You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

11 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Shit, Bairstow has just fucked off.

I switched on at the exact point the ball left the bowlers hand so looked like he’d thrown his wicket away but I guess that’s how he got the ton in the first place.  

56 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Fuckin' Crawley.

Pretty much ideal batting conditions as well, and he still couldn't build an innings. The loyalty of skipper and management is commendable, but cornermen are loyal to their fighters but also know when to throw the towel in to prevent more punishment. Back to county cricket to work on his technique, please, as every team knows how to play him.

3 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Pretty much ideal batting conditions as well, and he still couldn't build an innings. The loyalty of skipper and management is commendable, but cornermen are loyal to their fighters but also know when to throw the towel in to prevent more punishment. Back to county cricket to work on his technique, please, as every team knows how to play him.

That wicket shows just how far he's got to go in regards shot selection. He's been going after balls all summer he shouldn't have. Today he decides to start pretty much leaving everything, including one taking out his off stump. But it was better than before. 

But overall, England have got themselves in an amazing position. 

Going to win this comfortably, these travelling sides don’t seem to have an answer to our batsman on these flat tracks and a ball unfit for purpose. Doesn’t matter how good the bowlers are. South Africa have a good attack but they will get hammered here as well. Can’t see beyond a clean sweep.

It’s fun at the moment given that we’ve had to put up with collapses year after year, but not sure how I’ll feel if this carries on into next year and beyond with such an imbalance between bat and ball. Maybe I’m just being miserable.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That wicket shows just how far he's got to go in regards shot selection. He's been going after balls all summer he shouldn't have. Today he decides to start pretty much leaving everything, including one taking out his off stump. But it was better than before. 

But overall, England have got themselves in an amazing position. 

Yeah, fucking Bairstow!

Re: Crawley - yes, he's really trying but he's second-guessing himself now, Baz. I think that if the England setup really believes in him, they should get the batting coaches and a sports psychologist on him, but whilst he's back with Kent.

I know I keep banging on about Tom Haines (he's my new Ben Foakes) but he's mature enough to captain Sussex and is scoring well again this season. This being the last test until SA, I reckon they will just assume a rest will do the job and Crawley will come back strong. I doubt that, but I was wrong about fucking Bairstow, so hopefully will be again, as I like Crawley and think there's a great player in there.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Yeah, fucking Bairstow!

Re: Crawley - yes, he's really trying but he's second-guessing himself now, Baz. I think that if the England setup really believes in him, they should get the batting coaches and a sports psychologist on him, but whilst he's back with Kent.

I know I keep banging on about Tom Haines (he's my new Ben Foakes) but he's mature enough to captain Sussex and is scoring well again this season. This being the last test until SA, I reckon they will just assume a rest will do the job and Crawley will come back strong. I doubt that, but I was wrong about fucking Bairstow, so hopefully will be again, as I like Crawley and think there's a great player in there.

Bairstow is ridiculous this summer. I know it's been mostly easy to bat, but he's not even making it a competition. 

As for Crawley - I think it's all about shot selection with him for me. If he can't get that right, he'll never make it at this level. I do think though it's getting almost impossible to find test batsmen ready to come in. They play so little red ball and white ball is so profitable, you can't blame them for honing their skills in that direction. So when we do pick players at this level most of them are a real work in progress. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Gooch said:

Going to win this comfortably, these travelling sides don’t seem to have an answer to our batsman on these flat tracks and a ball unfit for purpose. Doesn’t matter how good the bowlers are. South Africa have a good attack but they will get hammered here as well. Can’t see beyond a clean sweep.

It’s fun at the moment given that we’ve had to put up with collapses year after year, but not sure how I’ll feel if this carries on into next year and beyond with such an imbalance between bat and ball. Maybe I’m just being miserable.

I'm with you. I've only done one day at the test so far this summer and it was really boring. The only real bits of fun have been the day 5 stuff and that's been like a 1 day run chase. Might as well just watch white ball cricket and have that for 5 days and not 1 in 5. 

6 hours ago, Gooch said:

It's the Bendan McCullum effect.  You'll win more than your fair share, have some big losses but not be boring.  That's the Black Craps for you.

There's no need to thank us for your Kiwi coach and Kiwi captain...

And yet every available wicket has been taken in the first 3 innings of each of the 4 Tests this season... not a single declaration.

England's 4th innings run chases have been pretty impressive.

As have Bairstow's centuries from positions of 55/6 and 85/4 in first innings.

They might just be playing some very good cricket.  

The Ashes was much more predictable and boring.

Perhaps Bumrah and Shami can throw a massive spanner in the works on the last morning to make everyone feel a bit more normal.

• Upvote 1

The chat section of cricket streams...my word.

THEY TOLD TO ME. MATCH ALREADY FIXED THEREFORE EASY CATCH ALSO WILL DROP

VIHARI AND BUMRAH BOTH MATCH FIXER

and ur mom is a slut

COME MOTHER FUCKER I HAVE PROOF

i have proof that ur mom was eating my ass

SEND YOUR MOTHER AND SISTER TO BED TO SUCK ME WELL

lol cos u get no pussy

GO AND CHECK YOUR MOTHER DEAD BODY IN YOUR HOME NOW

NO WAY TO SHE LIVE . WE DID ALL MORE THAN 10 PERSON GROUP SEX

TOO MUCH BLEEDING GO EAT

Fair enough, lads.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Any idea why Bumrah is captain? I know Rohit has covid and can't play, but they have Kohli on the pitch and, in fact, the vice captain is Pant.

Seems so odd picking Bumrah when he's never been captain of any side before and, quite evidently, doesn't have much of a clue what he's doing.

• Upvote 1