You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO Cherno Samba & Freddy Adu

The-Sir

Cherno Samba, Owen Price and Anthony Le Tallec star in the Top 10 nearly kids of British football - MirrorFootball.co.uk

1) Cherno Samba

The 13-year-old hit the headlines when he scored 132 goals in 32 games in one season alone. He was besieged by offers from big clubs, notably Liverpool, but the deal fell through and he joined Millwall. The trouble was, Samba's prodigious size and strength had given him an advantage in his early days, but once the players around him had grown up too, he no longer stood out. In 2004, he left the Lions to try and build a career in Spain. He later had brief spells at Plymouth, Wrexham and, most recently, Haka in Finland.

adu is "playing" for them all right, though if you consider the fact that he rarely gets on the pitch its a bit of an oxymoron at the moment.

the kid is still supremely talented but he made the wrong choices in his career.

i think you'll see him go on loan to MLS in the january window. all he cares about is going to the world cup this summer

I think Adu has to be the most overhyped footballer in history. The shit they were saying about the kid when he was 14 was ridiculous. And he was yapping on about how great it would be to join Chelsea or ManUre, as if he had such a standing that he could dictate what top club he plays for. The drunk at ManUre took one look at him when he was on trial there and said he would never be good enough, even for them.

And now he's been loaned out to a mediocre Portuguese club. So much for the 'new Pele''.

Hull line up January move for United States wonder kid

Freddy Adu admits he mulling over a switch to Hull after being told he can leave Portuguese side Belenenses. United States star Adu, 20, who once had a trial at Manchester United, has been allowed out on loan after failing to impress at Benfica.

The forward is also being tracked by Greek side Aris Thessalonika, but fellow American Jozy Altidore has been using Twitter to try to persuade the ex-DC United man to move to the KC Stadium. Adu said on his Twitter account:"Hull or Aris? Man, decisions. I have some tough decisions to make.

"I have a pretty good idea about what I want to do because it's about playing time and my development." Altidore got in serious trouble with Tigers boss Phil Brown after using Twitter to apologise for turning up late for a game. But that did not put him off using the social networking website to tell Adu: "Come to Hull bro!"

Hull line up January transfer swoop for United States wonder kid, as Jozy Altidore uses Twitter to persuade his fellow American to join him at the KC Stadium - MirrorFootball.co.uk

adu is "playing" for them all right, though if you consider the fact that he rarely gets on the pitch its a bit of an oxymoron at the moment.

the kid is still supremely talented but he made the wrong choices in his career.

i think you'll see him go on loan to MLS in the january window. all he cares about is going to the world cup this summer

i thought the mls had finished for the season thats why beckham has gone to milan and donavon to the blushite.

There has always been some doubt about the true date of birth of Freddie Adu. A lot of people believe he is two years (at least) older than he claims. I saw him when he was supposed to be 14, but he was bigger and more powerfully built than the kids he was playing with. Same story as Samba really, not good enough when the playing field is leveled.

I read an article recently about some guy called Nil Lamptey (I think) who was going to be amazing but it never happened.

Anyone remember him?

Nii Lamptey, original Championship Manager legend. Not quite up there with Chris Bart-Williams, Julian Joachim or Don Hutchison though.

Was really good in Germany (I think) when he was a teenager. Ended up playing for Coventry.

I remember a really shit 1-1 or 2-2 draw at Anfield when him and Peter N'dlovu gave our defence all sorts of problems. Man we were shit back then.