You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

So Chelsea are going to let Anelka and Torres leave in January, even though they lose Drogba for a month ?

Absolute bollocks.

Sturridge, Lukaku, Malouda, Mata and Kalou hardly leaves them short, does it? Could throw Meireles into that plus picking someone up isn't beyond a possibility.

They can play Torres every game until they sell him on the last day of the transfer window (sound familiar?). Then Drogba comes back and not much would have changed. They have virtually no competition for the next ten games after City. Man Utd not until Feb. Easy peasy.

You can't beat this place for its ability to form a rumour from a rumour and utterly rip apart the player in it. If he's identified as the lad that we want to come in and do a job for us then, I'm right behind it. If not, then I don't really care about him.

I doubt any of us on here have seen anything remotely enough to make any concrete call on his ability but there you go.

Is right, we should close down ALL forums everywhere to stop all this rumour/ speculation shit & people swapping opinions, it's just not what forums are for.

So Chelsea are going to let Anelka and Torres leave in January, even though they lose Drogba for a month ?

Absolute bollocks.

Would have to agree.

Makes little sense.

Unless they feel they have to cash in on Torres before his value dips any further and maybe they will aim to bring in another striker.

But I reckon Villas Boas will give him till the end of the season.

Gab Marcotti was saying that amortisation and wages could be a major factor in him going and reckoned Chelsea would sell at £25m in a flash and would accept less.

I like Torres as a player and think he could still get 15 goals a season but their has been too much shit happen for his comeback to be a success.

I reckon he'll be linked with us all the time, a latter day Michael Owen

I wouldn't have him back because he's just not the same player we signed, he's lost his mojo either from burnout, poor attitude or injury. He was poor for us in his last season and has been gash for Chelsea and if we are just being sentimental why not bring Ian Rush back, he would be about as useful as Torres

Guest davelfc

So if the torres story is true, (for sale) then would this mean Villa to Chelsea?

I could see torres ending up at the mancs, like a previous player that jumped ship.

Can't believe the amount of spineless saps in our ranks who would welcome Torres back. Good job Kenny isn't amongst them.

Surely it's less to do with spineless and more to do with not cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If we want a striker and Torres is available, we'd be stupid not to at least consider him for the right price. He's still got to have his mojo somewhere and if he finds it, I would rather it was for us than against us.