You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lionel Messi

WaltonRed

In all seriousness if he keeps to this level for the next 5 years there wont be a debate who was / is the best ever it will be him. Even Maradona did not have his goals output. and Pele scored a lot of his 1000 or so goals in 'jumpers for goal posts' games.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you also realise that probably the only player in the world who can tame him on the pitch plays for us ,I feel like crying thinking of the shite season we have have had.

The world cup could be something special with Argentina and Spain.

I say could be as it all depends on Diego staying off the Peruvian marching dust and picking a settled side.

In all seriousness if he keeps to this level for the next 5 years there wont be a debate who was / is the best ever it will be him. Even Maradona did not have his goals output. and Pele scores a lot of his 1000 or so goals in 'jumpers for goal posts' games.

It's scary, isn't it. My dad has always said that Maradona was the greatest ever and no player has come close to his level. He laughed when people compared Zidane and Ronaldinho in their prime to Maradona.

But you know what, a couple of months ago, he said: "You know, he's the closest thing I've ever seen to Maradona. He's getting there".

It's scary, isn't it. My dad has always said that Maradona was the greatest ever and no player has come close to his level. He laughed when people compared Zidane and Ronaldinho in their prime to Maradona.

But you know what, a couple of months ago, he said: "You know, he's the closest thing I've ever seen to Maradona. He's getting there".

I agree 100% with your dad.

I'll never forget Messi's performance at Old Trafford in the semi-final a couple of years ago when the Mancs actually beat them. Barca were infuriating that night, playing one too many passes etc. It was practically the same side as Guardiola has now but it was clear that season that Rijkaard had lost control.

Messi was just unbelievable; he kept walking past them all night and was totally let down by his team mates.

I was giggling when people were saying that Arsenal would advance...

I thought Arsenal could do it with a bit of luck. When they scored first I thought Barcelona might panic a bit. How wrong was I. Arsene Wenger did nothing to try and change the course of the game though which for Arsenal fans must be disappointing. I couldnt see us going there and losing 4-1 as its the kind of situation Rafa thrives in (being underdog).

I just pray there are no English sides left in it this time tomorrow night!

At the end of the day, we watch top-class players because they can do things we can't do, but we dream of doing. Messi does things that top-class professional players dream of doing, but can't do.

I seriously think he might be the best ever, and this from someone who watched Maradona in his pomp.