You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Motown/Soul/R&B/Funk

Sugar Ape

5 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

In my DJing days I was given a copy of The Temptations Lady Soul and absolutely loved it , anyway I got into the habit of making it one of the two slowys at the end of the night .

Around this time a former dj opened up a small record shop and he had a damm good selection and it would always be my first port of call if I was looking for something specific. 

I remember going in there one day and he said have you been playing Lady Soul I said yes and he replied I thought you had because the amount of people asking for it on single or album was off the scale.

Any help on how to embed on here  from YouTube would be appreciated btw 

Here you go mate.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

TJ. Find the track you want on You Tube. Press the share button, which is in the middle directly under the song. Press copy to clipboard. Come on here, find it on your clipboard and stick it on. 

Although your device may work differently to mine and someone more technical would probably explain it better.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

TJ. Find the track you want on You Tube. Press the share button, which is in the middle directly under the song. Press copy to clipboard. Come on here, find it on your clipboard and stick it on. 

Although your device may work differently to mine and someone more technical would probably explain it to you better.

Strange I tried that but it didn't work , I'll have another look at it cheers mate 

On 28/01/2023 at 01:07, Tj hooker said:

Thanks, God I miss the djing days sometimes though not the prep work before it though 

I'm the same. I stopped dj'ing in 1983. I'd got a decent job and met my Mrs so just sort of drifted away from it.

Had some brilliant times though and often think back.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I'm the same. I stopped dj'ing in 1983. I'd got a decent job and met my Mrs so just sort of drifted away from it.

Had some brilliant times though and often think back.

If you had a brilliant night the buzz I found was just fantastic I remember doing a Christmas party night the last one of the year I started the night with Jermaine Stewart we don't have too and the floor just filled up and stayed like that for the whole night whatever I played you just couldn't miss , nights like that sit in the memory long after the night has gone 

22 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

If you had a brilliant night the buzz I found was just fantastic I remember doing a Christmas party night the last one of the year I started the night with Jermaine Stewart we don't have too and the floor just filled up and stayed like that for the whole night whatever I played you just couldn't miss , nights like that sit in the memory long after the night has gone 

We'd got a booking for an engagement do at a place in St Helens called The Recency Dance Centre.

We carried the gear in and the manager told us there was nowhere for us to set it up and wanted us to use their system, so we went in to have a look.

Fuck me, it was an ancient FAL, mono, a terrible set up whereas we had a Citronic Stateline Iowa which was a bloody good deck.

To make matters worse the turntables took about 3 full spins to get up to speed which we remedied using slip mats, but when you were used to Garrard Driver 80's, it was a huge step down.

Anyway, we got by ok and everyone had a great night, we even got another couple of bookings out of it.

The best part was when a statuesque brunette wearing a mini skirt and a boob tube that kept slipping down as she was dancing, so when fun time came around, we made sure the Can Can got played.

Fit as fuck she was.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...