You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

Guest San Don
Is it possible to add a 3rd tier to the Centenary stand, or would we need to demolish and rebuild a stand that was less steep ?

Again there will be right of light issues due to the proximity of the stand in relation to adjoining roads.

pic_projects5.gif

anfield_aerial_view.jpg

Extra rows can be added to most stands. Its just a question of practicallity. The Centenary has occupied houses behind it so there will definitely be planning objections.

Then you have to consider how many extra rows can be accommodated. I reckon an extra 10 at most even without planning objections. That will only add another 2500 seats but at what cost?

No, the club wont look to develop either the Centenary or the Kop in either a phase one or two development. They would be the last stands to be redeveloped as they are both recently built.

The stands to be developed first will be Anny Road then the Main stand. In that order.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the Kop could be levelled off so that there are extra blocks ie 302, 303 etc. This would add about 2,500 - 3,000 to capacity and could be done in the close season. The view from the back isn't brilliant, but is acceptable and of course the atmosphere is better up there.

All other clubs are looking at building new stadia...Chelsea..Spurs...West Ham...etc..to provide world class facilites and we redevelope existing ageing stands. On top of going through planning permission again etc. Whislt we could have started on stanley park site tomorrow.

They have done really well NESV but really do not have the money behind them.

All other clubs are looking at building new stadia...Chelsea..Spurs...West Ham...etc..to provide world class facilites and we redevelope existing ageing stands. On top of going through planning permission again etc. Whislt we could have started on stanley park site tomorrow.

Thats nonsense, the club will rightly be paying for a stadium upgrade or new ground so how deep their pockets are on that score dont really matter.

How on earth you've got they're skint from us upgrading our ground is bizarre.

Chelsea looking to build a new stadium? If they move from Stamford Bridge, they'd have to forfeit the name Chelsea FC. I really don't think they have much room for expansion at the current site, what with only one real access point on Fulham Road.

Satmann... I think the redevelopment will go farther than wacking on a few extra seats.

I'd expect the site to be, essentially, completely overhauled.

Would be interesting if they created a whole new facade for the ground.

I want a new stadium, but I'm certainly excited to see what they've got in store for us.

Apologies for not reading all the other posts if I am going over old ground here. But I'm struggling to see how we could add 20,000 to the capacity by adding a tier to the Anfield Road and Kemlyn Road, even if we do totally rebuild the Main Stand. Its not possible is it??

Guest San Don

West Ham and Spurs battled over the Olympic Stadium. West Ham are prepared to keep the running track so fans will have a shit view in 'exchange' for effectively being given a white elephant.

Spurs may still redevelop WHL so its not certain they'll build a new stadium

Chelshit keep going on about a new stadium but one site they could move to Earls Court is going to be turned into housing. White City is now their only 'new build' option.

Only the Main Stand is out of date. Even the Anny Road was rebuilt 2 times, once in the 60's and again when they put the new tier on.

Guest San Don
Apologies for not reading all the other posts if I am going over old ground here. But I'm struggling to see how we could add 20,000 to the capacity by adding a tier to the Anfield Road and Kemlyn Road, even if we do totally rebuild the Main Stand. Its not possible is it??

The Main Stand could be rebuilt as a 20,000 seater ie approx 8000 more than now. A rebuilt Anny Road back to the park boundary could add another 10,000 seats to the existing capacity.

Complimentary builds of the Main and Anny road by filling in the corners could add about 1500 to 2000 more seats.

That's 20,000 right there without adding anything on to the Centenary.

The Main Stand could be rebuilt as a 20,000 seater ie approx 8000 more than now. A rebuilt Anny Road back to the park boundary could add another 10,000 seats to the existing capacity.

Complimentary builds of the Main and Anny road by filling in the corners could add about 1500 to 2000 more seats.

That's 20,000 right there without adding anything on to the Centenary.

Our own St James Park then as described by StevieH above.

Am I the only one that thinks redeveloping Anfield is incredibly shortsighted?

It would take years with planning permission, and mean a capacity of 60,000 at most.

The main reason the scum overtook us, was down to not looking at the bigger picture, and I can't help but think we are making the same mistake again.

We should be looking to build the biggest, best stadium possible. If we really want to become the top team in the country again we should start as we mean to go on.

It would take years with planning permission, and mean a capacity of 60,000 at most.

The main reason the scum overtook us, was down to not looking at the bigger picture, and I can't help but think we are making the same mistake again.

We should be looking to build the biggest, best stadium possible. If we really want to become the top team in the country again we should start as we mean to go on.

No, I said roughly the exact same thing about 10 pages back.

I have always hated the thought of moving away, even if it is only a stones throw. Probably set in my ways but I just feel part of the club would go and we have lost enough of that as it is.

I said to a mate last match that I was certain we would stay and redevelop and it is the way we will go. Anfield is well Anfield and should never be moved. I have tried to get my head around moving but sorry I cannot, we should and will stay were we are.

Depends really doesn't it? I'm sure the owners will have done their sums on how many seats they would want, and the most cost effective way of doing it.

How long would it take to knock down the Anny Road, and build a new stand? A year? Less?

When Fenway was redeveloped. The capacity hardly increased. So we may only get a 50-55k stadium.

It's a waste of time and money if that's the case.

I was saying what Arl Arse/someone else said above... I think a new stadia, the biggest, and best in the country would be the way to go.

I don't think we'll have a problem at all.

Lance you'd be surprised, people just don't have the disposable income anymore to spare £45 and Ale and travel money as freely available as they used to, that's why I hope the majority of new capacity is in form of season tickets, as that way it's guaranteed income. There's been a few sub 40,000 attendances on last year, I know the team playing shit hasn't helped

Lance you'd be surprised, people just don't have the disposable income anymore to spare £45 and Ale and travel money as freely available as they used to, that's why I hope the majority of new capacity is in form of season tickets, as that way it's guaranteed income. There's been a few sub 40,000 attendances on last year, I know the team playing shit hasn't helped

Judging by the Red Sox, it seems like these owners tend to view Season Tickets as essential. I would imagine a LOT of the new seats will be offered as season tickets.

The old yanks wanted a lot of OOT's taking a trip down to the ground.

And the most likely to be unfilled is going to be the midweek, non-european matches... as per usual.

I just know how difficult it was for me to get tickets, despite knowing a lot of people who can hook up tickets.