You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
Looks like I'm just about the only one who's going to be quite pleased about this signing. he has some Mongrel about him and patrols well.

If we play something like a 4-1-4-1 system, he is ideal. He allows Gerrard to drive forward more and it lets Cole do what he is best at.

I know nothing about him, looking forward to seeing him play.

Looks like I'm just about the only one who's going to be quite pleased about this signing. he has some Mongrel about him and patrols well.

If we play something like a 4-1-4-1 system, he is ideal. He allows Gerrard to drive forward more and it lets Cole do what he is best at.

Your not alone! I'm really happy and think he's a bargain!

My only worry is that the prem is tough on the old legs. Playing every game will almost certainly be too much for him but, as a solid back up! Now that's a deal I'd snap you hand off for.

Just hope he Is back up and not the replacement for masch we need someone else too.

Your not alone! I'm really happy and think he's a bargain!

My only worry is that the prem is tough on the old legs. Playing every game will almost certainly be too much for him but, as a solid back up! Now that's a deal I'd snap you hand off for.

Just hope he Is back up and not the replacement for masch we need someone else too.

Yep, pretty much how I see it Comrade. I wouldn't want him playing more than 25-30 games maximum per season, but he knows his way around and I think he will do a decent job for us. People talk about him possibly being a bit of a liability and a sending off waiting to happen, so is Mascherano at times. Masch can either be an asset or a liability depending on his mood.

Yep, pretty much how I see it Comrade. I wouldn't want him playing more than 25-30 games maximum per season, but he knows his way around and I think he will do a decent job for us. People talk about him possibly being a bit of a liability and a sending off waiting to happen, so is Mascherano at times. Masch can either be an asset or a liability depending on his mood.

In one my man.

Confirmed by Juventus now.

Juventus Football Club announces that an agreement has been finalized with Liverpool F.C. for the disposal of the registration rights of the player Christian Poulsen for a consideration of € 5.475 million to be paid in two instalments: € 2.725 million immediately upon the execution of the contract and € 2.75 million on 1 July 2011. Deferred payment is covered by a bank guarantee.

This operation generates a non significant capital gain in the 2010/2011 financial year.

The consideration for the disposal may increase by a further maximum of € 1.2 million on achieving given sports performances in the course of the duration of the contract

It's confirmed om Danish Tv2.news as well.

I guess Mascherano is well on his way out since we finally have found the money to buy Poulsen? Suppose the £20 mill will go to Konchesky, Crouch and Poulsen. With the exception of Crouch adding something different I really can't see any improvement in all this?

And of course Insua will have to leave for Konchesky to come in and probably Cavalieri for Jones at £3 mill. There should be more money available, but I'm not counting on that knowning the shit we're in.

It's just so very avarage.

How the hell did we get Cole and convince Gerrard and mainly Torres to stay on?

It's confirmed om Danish Tv2.news as well.

I guess Mascherano is well on his way out since we finally have found the money to buy Poulsen? Suppose the £20 mill will go to Konchesky, Crouch and Poulsen. With the exception of Crouch adding something different I really can't see any improvement in all this?

And of course Insua will have to leave for Konchesky to come in and probably Cavalieri for Jones at £3 mill. There should be more money available, but I'm not counting on that knowning the shit we're in.

It's just so very avarage.

How the hell did we get Cole and convince Gerrard and mainly Torres to stay on?

Maybe those players don't have your psychic abilities. Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.

Underwhelmed. Massively.

I guess the rumours about Defour wanting another season at Liege must be true then, and even so - this seems like a panic buy to me. £4.5m for another 30 year old i just cannot understand. IF we lose Mascherano now - we had better put the money to better use than Crouch.

Whenever I have seen him (which is not loads i grant you), he has seemed decent. He is 30, which is a tad older than I would have liked, but for 4.5 or whatever, this could turn out well. I certainly won't be having a go at this sort of signing, because this is very much the market we are in. Looking forward to seeing him play.

An uninspiring signing? What the fuck do you expect? We are on the verge of administration for fuck sake.

Is absolutely right. Given the circumstances I think he's a good signing. I sometimes wonder what all the "massively underwhelmed" brigade seriously expect?

It would seem if he's not cost 15m+ he must be crap.

He strikes me as the type that will give his all for team. Time will tell. At least give the guy your support

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Seems like it could turn out to be an astute purchase. I'd have preferred a 22 year old £67m superhero, but this'll do pig. He's a bit of a chopper at times, so this league might even suit him more.