You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

I'm going to be a fanny and take a back seat with this one.

I fucking absolutely adored Torres, probably up there with one of my favourite Liverpool players. Or was.

I cant love someone so much and then instantly hate them, it doesn't work like that for me.

The situation reminds me of that of an ex-bird. You hate them, but still have feelings for them and think about them on a regular basis. You then take happiness in the fact that they have actually downgraded when you see them with some gimp from down South.

You then take even more joy when you pull some new fantastic South American bird who seems at the minute a step up from your old bird. Hits the right spot as of yet.

Even though you have this new beautiful South American bird, your still tempted to have a little fumble with ure dickhead of an ex-bird, just because you loved them so much the temptation is always there.

You love to rub your new boss birds face in your ex-birds face who's standing their with a huge mistake and guilt written all over her face.

Although you do revel in rubbing it in their face, you then do begin to feel sorry for them and pity sets in.

Does this ring any bells???????????????????????????

He fucked up and he knows it, you can see it in his face that there is only one thing he wants to do, score against us. TBH I thought he had last night, but Pepe pulled off a great save. His time in the Prem is coming to an end, he will be back in Spain in the summer, if not Jan. Strangely, I somehow feel sorry for him, he could have been a legend, now he is nothing more than a has been .

I think something that really showed him what he lost was the difference in supporters last night, our fans were a credit to the club AND the Premiership, the chavs booing Bellars after his last few days said everything, no class, lowlife cunts the lot of them.

Was made up for Bellars setting up both goals, just a shame he didn't grab one. Either way he emptied the bridge. Nice one !

Us a favour?

We got £50m for a player who had lost his way for some time. Maybe for whatever reason, he is past his best, we certainly did not sell him when he was at his best, we did sell him for a killer price.

The only problem with this mate is we managed to waste £35m of it.

The only problem with this mate is we managed to waste £35m of it.

I'm really trying not to think that way but the doubts are slowly creeping in about Andy and whether he's made for Liverpool....

What if he continues like this until the end of the season.. What do we do in the summer? Do we take a chance and hope that he will come good or is that enough time for Kenny and the coaching staff to realise that he's just not going to fit into the way they want to play, if that's the case then I would hope that we could still get around £20m for him due to his age and him being English and the fact that he's on affordable wages for most clubs..??

To those advocating having FT back - absolutely no chance - this is something I feel stroingly about.

For many reasons - but the main two are

1) the way he treated us when he left.

and

2) he is rubbish and has been for about 2 years. LFC needs better than FT.

To those saying get him back here

Do you recall like me on that fateful Friday defending him cos you thought our heroes never lie to us the fans cos we are important to them only to find that indeed yes the SSN news journos were right that he'd lied to us and asked to join Chelsea? The truth is that this man thinks of nothing but himself and if he came back to us (which would never happen) and then found he could get more elsewhere or thought he may have more chance of winning somerthing elsewhere then he'd be off again - loyalty? - no chance.

The truth is that this man did not merit being treated as a hero by Anfield fans - none of our previous heroes have treated us like this.

Do you also recall his displays in the last 18 months of his LFC career? - hardly any decent ones - except ironically enough V Chelsea. Yet rather than keep quiet and work on his game to try to help us out, what we got looked like lack of effort and being bothered to me. Not chasing balls, missing easy chances, not finding positions and just general rubbishness whilst accepting no responsibility for his own ineptitude being part of the problem. Good people round our club (managers, fans, coaches ...etc) turned a blind eye, made excuses for him as we had seen what he could be when he first came but that became a distant memory. Do we want this back in a red shirt? - hell no!!

The truth actually now seems to be that he is not capable of better judging by what he has done in a CFC shirt since he joined them. There he seems about 5th choice striker based on his displays and imo only gets games cos of the fee they paid!!

We as a club under Kenny are full of positive players who love our club and and would run their heart out for it, people without an ego in sight and that is vital - that is the future and it excites me. I love the way our club and players are now. Risk that? - no way!!

Yes we do need a new striker and maybe Andy may end up being ditched (altho now is far too soon - and at least with him I have no probs with his attitude) but no way on this earth should that striker be FT. Been there, done that, don't want to go back.

Guest San Don
67102558.jpg

Ace bit of photoshopping!

I'm really trying not to think that way but the doubts are slowly creeping in about Andy and whether he's made for Liverpool....

What if he continues like this until the end of the season.. What do we do in the summer? Do we take a chance and hope that he will come good or is that enough time for Kenny and the coaching staff to realise that he's just not going to fit into the way they want to play, if that's the case then I would hope that we could still get around £20m for him due to his age and him being English and the fact that he's on affordable wages for most clubs..??

People on Carroll's back after half a season really should take a step back. Look at Lucas. He's been here what 3 years? He'd been vilified like nothing before for a good 2 years and more. Now look at him. People are actually gutted he may be out for 6 months now, that's how much he's come on.

Carroll needs support and time. We used to give players that because we knew if they work hard, they'll likely come good.

To those advocating having FT back - absolutely no chance - this is something I feel stroingly about.

and

Do you recall like me on that fateful Friday defending him cos you thought our heroes never lie to us the fans cos we are important to them only to find that indeed yes the SSN news journos were right that he'd lied to us and asked to join Chelsea? The truth is that this man thinks of nothing but himself and if he came back to us (which would never happen) and then found he could get more elsewhere or thought he may have more chance of winning somerthing elsewhere then he'd be off again - loyalty? - no chance.

The truth is that this man did not merit being treated as a hero by Anfield fans - none of our previous heroes have treated us like this.

Do you also recall his displays in the last 18 months of his LFC career? - hardly any decent ones - except ironically enough V Chelsea. Yet rather than keep quiet and work on his game to try to help us out, what we got looked like lack of effort and being bothered to me. Not chasing balls, missing easy chances, not finding positions and just general rubbishness whilst accepting no responsibility for his own ineptitude being part of the problem. Good people round our club (managers, fans, coaches ...etc) turned a blind eye, made excuses for him as we had seen what he could be when he first came but that became a distant memory. Do we want this back in a red shirt? - hell no!!

The truth actually now seems to be that he is not capable of better judging by what he has done in a CFC shirt since he joined them. There he seems about 5th choice striker based on his displays and imo only gets games cos of the fee they paid!!

We as a club under Kenny are full of positive players who love our club and and would run their heart out for it, people without an ego in sight and that is vital - that is the future and it excites me. I love the way our club and players are now. Risk that? - no way!!

Yes we do need a new striker and maybe Andy may end up being ditched (altho now is far too soon - and at least with him I have no probs with his attitude) but no way on this earth should that striker be FT. Been there, done that, don't want to go back.

Great post.

Excellent post. Lets just let FT fade into mediocrity if not oblivion.

and

and

Unfortunately you do not make the decisions, nor do any of us.

I thought that when Fowler rejoined us it was a mistake as he looked like he had passed his best due to his performances at other clubs. However that was proven wrong so maybe we could again

Guest San Don
Unfortunately you do not make the decisions, nor do any of us.

I thought that when Fowler rejoined us it was a mistake as he looked like he had passed his best due to his performances at other clubs. However that was proven wrong so maybe we could again

A different manager re signed God to the one who sold him.

If Im not mistaken, the King is still here (and looks to be for some time) so its unlikely another LFC manager will sign him any time soon.

Going off the pictures and interviews the King made the morning after el sulk fucked off, Im in little doubt the King saw what he did as nothing short of a swift kick in the bollocks to this club.

There is no way on earth the King will re sign the sulky twat even if he crawled all the way from larndan to Anfield over broken glass. Just my opinion though.

He'll come good again, he'll score hatfuls again, but probably not for Chelsea. It's mental more than anything else with the lad, but Chelsea aren't designed for him, they don't make enough chances for a striker IMO, if anything they overplay, they don't hit teams on the counter and give Torres a chance to get behind a defence.

A different manager re signed God to the one who sold him.

If Im not mistaken, the King is still here (and looks to be for some time) so its unlikely another LFC manager will sign him any time soon.

Going off the pictures and interviews the King made the morning after el sulk fucked off, Im in little doubt the King saw what he did as nothing short of a swift kick in the bollocks to this club.

There is no way on earth the King will re sign the sulky twat even if he crawled all the way from larndan to Anfield over broken glass. Just my opinion though.

I think you're right there San Don. Kenny's all about restoring the clubs core values. Torres for whatever reasons only properly know to himself shit all over them with the way he conducted himself around the time of his transfer and resulting interviews etc. Can't see anyway back for him here ever IMO

I think you're right there San Don. Kenny's all about restoring the clubs core values. Torres for whatever reasons only properly know to himself shit all over them with the way he conducted himself around the time of his transfer and resulting interviews etc. Can't see anyway back for him here ever IMO

Thats the way I'd see it.

What he did was unforgivable.

I don't hate him for it like. I just think hes a fucking idiot.

Us a favour?

We got £50m for a player who had lost his way for some time. Maybe for whatever reason, he is past his best, we certainly did not sell him when he was at his best, we did sell him for a killer price.

I'd rather this whole Torres nightmare never happened and he was still with us, than receiving 50 mill only to spunk most of it on a forward who have yet to make the grade and do not fit our system.... (fingers crossed he'll come good and prove value for money, but so far I'd say he's been worth no more than 5 mill based on his performances and input so far)

Torres and Suarez would have been a perfect partnership....

I'd rather this whole Torres nightmare never happened and he was still with us, than receiving 50 mill only to spunk most of it on a forward who have yet to make the grade and do not fit our system.... (fingers crossed he'll come good and prove value for money, but so far I'd say he's been worth no more than 5 mill based on his performances and input so far)

Torres and Suarez would have been a perfect partnership....

Yep.. No winners really from the whole transfer saga except Newcastle who haven’t looked back. They banked a shed load of money and gone from strength to strength.

Torres probably wishes he was back at Anfield, Carroll probably wishes he was back at Newcastle.

Guest davelfc

I think we won, we sold a player who is worth around £12 million (if that) for £50 million. If we forget the amounts for a second we swapped sulky for Suarez and Carrol, I'd take that deal any day.

I think there we're more going on behind the scenes at the club than Torres all of a sudden dropping a bomb demanding a transfer.... His intentions had most likely been spoken and negotiations were well underway long before him demanding a transfer. That was most likely the club demanding he put one in because they wanted to have their backs covered when the fans went berserk!

He had been lied to and promised a world of good by the previous owners, and when Reina confirms this I believe him... A lot of people on here praise Reina and hate Torres, but the fact is that Reina almost did the same as Torres, but given that his career is 10 years longer as a goalkeeper he had the luxury of time..... (Also the manager who made him a star was sacked for Roy Fucking Hodgson, I'm actually surprised not more players came forward wanting to leave - although Agger probably came very close judging by his comments at the time)

Torres knows he made the wrong choice, and maybe the King see him leaving as a mutiny or an attack on the club, on the other hand perhaps he understands it a little given the shambolic state of the club over the last couple of years, only he knows...

We've had players leave us before, for far less reason than Torres (they left for other countries, which makes a hell of a difference I agree) but they're not on the same receiving end as Torres for it....

Me too hated Torres to begin with, but after some time I feel more sorry for him, and us, than I feel hate..

LFC and Torres were a match meant to be, and with Suarez we would have had the best attack in the world....

If I piss on somebody's chips by feeling robbed of this partnership, and deep down hoping it could somehow work out, I don't fucking care :wow:

Are we turning into a Chelsea bogey side? We've got 4 wins against them... out of the last four, isn't that right?

Not really. We have improved our team and their team isn't the same as it was under Mourinho.

It is very likely we will finish above them this season.

I think there we're more going on behind the scenes at the club than Torres all of a sudden dropping a bomb demanding a transfer.... His intentions had most likely been spoken and negotiations were well underway long before him demanding a transfer. That was most likely the club demanding he put one in because they wanted to have their backs covered when the fans went berserk!

He had been lied to and promised a world of good by the previous owners, and when Reina confirms this I believe him... A lot of people on here praise Reina and hate Torres, but the fact is that Reina almost did the same as Torres, but given that his career is 10 years longer as a goalkeeper he had the luxury of time..... (Also the manager who made him a star was sacked for Roy Fucking Hodgson, I'm actually surprised not more players came forward wanting to leave - although Agger probably came very close judging by his comments at the time)

Torres knows he made the wrong choice, and maybe the King see him leaving as a mutiny or an attack on the club, on the other hand perhaps he understands it a little given the shambolic state of the club over the last couple of years, only he knows...

We've had players leave us before, for far less reason than Torres (they left for other countries, which makes a hell of a difference I agree) but they're not on the same receiving end as Torres for it....

Me too hated Torres to begin with, but after some time I feel more sorry for him, and us, than I feel hate..

LFC and Torres were a match meant to be, and with Suarez we would have had the best attack in the world....

If I piss on somebody's chips by feeling robbed of this partnership, and deep down hoping it could somehow work out, I don't fucking care :wow:

Don't think anyone feels upset by what you're saying here mate. But he's gone and he has only himself to blame by the timing of his leaving.

If he'd shown the King some respect and left it until the end of the season before leaving I doubt he'd be attracting as much ire from the fans as he's now receiving. For the record I stated earlier in this thread that I do sometimes feel a bit sorry for him. But it's overweighed by the way he left.

I think we won, we sold a player who is worth around £12 million (if that) for £50 million. If we forget the amounts for a second we swapped sulky for Suarez and Carrol, I'd take that deal any day.

But that's just not true. Suarez had already been signed, so you need to take him out of the deal.

We definitely didn't win from this deal, but then again, Newcastle are the only team in a position to claim a victory.

If someone had offered Carroll + £15m for Torres (before the transfer request), you, and all of us would have been asking for which leg.

My biggest problem with the Carroll signing, is that it was purely a panic buy, with no consideration how he would fit together with Suarez/our style of football.

We were so concerned as a club, not to be seen as a selling club on the wane, we completed a massively overpriced and unnecessary transfer in order to make a statement.

We didn't need to splash that all that cash there and then, and it could have been spent much more wisely. We still need a striker.

Guest davelfc
But that's just not true. Suarez had already been signed, so you need to take him out of the deal.

You're confusing 'I think' with 'I think you should also think'

A simple error. What 'I think' doesn't always have to be what you think, ok?