You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves at home match thread

fowler9

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even to an outsider, or someone who isn't familiar with football, your posts must come across as deluded bilge.

While nobody really thought that Downing was better than Young - based on any cursory examination of goals scored/ created over the last few years - Ashley Young was always going to join United.

Everyone knew he was going to, apart from the usual deluded mongs, who then immediately said Downing was better anyway. He isn't. But he's still a good winger. Obviously overpriced at £20m for a 27 year old, but anyway.

But Poborsky/ Berger?

How is that IN ANY FUCKING WAY a relevant comparison? Berger did far more for us than Pob ever did for United, regardless of trophies won, and nobody at United would consider him a successful signing.

I think i've already explained you coked up cunt

well he did help them win it in 97 whether he was a key element or not. Berger was a lovely player but while he was here a long time and helped us win league cups, a FA Cup and a UEFA Cup - he was signed as yet another final piece of the jigsaw after we went close in 96 in both league and cup but it didn't happen. Maybe Poborsky would have been a better signing, maybe he was our first choice but we had to resort to Berger because Poborsky preferred united.

I hoped we had the better deal in 96 but at the end of that season united won the league and I hoped we had the better deal getting downing instead of young but it doesn't look like it so far.

I'm mystified at the point you are trying to make.

We signed Berger who turned out to be a decent player. They signed Poborsky who turned out to quite shit and they fucked him off sharpish. Unfortunately for us they had a better side and went on to have success. Just because they won the league, it doesn't necessarily mean all their players are better than everyone else's.

This whole argument is completely ludicrous.

I'd like to see us go 433 for the game tomorrow.

...................Reina..................

Kelly......Coates....Carra.....Enrique

....Gerrard......Lucas......Adam.......

.....Bellamy.....Suarez.....Downing...

The way Kenny has been talking I don't think Gerrard will be starting. I think we may line up 442 with Kuyt instead of Gerrard. Bellamy really has to start tomorrow in some capacity either up front or on the right. If we go with Henderson again out wide we are asking for trouble.

I'd play this

Reina

Kelly Coates Carragher Enrique

Lucas Adam

Downing Gerrard Bellamy

Suarez

Think this attack will tear Wolves a new arsehole quite easily. They have very little pace at the back and we can have a real go at them with fast link up play and creativity.

The likes of Roger Johnson would love Carroll to play this game.

This for me, but doubt Gerrard will get on before 60.

----------------------------------Reina--------------------------------

Kelly-----------------Carragher---------Skrtel----------------Enrique

Kuyt-------------------Lucas--------------Adam-----------------Maxi

-------------------------Suarez---------Bellamy----------------------

fed up with downing. while his mate is playing out of his skin for the that shower up the road downing has done fuck all for us so far. I thought we had the better player to be honest but looks like we got patrik berger instead of karel poborsky again. Carroll just isn't taking up the right positions for a centre forward. Just watched the spurs game and at one stage (when we still had 11 men I think) he moved out to the edge of the box looking the ball from enrique who was in enough space to get a cross in, puts the cross in and there's no one there. Suarez and Bellamy can destroy wolves and bring on carroll later on to give them a pounding. I don't expect this to be the team because kenny clearly loves henderson and I don't think he's done too badly considering no one knew what to expect but I think this team gives us plenty of attacking options and the chance to play some quick fire football.

You're a retard and that midfield is shit. regards xx

You're a retard and that midfield is shit. regards xx

Originally Posted by Dracco

-----------Reina------------

----Kelly-----Carragher-----Skrtel-----Enrique

Kuyt-------Lucas--------Adam-------Downing

------Bellamy---------Suarez

That is what I would start, maybe would go as far as Puuting Coates instead of Carra.

Kenny will play the same defence, start Henderson instead of Kuyt and maybe even Carroll instead of Bellamy.

No.

Coates instead of that massive liability Skrtel. Not Carragher.

This is your reply to Dracco's post. You've got the same midfield except downing for maxi.

so the the inclusion of maxi for the under performing Downing makes mine a shit midfield?

I think it's you that is the retard, retard.

I've got to say I'll be totallt mystified if Kenny starts with Henderson after the shite he's turned in over the past weeks and the visible improvement without him the other night. Likewise, Adam and Skrtel really let us down last week and I wouldn't have them anywere near the starting XI preferably, although I suppose needs must and all that. I'd be happier seeing Coates continuing than Skrtel returning though, but I understand the options are pretty limited in CM if Stevie still isn't ready to start. Henderson wouldn't be starting after the performance Bellamy put in the other night, no fucking way.

It would appear that Henderson cannot (at least yet) play wide. As we've seen over the years, Kuyt cannot play wide right either. Midfield for today should be downing, Adam, lucas, maxi. Bellamy and Suarez upfront. Lots of movement and fluidity in there. At least one wolves red card. Another 20 minutes for stevie coming on for Adam when we're 2-0 up.

Really looking forward to this.

unbelievable if adam and henderson are starting.

kenny has lost it now

This perfectly Illustrates the modern football fan. Joins in March with a username of The King, and then 6 months later (5 games into a season) and apparently, the inspiration behind the username has now actually lost it.

The King has indeed lost it, but i'm not sure we agree on which king it is.

This perfectly Illustrates the modern football fan. Joins in March with a username of The King, and then 6 months later (5 games into a season) and apparently, the inspiration behind the username has now actually lost it.

The King has indeed lost it, but i'm not sure we agree on which king it is.

Spot on.

I debate on another forum where i picked my team as

Pepe

Kelly Skrtel Carra Enrique

Kuyt Stevie Lucas Adam Downing

Suarez

so I guess I must stand by that - Skrtel is OK at CB, it was playing at RB - which he should never do again - which made him look so bad altho i do agree there is always an element of liability with him partic in relation to pulling in the box and giving pens away or commiting obvious fouls in dangerous positions.

If Stevie cannot do 90 then Bellamy in - tbh maybe Craig should be in anyway with the way he played on Wed - if not for SG them maybe for Adam who imo has not quite shown his Blackpool form yet.

My only clear disagreement with KKs starting elevens is his tendency to pick Hendo - he has done Ok and I think in time will make a player but for now I would not pick him - and I hope KK does not this afternoon - but if he does we get behind them all as for sure Hendo is a good lad with a good attitude who can play