You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

London looking like Mogadishu...

Salou

Was he guilty?

Is running away the same as blowing yourelf up?

He was innocent and he was shot. And (as you have just proven) people like you condoned it because of event that had preceded it.

But it is okay that an innocent man was shot, because two weeks before the capital got bombed! Pathetic logic.

Mark Duggan was...of at least carrying a firearm if nothing else

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't. He walked onto a train and sat down normally. He was shot because the police/intelligence services failed to identify him properly. And then lied about it.

You missed the bit about where they lied about him vaulting the barrier and then shouting warnings on the train. All of which was shown up to be lies at the inquest by tube staff and people on the train.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yeah, I know that. It's also the Tories' fault that there were more people in poverty at the end of Labour's time in office than at the beginning, and the Tories' fault that youth unemployment rose from 13% to 18% under Labour.

Clearly this obfuscates the real issue, which is that it's all the Lib Dems' fault really.

More cursory bollocks. Your knowledge runs as deep as a puddle.

That isn't the point though George, the fact that he is dead is in itself irrelevant, it is the fact that he was shot twice in the head (admitedly from a scan of the papers).

He is clearly a cunt, but as hard as it seems. Law and society is there for our benefit, and as frustrating as it may seem, refusing to accept this behaviour from our police will ensure that they don't behave that way to someone who isn't carrying a gun, someone who isn't a criminal.

Menez was shot because of a climate of fear and the notion that so long as we are protected anything goes.

There will always be grey areas but seeing as he was a known criminal and drug seller i'd rather they react first than potentially wait for any consequences. As far as i'm concerned any citizen who carrys a firearm or knife puts there own life in danger. The police can be utter cunts at times with silly fines and stupid rules but when it comes to serious offences like these I say give them as much support/backing as possible.

I'll be fucked if I'm signing up to a revolution started by illiterate cunts in White tracksuits.

I wonder what utopia will be in store for us.

Just admit it Dennis, it's lame.

No, the world isn't fair and it never will, it's called greed and unfortunately it's hardwired into us all, masked as survival instincts.

If you can take more then invariably you will.

You want a cause Dennis, then make it against politicians and the misuse of the treasury by funding wars and other such shite.

There's more than enough money to go around, it just needs dislodging from the paws of the elite.

Your a fool thats whats going to happen. Its like we won the FA cup and you point out but it was only by scoring a shit goal in a goalmouth scramble.

This all shines a remarkable, and in many ways wonderful light, on just what a sick culture we've become from top to bottom. I wonder what the people of Japan who stood silently queuing for water in the aftermath of the Tsunami would make of it?

When you build your culture around personal gain and the individual - this is what you get.

Word.

It was very instructive walking down Wood Green High Road this morning - shops had been looted very selectively. All of the large chain mobile shops had been looted - clearly a result of advertising and product placement that has been so sensationally successful that people will go through plate glass and grilles to get them. None of the small Asian businesses selling mobiles had been touched because they were wise enough to invest in decent shutters for their shops. Designer clothes shops were trashed but Primark untouched. Sports wear and trainers shops all trashed, deeply uncool Clarks untouched. The Wood Green Festival of Consumerism proved a riproaring success - HMV shifted more product than they have in years.

There is so much that is so wrong in some of these areas that its difficult to know where to start - its amazing its taken so long for this to happen. Cameron and Co were certainly right about Broken Britain - its absolutely fucked in places.

These kids have no chance from the start and I am not surprised it is happening. Some of these areas are horrific, I have lived in a few of them and the kids have no chance.

Get job/s, work hard, save money, move out. You know like what a lot of other people have done. Amazing how a lot of immigrants come over here and do exactly as I mentioned and better them selves.

Yeah, I know that. It's also the Tories' fault that there were more people in poverty at the end of Labour's time in office than at the beginning, and the Tories' fault that youth unemployment rose from 13% to 18% under Labour.

Clearly this obfuscates the real issue, which is that it's all the Lib Dems' fault really.

Yep, the rot started with Gladstone

More cursory bollocks. Your knowledge runs as deep as a puddle.

What did I write that wasn't true? You don't think a massive rise in both poverty and youth unemployment is a major contributory factor to the kind of scenes we've seen over the past few days?

He only looks at the small snippets of info that fit his view.

Yes, small snippets of info, like "the facts".

There will always be grey areas but seeing as he was a known criminal and drug seller i'd rather they react first than potentially wait for any consequences. As far as i'm concerned any citizen who carrys a firearm or knife puts there own life in danger. The police can be utter cunts at times with silly fines and stupid rules but when it comes to serious offences like these I say give them as much support/backing as possible.

As much as I can see your points, and I would be lying if I didn't think you are right in some circumstances, I would have to disagree. I don't trust the police to do the right thing.

No chance. You keep apologising for these scumbags and I'll keep on putting you straight.

You're not putting me 'straight' you fool!

You are just confirming the preceding belief that you are a bit of a biggoted idiot.

Somewhere tomorrow morning there is a white van and a bacon sarnie, with a copy of the Star just waiting for your self righteous arse to plonk itself down.

The only way you could ever put me straight was if me and you where the only two gay men left alive.