You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barca taking the piss

Red Mist

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either Inter or Barca should stump up £25 mill or they can fuck right off....

If any players shall be part of the package, it should be on our initiative, and the ones who have been suggested are not good enough.....

If we don't get what we ask then let him rot in the reserves for a year or two..... The Mercenary cunt!!

It's pretty clear to me. Mascherano will be worth £12m with one year left on his contract. If we're going to be held hostage, then we're going to rob him of a year of his contract.

Fuck it... Make him play in the reserves. If he refuses? We fine him a month's wages.

I'm with you gentlemen.

I believe it... fucking ridiculous. (I'm pointing the finger at Moratti)

I dont want to get into the whole Benitez debate, theres enough of that shit going on at the minute. But I'd say it is definently the Inter hierarchy doing the business but surely they would have to have consulted Benitez. The question is whether Benitez said "Thats just insulting, dont do it" or Benitez said "Ok, go for it".

Its not his perogative to give a fuck about us anymore, he has to do whats best for his team. But lets just say, it wasn't Benitez, say it was any other manager. If they signed off on that we would consider it seriously out of order.

But in all likelihood its out of his hands. He probably says "Get me player A,B,C" and Inters money men do what they can.

If this club still had people with integrity running it we'd have stopped talking to Inter and Barca by now, told them we are too busy to discuss this any further now and sent Masch a cordial letter from a solicitor explaining our interpretation of his contract and asking for his response.

If the money is going to G&H anyway, then we should, on point of principle, hold the player to his contract.

If the manager would get to spend the money, then at that point it is purely a footballing decision - we have a value in mind, so pay it, and the player is yours. If you don't pay enough then the player continues under contract with us.

It is that simple.

Sources at Liverpool have indicated Barcelona remain the only realistic destination for the 26 year-old. Negotiations between the two clubs are continuing, though it is believed the two parties are still some way apart in their valuations. Liverpool are not likely to sell for substantially less than their £25 million valuation of the player.

Hodgson remains hopeful of strengthening his squad before the close of the transfer window, with a left-back and attacking cover for Fernando Torres - absent here after Liverpool’s medical team decided his fitness should not be put at risk - his priorities.

How do you think the Masch situation is going to play out?

I dont want to get into the whole Benitez debate, theres enough of that shit going on at the minute. But I'd say it is definently the Inter hierarchy doing the business but surely they would have to have consulted Benitez. The question is whether Benitez said "Thats just insulting, dont do it" or Benitez said "Ok, go for it".

Its not his perogative to give a fuck about us anymore, he has to do whats best for his team. But lets just say, it wasn't Benitez, say it was any other manager. If they signed off on that we would consider it seriously out of order.

But in all likelihood its out of his hands. He probably says "Get me player A,B,C" and Inters money men do what they can.

What we know, for certain, about Rafa is that he's decisive in the transfer market. He hates drawn out affairs and always acts quickly to get players in, even if that means paying 2-5m more than he should; if a valuation is fair, he'll meet the selling club's price, hell, he was willing to meet Aston's Villa ridiculous asking price for Barry.

This doesn't have his signature at all.

In an ideal world your right, but for the past 5-10 years players just end up going if they want to.

We obviously told Mascherano last season to give us 1 more year then we would let him go, the one thing is round about the turn of the year he was very close to signing a new contract, its all we had for weeks, then suddenly it stopped.

Its strange that you go from wanting to leave to giving you one more season then nearly signing a new deal to wanting to leave again.

What are you trying to say?