You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With our unique view of transfer budgets a 10 million fee received would equate to a 9 million pound player on 20k a week, 8 million on 40k etc etc.

In a way it is quite a genius system, because how many 9million pound players are on 20k a week these days.

Actually that's wrong as it would only cover a one year deal so you'd be looking at a 6 million pound player on 20k a week on a 4 year contract.

Result.

With our unique view of transfer budgets a 10 million fee received would equate to a 9 million pound player on 20k a week, 8 million on 40k etc etc.

In a way it is quite a genius system, because how many 9million pound players are on 20k a week these days.

I think the old dear who walks round with the afternoon cake trolley is on that at Man City never mind any of the players.

What makes me more uneasy is the fact that Shaun Wright Phillips has been linked to us. Selling Kuyt would be bad enough, but the prospect of replacing him with that useless midget of a footballer is unpalatable.

Id be sick if we got rid of Dirk and brought SWP in to replace him. Seriously sick.

Id be sick if we got rid of Dirk and brought SWP in to replace him. Seriously sick.

We couldn't, the maths don't add up. You'd be looking at 60k a week and a three year deal as a minimum so if we sold Kuyt for 10 million then we'd have to be able to sign SWP for 640,000

Do you reckon Roy wants to sell all these players?

I think he does and that may either be his intention or a bid has come in and he has reconsidered. I'm surprised he isn't pushing for Babel to find a new club. The comments he made about Aquilani can quite easily be leveled at Babel.

The noise regarding Mascherano has died down as well. It appears that Barca and Inter do not have the cash. So we may end up with 3 DM's. I don't think we will sell Lucas either.

If we don't see movement in the next few days regarding players in I think we will be looking to the youngsters...

Sky Sports have the same thing practically.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Kuyt attracts Inter interest

Dirk Kuyt's agent has revealed that there is 'concrete interest' from Inter Milan in the Liverpool player, although he has yet to decide whether he would be keen on a reunion with Rafa Benitez.

Benitez left Anfield to take charge at the Giuseppe Meazza over the summer and has been linked with moves for several of his former men, including Kuyt.

The Holland international has seen his stock rise over the past few years and he became a key figure under Benitez after joining the Reds from Feyenoord in 2006.

Kuyt is now considering a switch to Inter, according to his representative Rob Jansen, although it could be difficult to strike a deal even if he wants to go.

"Yes, there is concrete interest from Inter, but Dirk has not yet decided if he wants to leave Liverpool," Jansen told Voetbal International.

"This is also a complicated transfer. Dirk Kuyt is a key player for Liverpool, he has an ongoing contract and was recently in the World Cupfinal.

"He may move to Inter or just stay at Liverpool. There is also the possibility that a player from Inter could be included in the deal with Dirk Kuyt."

Kuyt was left out of Roy Hodgson's squad for the Europa League clash against Trabzonspor on Thursday night.

Wonder if that is just pure agent talk?

Chivu could be involved as he is a left back.

David Suazo, Kerlon and Victor Obinna could all move from Inter too.

It is quite strange that we are potentially getting rid of Aquilani and Kuyt. It makes you wonder who we are making room for? Possibility of takeover money available for Roy? Who knows but this player swap wonder whether likes of eto'o, suazo, chivu or santon be involved..

Sky Sports have the same thing practically.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Kuyt attracts Inter interest

Wonder if that is just pure agent talk?

Chivu could be involved as he is a left back.

Apparently a deal for a similar player Sculli broke down. It wouldn't surprise me if Benitez is trying to add a bit more tactical nouse to their stike-force its pretty much a hodge-podge at the moment.

Rafa knows we've got no money so he's being cheeky by trying to get kuyt because he knows we have to take a reasonable offer to raise cash to spend.

I think he's waiting until the deadline and then going to try and get Masch for about £15 on the cheap.

Would Rafa really be that shallow towards us and to protect us surely the board would cover this off within his exit agreement?

This guy's name keeps popping up on various rumour sites. He's been linked with everybody over the past 3-4 years, yet as far as I can fathom, all he's done is a few "seal dribbles" when he was about 16-17, which invariably resulted in a deserved clattering by irate defenders. A candidate for the ultimate Youtube player.