You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421

Lying is stating something which is untrue, it is not asking for something to be removed from minutes as it would jeopardise his job.

How about lying about the transfer budget? The numbers don't add up.

He talks crap.

Guest TK-421
to ask the question a slightly different way...

what exactly has he actually DONE so that i may look at him the way that you do?

please do so in the form of statement of FACT

Ummm, ummm, Standard Chartered, hasn't done anything wrong, ummmmm.

Did he or did he not sign off and present the deal to the media as his job and as is the closing of any deal at a big company?

He did, didn't he. As I said before your post as well he gave FULL credit to the commercial team, thus he did his job. Point being the fact he wasn't here in the negotiating stages is another stupid stick used to beat him with.

Lying is stating something which is untrue, it is not asking for something to be removed from minutes as it would jeopardise his job.

No he didn't - Ayres signed it off after approval from the board. Giving full credit to the commercial team is somewhat different from him being credit for him "have a part to play in the SC deal". May as well say the Leeches were a part of that deal in that case.

The minutes are a record of what happened, what was said, who has ownership of actions and follow ups in a meeting. Changing what was said WITHOUT agreeing or gaining approval of them with those other members of the meeting IS LYING. Nothing more - nothing less.

You do realise this cunt has achieved his goal of successfully winding us all up.

Its Cecil or a Manc and probably both

Really proved me wrong there with the idea you were a clueless sheep. Calling for me to be banned, insinuating I'm a Manc (plenty more people hate us you know) and best yet assuming I could be the man of whom the thread refers to.

How could I ever have doubted you?

Really proved me wrong there with the idea you were a clueless sheep. Calling for me to be banned, insinuating I'm a Manc (plenty more people hate us you know) and best yet assuming I could be the man of whom the thread refers to.

How could I ever have doubted you?

fuck off cecil

No he didn't - Ayres signed it off after approval from the board. Giving full credit to the commercial team is somewhat different from him being credit for him "have a part to play in the SC deal". May as well say the Leeches were a part of that deal in that case.

The minutes are a record of what happened, what was said, who has ownership of actions and follow ups in a meeting. Changing what was said WITHOUT agreeing or gaining approval of them with those other members of the meeting IS LYING. Nothing more - nothing less.

First point, fair enough other than the original point still stands. It is a ridiculous idea to beat him up for NOT being at the club. He didn't take any credit he merely faced the deal as anyone in his position would have done and he made sure to give the credit to the commercial team.

Your second point is far too simplified. You can't expect anyone to risk their job and tarnish their career over a meeting with a glorified self imposed group of fans whose biggest impact so far was to bring the name of LFC into disrepute thanks to some disgusting songs at one of their get togethers. The fact Purslow as the same self preservation instincts as say ANYONE else is another ridiculous stick to beat him with. I'd take more from the idea had said anything against his employers in the first place but that seems to be conviently ignored. Surely if he was so much part of this perceived axis of evil he wouldnt have to ask for anything to be removed?

How many people actually know the score and how many are just caught up on a "look at my naughty words, I fit in yay" tangent?

I mean I'd love someone to tell me what he did that was so incredibly wrong and you can start with the Standard Chartered deal which again has been roundly vilified without cause and the goalposts moved by Ayre fans when it suits.

What is this thing with "Liverpool fans" that every slight is taken a million miles out of proportion and then held against someone for the rest of their life.

Please explain what he did and don't just say "he lied to the fans".

You only have to look at the hysteria over Roy's apointment to see how far overboard our pantamime brigade on here go.

Wrongislander ? i recon your on the wrong fucking planet mate :wallbutt:

purslow is a tosser, IF (and its a big if) we are ever bought again he will be the first board member to be removed he try's to make out hes a fan like us bollocks he's a lying twat

First point, fair enough other than the original point still stands. It is a ridiculous idea to beat him up for NOT being at the club. He didn't take any credit he merely faced the deal as anyone in his position would have done and he made sure to give the credit to the commercial team.

Your second point is far too simplified. You can't expect anyone to risk their job and tarnish their career over a meeting with a glorified self imposed group of fans whose biggest impact so far was to bring the name of LFC into disrepute thanks to some disgusting songs at one of their get togethers. The fact Purslow as the same self preservation instincts as say ANYONE else is another ridiculous stick to beat him with. I'd take more from the idea had said anything against his employers in the first place but that seems to be conviently ignored. Surely if he was so much part of this perceived axis of evil he wouldnt have to ask for anything to be removed?

The lad who said that it was unlikely that you want to be convinced by anything we say was 100% correct.

Even in this post you've admited you were wrong and that the only involvement he had with the SC deal was as a member of the board.

Then you go on to essentially say well OK he was lying but he had to lie otherwise the boss would have shouted at him.

For those reasons I'm out.

If you want to talk about transfer funds, contract renewals and the stuff he's said about them which clearly doesn't add up you might get a big part of the picture. Plently of people here can show you how things don't add up. If you don't want to even discuss that bit and keep skipping past it in people's posts, you'll probably just get laughed out of here.

Wrongislander, I see that you've sidestepped the issue of his lies about the transfer budget, and they are lies, are they not? Rafa did not spend £20m net last summer as Purslow claimed. Portsmouth's accounts showed that they owed us £7m from the Peter Crouch transfer, so given that our signings were Aquilani, who lets say for arguments sake cost the full fee reported by the press of 20m, even though it's highly unlikely that we did, Johnson, and Kyrgiakos, who apparently cost £1.5m, that makes our outgoings £31.5m. Given that we sold Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa to Real Madrid for more than that, that would make what Purslow said a total fabrication.

How many people actually know the score and how many are just caught up on a "look at my naughty words, I fit in yay" tangent?

I mean I'd love someone to tell me what he did that was so incredibly wrong and you can start with the Standard Chartered deal which again has been roundly vilified without cause and the goalposts moved by Ayre fans when it suits.

What is this thing with "Liverpool fans" that every slight is taken a million miles out of proportion and then held against someone for the rest of their life.

Please explain what he did and don't just say "he lied to the fans".

You only have to look at the hysteria over Roy's apointment to see how far overboard our pantamime brigade on here go.

Jib it Christy,you kidded us for 2 summers on the run,ye taking the piss now!!

If you want to talk about transfer funds, contract renewals and the stuff he's said about them which clearly doesn't add up you might get a big part of the picture. Plently of people here can show you how things don't add up. If you don't want to even discuss that bit and keep skipping past it in people's posts, you'll probably just get laughed out of here.

Im simply playin devil's advocate mate. People like yourself, Dirty Sanchez and TommyW give me real hope. I wanted to see how many people actually knew the score (which I can't say I'm any expert on) and would present a coherent arguement and how many would post pictures and throw mindless insults thus proving my point about the foul mouthed sheep. Red Nick in particular has once again played his part to perfection.

I'd want to ask WHY he was lying about the finances, what purpose would it serve for him? The accounts won't lie at the end of the day so he'd just be providing his own rope.

The accounts from what I've seen certainly add up closer to his ideas than the papers and you would expect so I ask again why is he playing fast and loose with the truth?

He does seem to know more than your average WUM

It's not Purslow, but I wouldn't be surprised if his good mate Tom, has given him some company money to use his PR firm.

All the snidy fuckers have gone to ground. I hope Evans and Barrett are there at the manager unveiling PC, and give the little weasel shit for being such an underhanded spastic cunt.

Im simply playin devil's advocate mate. People like yourself, Dirty Sanchez and TommyW give me real hope. I wanted to see how many people actually knew the score (which I can't say I'm any expert on) and would present a coherent arguement and how many would post pictures and throw mindless insults thus proving my point about the foul mouthed sheep. Red Nick in particular has once again played his part to perfection.

I'd want to ask WHY he was lying about the finances, what purpose would it serve for him? The accounts won't lie at the end of the day so he'd just be providing his own rope.

The accounts from what I've seen certainly add up closer to his ideas than the papers and you would expect so I ask again why is he playing fast and loose with the truth?

Why play devils advocate with such a rigid stance? Playing devil's advocate is generally a way to entice opposing opinions out from all sides. I don't think you've done that at all. The threads you need are already all over the forums. I'm not SoS's greatest fan, but playing devi'ls advocate isn't slagging them off for that Munich idiot. You've picked a side there, and now you're trying to wriggle a bit with your softening language.

Even more disturbing is the chatter from around football. It is clear that being a fan would mean Purslow would throw himself into the job, but enthusiasm is easily misdirected. Some at Anfield have nicknamed him Forrest Gump, for his propensity to put himself at the centre of every big event in the club. On Wednesday night, he was briefing ITV’s touchline reporter about Steven Gerrard’s injury after visiting the dressing room at half-time. After the draw with Lyons put Liverpool out of the Champions League, the chief executive provided a post-match interview for Sky. Bill Shankly famously said that “directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques”.

Proud institution that is Liverpool is being turned into a laughing stock | Liverpool - Times Online

Hmmmm....Now what part of his job requires him to do any of that!