You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Adidas sponsorship deal

StevieH

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From April 2010

The News of the World reported that Liverpool are set to agree a whopping £150 million deal with Adidas for the manufacturing of the Reds’ shirts for 10 years. The present deal with Adidas has two years left until expiry, but it seems that negotiations are currently undergoing to agree a new deal before the current deal nears expiry. Presently, Liverpool receive an annual sum of £12 million, and supply Liverpool with all the necessary playing kits and training wear. With the new deal, Liverpool will be trying to rival their arch-rivals Manchester United’s deal with Nike. Manchester United’s current deal with Nike that was signed in November 2000 will run until 2013, and is worth a record-breaking £300 million, also encompassing the entire merchandising rights.

The current sponsorship deal was during Rick Parry's time and commenced July 2006.

Reds confirm adidas deal - Liverpool FC

Liverpool Football Club and adidas have confirmed a new sponsorship deal which comes into effect from July 2006. Under the terms of the agreement, adidas will become the Official Sportswear Supplier to the Club.

The partnership is a natural alliance between the number one football brand and the current UEFA Champions League winners, and will see Liverpool FC provided with the latest, most advanced sportswear.

Liverpool joins an exclusive list of Clubs who benefit from adidas' expertise including Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Olympic Marseille and the recently signed Chelsea FC (season 2006/7).

Rick Parry, Chief Executive, Liverpool Football Club, said: "We had a very successful partnership with adidas in the 1980's and are delighted to be teaming up with them again. adidas has a fantastic football heritage and we know that we will work well together. We are looking forward to producing a range of products that the fans will be proud to wear."

Erich Stamminger, President and CEO of the adidas brand, added: "adidas has a long tradition of working with the top football clubs globally, and Liverpool has always been one of the World's leading teams. Most fans will know our previous proud heritage with the Club and that we have delivered some of their most iconic shirts to date. We are delighted to have the opportunity to reignite this relationship and build a long and dynamic partnership going forward."

A club with a worldwide fan base should be looking to attract a sponsorship deal greater than £12m per season.

I think there's a percentage of sales also, i read somewhere the 2008-2010 home kit was adidas biggest ever selling club jersey.

We should certinly be looking to clear £20m minimum a year

I think there's a percentage of sales also, i read somewhere the 2008-2010 home kit was adidas biggest ever selling club jersey.

We should certinly be looking to clear £20m minimum a year

Absolute madness.

Also, how comes JD Sports can sell Adidas Originals LFC products but the club cannot?

18508b?scl=1}

18518b?scl=1}

JD Sports - Adidas Originals Liverpool F.C. Retro Jersey

JD Sports - Adidas Originals Liverpool F.C. Track Top

We were rumoured with a 150 million pound deal under Gillet and Hicks.

With NESV's contacts, we may get a much better deal than what we currently have tbh. We may even shift to Nike, who sponsor Boston Redsox, if the money is right. Even though Liverpool sells the most Jerseys in the isles, it still falls behind the likes of United and Chelsea abroad. Adidas promotes the Chelsea kit more than the Liverpool kit in Asia and the US.

We were rumoured with a 150 million pound deal under Gillet and Hicks.

With NESV's contacts, we may get a much better deal than what we currently have tbh. We may even shift to Nike, who sponsor Boston Redsox, if the money is right. Even though Liverpool sells the most Jerseys in the isles, it still falls behind the likes of United and Chelsea abroad. Adidas promotes the Chelsea kit more than the Liverpool kit in Asia and the US.

Chelsea do not sell more shirts than LFC worldwide. There was a report recently that confirmed that LFC sold more shirts than Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Manchester United and Liverpool sell more official replica football shirts, for Nike and Adidas respectively, than any other teams in the English Premier League, and both are at or close to the top of the global merchandise sales tables according to multi-year research by a leading German consultancy, released to sportingintelligence for publication for the first time today.

EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United lead global shirt sales; Liverpool in chasing pack « Sporting Intelligence

Chelsea do not sell more shirts than LFC worldwide. There was a report recently that confirmed that LFC sold more shirts than Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Maybe, but in my experience, when I went into a Adidas store in Asia and asked for a Liverpool jersey they showed me a Chelsea shirt. :wallbutt:

Liverpool should be in Adidas originals exclusively.

It's largely thanks to us in the 80's that they have the market share that they do.

I would love to see us switch from Adidas tbh. Hate the stripes! The adidas design looks nice when retro and vintage, but the current design with the stripes are butt ugly. Would rather have Puma, Nike, Lotto or whatever.

Maybe, but in my experience, when I went into a Adidas store in Asia and asked for a Liverpool jersey they showed me a Chelsea shirt. :wallbutt:

That is probably because our shirts have sold out and Chelsea shirts remain unsold on the pegs.

When it comes to global support Chelsea don't come anywhere near Liverpool Football Club.

Were not in a strong position to dictate terms today. I would guess the new deal or whatever it was was based on our previous strong performances in Europe. When does the current deal run until? We could do with balancing the length of contract against our ability to switch kit makers for a better deal.

I would love to see us switch from Adidas tbh. Hate the stripes! The adidas design looks nice when retro and vintage, but the current design with the stripes are butt ugly. Would rather have Puma, Nike, Lotto or whatever.

Seriously? I think Adidas produce some very good football shirts and the 3 adidas stripes make it look like a Liverpool shirt. I wasn't impressed with Reebok as a kit manufacturer.

Were not in a strong position to dictate terms today. I would guess the new deal or whatever it was was based on our previous strong performances in Europe. When does the current deal run until? We could do with balancing the length of contract against our ability to switch kit makers for a better deal.

We may be going through a transitional stage on the pitch, but off the field we still have a huge global support and that alone should be sufficient enough to command a significantly improved kit sponsorship deal particularly when you consider that us and United sell the most shirts worldwide.

The official website claims that we have over 133 million supporters worldwide.

Why Liverpool FC - Liverpool FC

I should neg you. Adidas is ace. I will mull a possible neg over lunch.

This is fucking insanity! Nike over Adidas? What kind of fucking cunt wears Nike?

Adidas are ACE