You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Forums.

Captain Turdseye

A mate of mine asked me a question that got me thinking. So im going to ask you lot the same question...

Have you ever met/seen a Chelsea fan that isnt a first class prat? ... After a few minutes of going through all the CFC fans i have met, my answer was, nope.

A very close friend of mine is a proper Chelsea fan. He was brought up supporting them and went to the games regularly when he still lived in London. Goes down there for business quite often and coincides the trip with a match where possible. He followed them before the investment and would still support them just as much if they hadn't had it.

He is a top class guy and loves the game. (I recognise he may be the exception to the rule raised in this thread!)

The absolute idiots that frequent their forums and indeed the plastic fake fans who only arrived with the roubles are of course, not a complete representation of the fanbase. Nor are they an accurate protrayal of human beings.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have a read of this glorious piece of top drawer text, from earlier in the week from CFC Net:

What a week! Really this week had all the comedy and drama of watching a Greek play. And I don’t mean an Ancient Greek play with unities and crap like that, I mean watching a Greek like Kyrgiakos play. Yup, that would have been a better joke if I’d actually had anything to say about Kyrgiakos, but that’s not the point, the point is this has been a crazy week.

First of all, let’s knock this whole Andy Gray thing on the head. Andy’s not a nasty man. He’s Andy Gray. He’s in an idiot, sure, but he’s not nasty. So what if he said something sexist? Who cares? This isn’t the 1950s. This is the 21st Century. These days everybody knows there’s no innate difference in the intelligence of men and women. Just like we all know the moon isn’t made of Le Roulé, or that they don’t stand on their heads in Australia. Nowadays it’s a given. You don’t have to go overboard if one numpty says something to the contrary. If they want to think that, then let them be an idiot. Why not? But sacking them for it is a bit rich. If Sky want to sack Andy Gray for being an idiot they should really ask themselves why they were paying him £1.3m in the first place. £1.3m for saying “Did he mean it? Ah don’t know.” Who’s the idiot there? And anyway, who isn’t an idiot in football punditry? Clive Tyldesley? Mark Lawrenson? They’re all idiots in their own way, but let’s not sack them for it. Poor old Andy Gray. I for one am going to miss him. I’m going to miss his unique take on the English language, the fogginess with which he offers his insight and most of all I’m going to miss his unanswered questions placed in the minds of footballers. In his world if no one else’s, footballers think a lot. Andy Gray, take a bow son. Good riddance to Richard Keys though, he’s a twat.

So anyway, on to the business end of things: £76m in one evening? BOOM! We’ve all had blowouts, I remember once when I went to chicken cottage and got the whole family box, just for me. But £76m? That’s serious spending. Honestly, Brewster’s Millions would be a cinch these days. And yet what are people saying? As usual they’re casting doubts… Is it the right move? Is Fernando Torres going to have the right mentality? Is he perhaps too much of an injury liability at £50m? And what about David Luiz? 26m on a centre back who is untested in the Premier League is punchy isn’t it? And you know what I say? Who cares? The important thing is that £76m means one thing: Roman Abramovich is looking after the future of the club.

There had been voices whispering that Chelsea was a spent force. We knew we had an aging side and we knew we would need to bolster it at some stage. In the midst of this Roman had his dream of a Barcelona style academy with its own stream of awesome youth players coming through the ranks. But we all knew deep down that cash was going to have to be spent to give them the best chance of success. We all knew that with Manchester City amassing such a wealth of attacking talent that something was going to have to be done. Even Barcelona spent 40m Euros on David Villa. Deep down, we all knew that if we wanted ice in our Baileys and the lift was broken then Marcus Tandy was going to have to break sweat. And what happens? You want ice? You got ice. Booya!

The last night of the transfer window was pivotal for Chelsea’s future, and it couldn’t have ended in a more emphatic way. Chelsea FC are still the champions and it’s going to take something special to keep us out of the picture.

On a lighter note I think it is quietly astonishing that anyone paid £35m for Andy Carroll. I mean, sure, he’s got potential, but £35m? What were they thinking? And what about Dirky Kuyt? How do you think that makes him feel? In future, in order to avoid the brouhaha over bankers’ bonuses, they should just announce the sums in portions of Andy Carroll. It doesn’t sound so bad when you hear Bob Diamond is getting Andy Carroll’s sideburns at the end of the year, does it?

I know it's wrong to gloat but some of the posts on CFC net are priceless:

Can't see anything other than a Chelsea win. Liverpool are a **** team and have no star players.

They had a very good forward but now they don't even have that. Chelsea have better players in each and every position and have a better Coach as well. I would be surprised if Liverpool score a goal. They will be spending a lot of time defending but when you have three forwads like Torres, Drogba and Anelka, it is pretty much useless.

Chelsea to win 4-0.

On top of that Liverpools tactic were an absolute disgrace. Every time one of our players had the ball there were literally 3 or 4 players around him. Shocking.

Ref! They're playing football at us ref! It's just not on. What a facking liability!

A mate of mine asked me a question that got me thinking. So im going to ask you lot the same question...

Have you ever met/seen a Chelsea fan that isnt a first class prat? ... After a few minutes of going through all the CFC fans i have met, my answer was, nope.

I my lasses father is one ,and a piss head who is deluded ,only hear from him when they win.Funny i never heard anything yesterday

yes, my nextdoor neighbour is a cockney who moved up here about 20 years ago, still got the strong accent which means its hard to understand him at times but he's always been a chelsea supporter.

remember when I was a kid asking him when he moved in who he supported and me saying, Chelsea? there crap :)

I see him a lot and have lots of good humoured banter, he'll watch Chelsea games in the local, he's a top bloke who id do anything for.

I left a Liverpool pennant on his front door last night, havent seen him yet tho :)

the neighbour on the other side on the other hand is a bitter blue nose, hear him cheer and shout Yes whenever Liverpool have just had a goal against, horrible cunt who I wouldnt speak too, not just because of footy aswel.

On top of that Liverpools tactic were an absolute disgrace. Every time one of our players had the ball there were literally 3 or 4 players around him. Shocking.

Ever since I first saw that quote I've been pissing myself laughing at it.

First goal wins I reckon.

We need to up the intensity of the game immediately and stop strolling about.

Neither team played well although we are so so so lucky that they hit the bar when it was easier to score.

Yet again we look like a team with no game plan or forethought put into how to win the game as summed up by the Drogba free kick - what was that apart from an embarrasment?

Blimey guys they are supposed to be our bitterest rivals and we are strolling about like we're asleep.

Since when, like?

Your wish..Linkage

Funniest shit on there are all the Torres comments - three years calling him a tranny, a fag and Christ only knows what else then as soon as they sign him it's a fucking noshfest and he's apparently a "blue Messiah". Fucking hilarious.

Oh and this plum:

All I'm upset about is all the US based stores have sold out of Torres 9 shirts in my size. Now I can't get one by Sunday so I can poke fun at the Scouse supporters.

Probably for the best eh lad?

"Who in the Liverpool line up can actually hurt Chelsea? No one. Most of their players wouldn't even make the squad let alone the Chelsea first team. They are not even as good as Spurs or even Sunderland so Chelsea don't need to fear/respect them."

Congrats "Milanos" in a zoo of fuckwitts, you take the monkey tyre. Swing well though because "budgeezer" is hot on your heels.

I know a family of one though I mostly interact with the younger brother. Those who have me on facebook might have seen this but I'd been posting loads of stuff after the win, he commented on the video of Aldo celebrating with 'hidden you from my news feed now' and 'Worst day of my life. Went to the pub wearing a torres shirt, got abused then and when I walked home'. I told him he'd NOW officially made my week.