You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

The problem with acts of nature is that they are unpredictable, so nobody knows for sure. I can't see a problem with the military moving teams using chinooks for example. They can fly low enough to avoid any ash.

It says alot about the Premier league that they get one of there teams to play on a monday before a european Semi Final, Inter played on Friday night FFS. either way I cannot see this game going ahead, fuck knows what the solution will be.

Its all about the ££££££££££

I can't fucking wait to see the Premiership impload when the money starts drying up. Its a league of greed & immorality.

That said the country as a whole can't fucking run any sporting league properly (with the possible exception of Rugby League)

Its all about the ££££££££££

I can't fucking wait to see the Premiership impload when the money starts drying up. Its a league of greed & immorality.

That said the country as a whole can't fucking run any sporting league properly (with the possible exception of Rugby League)

Not in the Europa League.

Guest davelfc

Only money could get our game called off. Yes a lot of fans may struggle but there's no excuse not to get players there. Modern military choppers are fitted with very effective sand filters and can fly low level. If they can pluck some unprepared tossers from mountains they can fly some overpaid players to Madrid.

If the greedy bastards at the FA had'nt decided to make us play on monday night for the 6th time this season the week of a semi final we could have travelled by rail/road

To be fair, I'm pretty sure LFC were quite happy to take the tv money for these games and didn't complain at the time.

How is it then?

Every team gets an equal share of around £22m. Then they get small bonuses for live matches they are featured in. I doubt the small bonus has much sway in the decision regarding Monday night kick off's.

Either way I'm sure the club stand to lose alot more money if the Atletico game is cancelled then they stand to gain from Monday night.