You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is responsible for ruining football?

Rambo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of factors from FIFA, The FA, The Premier League, Sky TV, The clubs & players themselves & 'supporters' too.

It all comes down to money & greed.

Ticket prices should be no more than £20. That isn't going to happen when players are earning 100k+ a week & even the shit squad players are earning 30k a week.

There should be less football on tv. Get the dad & his kid at the match rather than watching on the box.

Netball is a more physical game than football now. Maybe i'm in the minority on this but I miss the physical nature of the game. I remember the days when a great crunching tackle lifted the crowd almost as much as a goal.

some cunt called murdock. then someone else called murdock. believe there is a person(?) called murdock as well. not sure but think this cunt ruined football and our unions... oh and i think his name is murdock... licked twatchers fanny for fun.. may he rot in hell...

btw his name is rupert "the turd" murdock....

the loss of 96 beautiful kopites was when it all started to go wrong sadly.

all seater stadiums meant ticket prices would rise due to loss of capacity to make up the short fall in cash.

then the ticket prices kept rising cos clubs thought 'wow,these suckers arent complaining and we sell shitloads more merchandise to the new posher fans' and the working classes (who kept the game alive when it was unsexy/unsafe/untelevised) were forced out and could only afford to watch it on sky or pub tv screens.

so then the sky tv deals became even bigger and before we knew it the clubs are spending ridiculous amounts of money on wages and transfers to keep chasing the top 4 revenue from the champions league or premeirship tv rights.

the game has completely changed and to be honest I think its boring as fuck now.I remember when a clubs success dependended on a bit of cash and alot of brilliance from managers.

I blame the supporters for letting it get so far away from us so quickly.

I'd love to see a 'rebel league' started were there is know advantage other than having a good manager and/or youth system.....do you think it could ever work?

the loss of 96 beautiful kopites was when it all started to go wrong sadly.

all seater stadiums meant ticket prices would rise due to loss of capacity to make up the short fall in cash.

then the ticket prices kept rising cos clubs thought 'wow,these suckers arent complaining and we sell shitloads more merchandise to the new posher fans' and the working classes (who kept the game alive when it was unsexy/unsafe/untelevised) were forced out and could only afford to watch it on sky or pub tv screens.

so then the sky tv deals became even bigger and before we knew it the clubs are spending ridiculous amounts of money on wages and transfers to keep chasing the top 4 revenue from the champions league or premeirship tv rights.

the game has completely changed and to be honest I think its boring as fuck now.I remember when a clubs success dependended on a bit of cash and alot of brilliance from managers.

I blame the supporters for letting it get so far away from us so quickly.

I'd love to see a 'rebel league' started were there is know advantage other than having a good manager and/or youth system.....do you think it could ever work?

You obviously mean well but don't actually know what happened.

All seater stadia didn't become compulsary because of Hillsborough, it was because two cunts at the FA wanted to make money.

You obviously mean well but don't actually know what happened.

All seater stadia didn't become compulsary because of Hillsborough, it was because two cunts at the FA wanted to make money.

No they didnt but who was going to say no after it?

The truth is that clubs were desperate to put all seater stadiums in,Jimmy Hill was a leading campaigner for this as Coventry chairman and the disaster helped to quicken the demise of standing at games.Getting rid of standing was the right decision but for the wrong reasons.

Sky and football clubs themselves bullshitted everybody by saying the extra revenue would make facilities better and subsidise reasonably priced comfort but most of the money has gone into the pockets of players,agents,sponsors and the chairmen's pockets despite what they say.

No they didnt but who was going to say no after it?

The truth is that clubs were desperate to put all seater stadiums in,Jimmy Hill was a leading campaigner for this as Coventry chairman and the disaster helped to quicken the demise of standing at games.Getting rid of standing was the right decision but for the wrong reasons.

Sky and football clubs themselves bullshitted everybody by saying the extra revenue would make facilities better and subsidise reasonably priced comfort but most of the money has gone into the pockets of players,agents,sponsors and the chairmen's pockets despite what they say.

That isn't my point mate. Why was it in the report in the first place?

Two corrupt right wing cunts in the FA wanting to make money on the back of 96 deaths.

My ex husband, i blame him for everything else gone wrong, may aswell throw this in too.

Cracking reply. haha

Football is worse coz we haven't won anything for 6 years. FACT. But I still love it. I cant however stand the media and agents who to be honest work together to cause as much shit together as they can to make a headline. If we make Wembley in the mickey mouse cup I will be made up Melons.

As far as I remember it was only a recommendation but once it was out there it was most likely the simplest measure to take and the one with the potential to make loads of money from too.

It was never a suggestion.

Lord Justice Taylor made no mention of it.

Until those cunts at the FA suggested it, bought a near bankrupt plastics company, and then made millions from making plastic seats for football stadia.

Money is the big problem, and changing to the Premier League. How many lower league clubs faced Administration and going bust before the Prem started?? Not that many. Since then they have all chased the dream of getting to the top and spending their way to it, and most fail.

The lower leagues now cannot sell their decent players to the top division teams as foreigners are coming in from all over the place to get their slice of money.

Before too long their will only be two or three leagues in the English divisions

As brutal as it sounds I would love to see a complete boycott of all things football in the premier league. Let them realise where the power really lies. Shame I don't think it could ever happen. That and a wage cap, sharing money down the chain of clubs, reasonable pricing, etc etc. easy for me to say, I am a fallen season ticket holder who has moved away for work years ago.