You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ex-Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez donates £96,000 to Hillsborough Family Support G

StevieH

What a bloody great gesture that is. The man has got more class and dignity than the whole board put together.

All the best at Inter Rafa (obviously apart from if you play us), Im sure you will have more major trophies coming your way soon.

Cant believe some of the blerts in here, some of the posts in this thread are an absolute disgrace

Er, speak for yourself.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough.

Generous, generous Rafa.

Greedy, greedy players.

Ah, I feel cleansed.

So, once Rafa made a crack about players being greedy, means he can't donate 96 grand to the HFSG without being a hypocrite?

You seem an intelligent dude, but a bit off course on this.

Nice one Rafa and that is all that needs to be said.

Well ok I will carry on, I hated the way he divided us in the end.

I think we all need at times to respect each others points of view, just because some one thinks different does not make them wrong and you right.

He lost his way but it happens to a lot of our managers and I just wanted the man to succeed but sadly it was not to be.

I want to have a dig at someone here but I will leave it out as Al said there is no need to descend this into the usual shit.

Thanks Rafa.

Fantastic.

For me it just sums up why i felt so gutted at the end of his stay. Not because of his tactics and management but because we were losing someone who really cared about LFC and it's fans. A guy who would stand up and fight on our behalf.

A nice touch and fitting of how he was seen by many fans.

Thankyou and good luck.

Guest the boy

Speaks volumes of the man.

When talking about players he said ' boys you've got to remember they are all greedy' 'except for Carra' someone replied, 'no I can assure you, he is as well' we all burst out laughing.

Yeah, great fella.

What was it, 3 months before he negotiated a 40% hike of his own contract in the middle of a season?

Well timed that little reminscence.........

What a bitter, bitter trainwreck the story so far would have become.

Edit: wrong place.

Well in Rafa, pity some of the 'cunts' that 'support' us couldn't show as much class.

The cunt word was used on here, it sickened me. I knew it was time and all

that but to call a man who brought us back a lot of respect and call him that was one of the low points on this forum.

Sorry Tom but you are one cock, related to the owner of the site does not give you the right to call any manager of our club that.

Had to say it and glad I did. Oh and please do not offer to say it to my face.

The cunt word was used on here, it sickened me. I knew it was time and all

that but to call a man who brought us back a lot of respect and call him that was one of the low points on this forum.

Sorry Tom but you are one cock, related to the owner of the site does not give you the right to call any manager of our club that.

Had to say it and glad I did. Oh and please do not offer to say it to my face.

In equal measure with "hope you enjoy the car" ATK.

Hang your heads in shame.

As soon as I read this thread from page one I felt the need to go through it all. Despite the odd prick it's been a great show of appreciation for a man whose acted in a classy and dignified way, (this is what I believe to be 'the Liverpool way').

Thankyou Rafa and the Benitez family.

YNWA