You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shit films you've switched off after half an hour.

Lurtz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hovering over the neg button here. I watched Moon last night and gave it a solid 8 out of 10. Fantastic, thought provoking film.

Well you had Tropic Thunder, which I thought was pretty amusing, and also contained one of the best comic performances in recent years with Downey Jr's blacked up Russell Crowe impression.

It was worth a watch for that alone.

I don't tend to rent shit movies but two I've switched off in the last couple of years were:

1) Defiance (Daniel Craig), shit accents and a really slow and dull story

2) Coraline. I didn't like the animation style (although I usually love stop motion).

It's piss easy. Me and the missus check the rating on imdb. Its actually quite accurate. It's never gonna be 100% though

Most recent one was Repo Men. I don't know why I rented it, I fucking hate Jude Law at the best of times. I hate him even more when he's doing a shit Vinny Jones impression like in this film.

Whoever mentioned the Clash of the Titans remake made the right choice in switching it off early. I watched the whole thing, willing it to get good. It doesn't. The original slams the head of the remake repeatedly in the fridge door.

Tropic fucking Thunder

The Boondock Saints

The road. Boring as fuck.

Life Aquatic

Sin City - can't believe some adults liked that shite.

the last one was Moon, its meant to be good but id had enough after about 40-50 mins

Lost In Translation

*Shakes head*

Those are all great films. I can see why people might not like them, but I can't see why someone would turn any of them off half way through.

no, just thought it was rubbish and nearly as boring as Syriana and the Informant

i would of walked out on The Wolfman but i was with other people, even worse than Moon

Get the fuck out! That is a class film. Not seen The Informant.

"Nothing To Lose" with Tim Robbins and Martin Lawrence has got to be a career low, for BOTH actors.

Not exactly the same thing, but I left the cinema about a third of the way into the abomination that is School Of Rock with the hilarious Jack Black.

Woahh there. I've changed my mind about Jack Black, having previously considered him a loudmouthed fat talentless yank, and I've watched School of Rock and Be Kind Rewind, which Rubble Rouser has listed, and both of which I thought were very watchable films. They're two very different parts to play and he plays them both very well in my opinion, dispelling my 'talentless' label.

There be controversy in this here thread.

Woahh there. I've changed my mind about Jack Black, having previously considered him a loudmouthed fat talentless yank, and I've watched School of Rock and Be Kind Rewind, which Rubble Rouser has listed, and both of which I thought were very watchable films. They're two very different parts to play and he plays them both very well in my opinion, dispelling my 'talentless' label.

There be controversy in this here thread.

Yeah - I was dispapointed in Be Kind Rewind because I generally quite like Fat Jack and wanted to like the film.

Yeah - I was dispapointed in Be Kind Rewind because I generally quite like Fat Jack and wanted to like the film.

Must admit, the first twenty minutes had me wondering if anything worthwhile was going to happen. As soon as they started remaking the movies it became a really good, funny, watchable film.