You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Slur Alex losing the plot?

Megadrive Man

The problem in the premier league is that most teams take the field against United believing they've already lost and that a point is a great result.

I think this one of the main reasons for their last couple of championships. Teams still play against them as though they're as good as when they were at their peak when they won the treble. City put 6 goals past them and the teams playing them after that should have thought this was an ideal time to go out and have a go at them. Instead Everton, Sunderland and Villa all seemed content to lose 1-0 and pat themselves on the back for not getting thrashed. I watched the Villa game last week and I don't think I've ever seen a team make less of an effort to try and get an equaliser.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Empires rise and empires fall. If history teaches us anything, it's this truth.

If you were to stand at the centre of the Roman Empire and say, "Yeah, but one day all of this will have gone and Rome will just be a city in a country which will be just another struggling European nation" you'd see that anything is possible.

Mongolian, Roman, Greek, British, etc etc.

In sport Liverpool fell.

America will fall, and in sport so will Man Utd.

I think it's on its way out. There's a lot of evidence to back this.

Everton at Goodison was their next league game after the City hammering. United won 1-0. Agree that Villa are shite but it's attitude as much as anything. Basel are hardly world beaters but they'd obviously done their homework and noticed United had weaknesses as opposed to about 90% of the teams in the Premier League who just seem to set out beforehand not to get hammered. United pretty much got their ideal fixtures after the City game. Everton and Villa always seem to roll over against them, as does any team managed by Steve Bruce.

just cos we havent had the money to back us up like the scum and the russian oligarch wtf how many european cups have chelsea won? how many european cups have the mancs won? two' date=' that is a piss poor record for anyone and yet here we are saying how great this cunt is, your having a barney bubble bath, how many trophies have we won in the last 12 years? fucking loads fa cups league cups uefa cups cups coming out of your ears oh aye thats right old big ears we snatched that c*nt too. so overall id say we have done ok and by the looks of things we are heading towards another magnificent trophy haul so im happy enough.[/quote']

You're arguing with the notion that Liverpool has 'fallen' from our domination of the 1970s/1980s?

You don't think that Man Utd is now the dominant force in English football?

Keep going, you're playing a blinder...

they were the dominant force emphasise on were. but look at what we have done while they have been flying high. we are a good team at the moment they are not' date=' as for fallen wind your neck in this isnt constantinople or rome we have always been a good side youv been watching too much gladiator or something.[/quote']

Do you like movies about gladiators, sho' nuff?

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Empires rise and empires fall. If history teaches us anything, it's this truth.

If you were to stand at the centre of the Roman Empire and say, "Yeah, but one day all of this will have gone and Rome will just be a city in a country which will be just another struggling European nation" you'd see that anything is possible.

Mongolian, Roman, Greek, British, etc etc.

In sport Liverpool fell.

America will fall, and in sport so will Man Utd.

I think it's on its way out. There's a lot of evidence to back this.

Spot on. Judging quite where they are on this gradual decline is more difficult. Clearly Ferguson cannot go on for that much longer and I see little longevity about the way he structures his management team. It is entirely driven by him. Would he even want them to be successful when he retires?

Failing to qualify for the CL knockout is a blow but far from a disaster. If they failed to qualify for CL next season then it might get very interesting. I forget where I read but the summary of their position was that they have an annual turnover of £300 million, it costs them £200 million to run the club and out of the £100 million or so profit they pay £50 million to service their debt.

Going out of the CL at this stage will cost them roughly £20 million but in the context of their turnover, profit and debts it's not hugely significant. If they followed this up by finishing out of the top 4 this season it might well turn into a crisis.

It's up to us to get our act together then?

Guest davelfc

City activating their unlimited cash cheat have changed everything. Chelsea had a cash cheat but at least it had limits, even though it was a cheat.

The mancs (the red shit ones) for all I despise them, have earned every penny they have. Sure they've sold their soul to the devil, whored themselves out but they earn what is theirs and add to it by being successful.

Even they can't compete, the only answer would to be to find another rich sheik, in fact the whole football world could be saved if every single club could find it's own sheik.

Bacon face had his chance to retire on top, had his opportunity to bow out after winning 19 league titles. But like some pathetic dictator who clings to power he will go on, because once he retires he will just be some crazy old pissed scot that nobody listens to instead of a crazy old pissed scot that the media flagellate to.

With him he knows he would take his influence, any replacement will find himself unprotected and who knows years of threat and fear might suddenly be turned against them. It's no secret that if you want to succeed as a referee or a linesman then you don't upset ferguson.

No he's getting old and probably senile but he will die in that job, hopefully in a live televised match on camera, in a relegation decider and having pissed himself as well.

They werent really.

Their fans got a bit pissed off for a while when Chelsea were ahead of them in 2010. Then they started to look like they were going to overtake our record and they shut up and put their green and gold scarfs away and you have hardly heard anyone bring up their debt situation until yesterday. Like I said, fickle.

It looks like the investors that wanted to buy them have fucked off, lets hope it stays that way.

But its too early to write them off at this stage.

Spot on, Rob.

Wired reaction thread we are aware its still possible for them to win the league. And its Guarenteed they will qualify for the CL we laugh now but sadly we are always the first and they are the last to laugh.

Graham Hunter was talking on the wireless about Shitcoat putting the spade work in for when Beelzebub shuffles off. He's been inviting Darren Ferguson to training sessions and giving him advice and whatnot, slowly ingraining himself.

To right this season off is, I think, fair game, but to say that their 'Dynasty' is coming to an end is premature. They are still the most valuable football 'brand' in the world and that won't change over night because City won the lottery, perspective is needed. As much as it hurts to say Shitcoat is a winner and will win with them if he goes there.

We are on a high-wire, we can get to where we belong but we have to ride our luck and make sure every outlay counts, then we can reestablish ourselves, but we need a lot of ground work first.