster VPN from PS3 Internet Browser. You need to log in to PSN using US or Canadian account, install latest PS3 updates (if any) and your system must be configured as described above before you start installation

Xbox 360

Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.

Select Configure Network.

On the Basic Settings tab, select DNS Settings.

Select Manual.

Select Primary DNS Server.

Enter the primary DNS server as in the table below and then select Done.

Select Secondary DNS Server.

Enter secondary DNS server as in the table below and then select Done.

Select Done again.

Press the B button on your controller, and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Important!

Restart your XBox 360 before using the service

Troubleshooting:

if you get "We're unable to connect to Netflix. Please try later. Support: netflix.com/tvhelp". and/or

If Netflix does not respond when you select it, try deleting Netflix and downloading the software again. Here’s how:

1.Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.

2.Select Memory.

3.Select your primary storage device (most likely the Xbox 360 Hard Drive).

4.Select Games.

5.Find and select any items that refer to Netflix.

6.Select Delete.

7.Return to the Xbox Dashboard.

8.Go to Video Marketplace, and then select Netflix.

9.Select Confirm Download to download Netflix.

Wii

1. Open Wii Options (round button on home screen).

2. Go to Wii Settings

3. Scroll right and open "Internet"

4. Click "Connection Settings"

5. Open active connection (with red corners around)

6. Click "Change settings"

7. Scroll right to "Auto-Obtain DNS" screen (please DO NOT touch "Auto-Obtain IP Address", scroll right one more time)

8. Select "No" and open "Advanced Settings"

9. Enter our DNS in "Primary DNS" and "Secondary DNS" fields

10. Click "Confirm"

11. Click "Save"

12. Click "OK"

13. Wait until test is done and return to main screen.

14. (optional, if you don't want to change settings in the computer) Open "Internet Channel" and go to Check Service to link Wii to your account.

Switching from different Netflix account

If your Wii was registered with another (e.g. Canadian) Netflix account and you want to switch it to US do following:

1. From the Wii home screen click on round "Wii" (Options) button in bottom left corner

2. Click "Data Management"

3. Click "Save Data"

4. Click "Wii"

5. Find "Netflix Channel" (red square with letter N), click on it, select "Erase" and then confirm "Yes"

6. Try to find more "Netflix Channel" icons in that area, scroll to next screen if required (there could be more than one saved block)

7. Return to Wii menu and start Netflix Channel. You should get "Are you a Netflix member?" question and when you answer "Yes" it will show you activation code, which you can use at netflix.com/activate.

Sorry it's a bit long, hope it helps someone, the US Netflix selection is far better than the UK. Just use your login details from the UK version.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it would be good to have a place to recommend films/TV shows on Netflix to each other.

If you didn't know you can get the US version of Netflix on your PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii by changing the DNS settings.

Sorry it's a bit long, hope it helps someone, the US Netflix selection is far better than the UK. Just use your login details from the UK version.

.. it's times like this that i really wish i was dating a nerd.

Guest ShoePiss

What you can do is add your mates on netflix so you can see their queue, what they've already watched and how they rated what they watched...

Sign up to the UK netflix and use your login details for that on the US version once you have done what I said in the first post, some TV stuff on there...

Arrested Development

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Trailer Park Boys

Lie To Me

The Office (UK & US)

Archer

Blue Mountain State

Friday Night Lights

Good Documentaries:

Dear Zachary (amazing and very touching)

Waiting for Superman (About the US school system)

Grizzly Man (Man lives amongst bears, BEARS! BEATS!....BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!.)

Then there is shit loads of good films, some quite recent ones like Kick Ass and True Grit.

Sign up to the UK netflix and use your login details for that on the US version once you have done what I said in the first post, some TV stuff on there...

Arrested Development

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Trailer Park Boys

Lie To Me

The Office (UK & US)

Archer

Blue Mountain State

Friday Night Lights

Good Documentaries:

Dear Zachary (amazing and very touching)

Waiting for Superman (About the US school system)

Grizzly Man (Man lives amongst bears, BEARS! BEATS!....BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!.)

Then there is shit loads of good films, some quite recent ones like Kick Ass and True Grit.

Every time I watch Justified I see an ad for Archer. What's it about and do you rate it?

Quidco doing £15 cashback for Netflix and £18 for Lovefilm by the way.

I really like it. It's got 7 seasons of The Office (US), Loads of IT Crowd, The Thick of It, plenty of South Park, the Louis C.K. stand-up which I'd never seen before and is great, Green Wing, Peep Show.... stuff I like anyway. Oh, and to top it all off... A Bit of Fry and Laurie! Lovely!

Just tried this and it worked straight away. Cheers odris. Well chuffed because the 3rd series of Breaking Bad is on the US version. Only the 1st two series on the UK site. By the way, if you havent watched it, get involved. Its more addictive than chocolate covered crack. Fucking superb TV

I signed up to Netflix before i found out about the DNS changing thing, i was about to cancel as it was so poor.

The US version is great though if you are unable to donload torrents and stuff it has alot of good series on like all of 24, prison break, breaking bad, walking dead etc.

Would defo recommend it also has some great documentries. theres one about american prisons which is great.

Compared to Lovefilm the streaming quality is fantastic.

Would defo recommend for £6 a month (1 free) and £15 cash back.