You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't usually post stuff like this...

Carradona

...but this story made me feel sad.

Elliot Wild: YNWA - Liverpool FC

Elliot Wild, the little boy who captured the hearts of thousands of Liverpool fans after making an appeal for a stem cell match on LFC TV, has died aged nine.

The young Kopite from the Wirral, who was once on the books of Everton's football development programme and would wear his Liverpool shirt to training, lost his brave battle against leukaemia last night.

He passed away surrounded by his family at Claire House, a hospice for children on the Wirral.

Back in October 2010, Elliot came into the LFC TV studio with his mother to appeal for supporters to register with the Anthony Nolan charity in the hope that one fan may prove a match for the youngster and help save his life.

The event, at Higher Bebington Junior School, drew over 900 fans - including Liverpool FC goalkeeper Brad Jones - but unfortunately none of them proved a match.

A second event took place in Mosley Hill, Liverpool, but again, no match was found.

Despite the setbacks, Elliot fought on and even managed to star in his own LFC TV show at Christmas, putting his own questions to Pepe Reina during a special edition of 'SmallTalk'.

Elliot's final game at Anfield was as a guest of the Club for the recent match against Manchester United when he visited the Players' Lounge after the match to congratulate his heroes.

The thoughts of all the staff at Liverpool Football Club are with Elliot's family and friends. He never walked alone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very sad story. At least the last game he attended was a victory for us. Rest In Peace little fella.

My niece is in his class at school and hasn't stopped crying for two days. We didn't want to let our kids go to sleep last night. Just horrible - how can parents cope with something like this? Some idiot at work trotted out the "he's with god now" line today and I had to walk away or I would have lost it. I swear if I ever get rich Claire House is going to see a chunk of it.

...but this story made me feel sad.

Elliot Wild: YNWA - Liverpool FC

The young Kopite from the Wirral, who was once on the books of Everton's football development programme and would wear his Liverpool shirt to training, lost his brave battle against leukaemia last night.

Yeah I remember hearing about Elliot. Terrible news, my thoughts are with his family.

Edit:

Back in October 2010, Elliot came into the LFC TV studio with his mother to appeal for supporters to register with the Anthony Nolan charity in the hope that one fan may prove a match for the youngster and help save his life.

The event, at Higher Bebington Junior School, drew over 900 fans - including Liverpool FC goalkeeper Brad Jones - but unfortunately none of them proved a match.

Not really a thread for football but I've been critical of Jones and his signing, so I think I should say fair play to him there.