You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres out for 6 weeks/Gerrard 2weeks

milky

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

Liverpool today revealed the extent of the injuries sustained by Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Yossi Benayoun against Reading last night.

A Club spokesman said: "Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres both underwent scans earlier today after coming off in the FA Cup tie against Reading.

"Steven has a hamstring strain and will be out for a fortnight, while Fernando has torn a cartilage in his right knee. The injury will require surgery and he is expected to be sidelined for six weeks.

"Yossi Benayoun also suffered a fractured rib in the game and will be unavailable for between three and four weeks."

Injury update from Melwood - Liverpool FC

If it wasn't for 'bad luck' we'd have no luck at all. I could cry.

Guest davelfc
Well there's the excuses sorted for the next month or so anyway.

Pretty damned good excuses though. We're fucked.

I suppose the way I'm feeling is how you might feel after being kicked in the nuts again and again and again and again. There must come a time when it just doesn't hurt anymore. I think that's the point I've been at for a while.

:wallbutt:

Fuck x infinity

Torres needed this months ago, he's only having it now because we have fuck all to play for and he needs to be fit for the world cup.

Our attacking options have been swiped away in one fell swoop.

This is going to get much much worse before it gets better.

Knee injury,not Hernia!!

Fuck x infinity

Torres needed this months ago, he's only having it now because we have fuck all to play for and he needs to be fit for the world cup.

Our attacking options have been swiped away in one fell swoop.

This is going to get much much worse before it gets better.

Is this not a new injury?

Agree with all - we're fucked now. Kuyt and Ngog up front in 442 is the only option unless we bring someone in...

Torres injury-proneness is becoming beyong a joke now... £100m?