You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PublicEnemyItTakesaNationofMillionstoHoldUsBack.jpg

It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back - Public Enemy.

My favourite album and also the best album ever made with so many fucking unbelievable tracks on it, awesome lyrics, career-best rapping from Chuck and Flav, and production from The Bomb Squad that could melt lead.

All this and also "Rebel Without A Pause".

I've been listening to it since 1989 and it just gets better and better and better.

I’ve no idea if the album you mention is any good as I’ve not heard a whole lot of Tom Waits, but have enjoyed what I have heard. My brother loves him though. But can I just say that that is a totally wank sentence that just makes no sense in real terms, but is no doubt designed to come across in the same way as those bow-tied fuckwits warbling on about fuck-all on some book/film TV show as the espouse the vagaries of Ken Loach or Andrei fucking Tarkovsky . It is as bad as the “What’s your favourite movie thread” which is always infected by some pillock rabbiting on about some utterly pathetic art-house bullshit which some 1st year art-student twat tells us is great when anyone with an ounce of sense knows it’s complete and utter horseshite and just because it’s shot in black and white but the soiled bed sheet is always in colour doesn’t make it a fucking masterpiece. “The film is great because it is so complex, yet so simple” - Fuck off. Put on Conair and stop fucking bothering me.

Oh, and best album is all about opinions. If Simon thinks that Mumford and Sons (an album I also think is very good) is the best album ever, then it is. Because it is to him.

My favourite album ever is Appetite for Destruction. An album that was a massive commercial success so the arty-farty fuckwits will no doubt hate it. But I think it’s fucking outstanding, so therefore it is, because that’s my opinion.

1. His highest creative peak and lowest emotional time.

2. He's not a traditional singer, hence played like a broken instrument, and his voice conveys emotion like none other, in a way that none other could.

3. Appetite was the first album I ever bought , and I still love it to this day.

4. Go fuck yourself. If you only want to see the end of your own nose so be it, don't complain when some people look further.

1. His highest creative peak an lowest emotional time.

2. He's not a traditional singer, hence played like a broken instrument, and his voice conveys emotion like none other, in a way that none other could.

3. Appetite was the first album I ever bought , and I still love it to this day.

4. Go fuck yourself. If you only want to see the end of your own nose so be it, don't complain when some people look further.

1. Gay

2. Gay

3. Fair enough.

4. Gay

I’ve no idea if the album you mention is any good as I’ve not heard a whole lot of Tom Waits, but have enjoyed what I have heard. My brother loves him though. But can I just say that that is a totally wank sentence that just makes no sense in real terms, but is no doubt designed to come across in the same way as those bow-tied fuckwits warbling on about fuck-all on some book/film TV show as the espouse the vagaries of Ken Loach or Andrei fucking Tarkovsky . It is as bad as the “What’s your favourite movie thread” which is always infected by some pillock rabbiting on about some utterly pathetic art-house bullshit which some 1st year art-student twat tells us is great when anyone with an ounce of sense knows it’s complete and utter horseshite and just because it’s shot in black and white but the soiled bed sheet is always in colour doesn’t make it a fucking masterpiece. “The film is great because it is so complex, yet so simple” - Fuck off. Put on Conair and stop fucking bothering me.

Oh, and best album is all about opinions. If Simon thinks that Mumford and Sons (an album I also think is very good) is the best album ever, then it is. Because it is to him.

My favourite album ever is Appetite for Destruction. An album that was a massive commercial success so the arty-farty fuckwits will no doubt hate it. But I think it’s fucking outstanding, so therefore it is, because that’s my opinion.

There's no shame in being a person with limited scope, mass-market tastes and average intellect.

1. I don't like it when I'm asked to think about anything outside my comfort zone.

2. This doesn't sound like over produce tripe to appeal to mass market sensibilities, ergo it's shit and offends my pedestrian tastes.

3. Fair enough.

4. I'm quite happy with my dull and insipid existence......Pass me the new Coldplay long player, I could do with a pick me up.

Hope you don't mind me editing your post to reflect it's true nature?

No Sergeant Pepper yet?

Thriller,

Legend Bob Marley

Joshua Tree

You know what.... I've just read the whole thread thinking what the fuck are theses artists everyone posting,? i need a education in music (must be to far behind the times)

THEN, you post stuff i know.... other than Fleetwood mac :yes:

but yes... your select is cool;What about War of the Worlds? Anyone!!

PublicEnemyItTakesaNationofMillionstoHoldUsBack.jpg

It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back - Public Enemy.

My favourite album and also the best album ever made with so many fucking unbelievable tracks on it, awesome lyrics, career-best rapping from Chuck and Flav, and production from The Bomb Squad that could melt lead.

All this and also "Rebel Without A Pause".

I've been listening to it since 1989 and it just gets better and better and better.

It made number 2 in the TK-421 all time top ten.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/100869-top-ten-lps.html