You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan @ Anfield, Wednesday night

zigackly

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Ngog, he'd be a decent fourth choice striker for 1.5 million quid.

No chance he should be getting the playing time he's had this season though, it's laughable.

I've always felt that Ngog is doing is best and not letting himself down, which is all you can ask for. There really should be another striker between him and the first team though.

Guest Pistonbroke
Milner is developing into a quality footballer.

He'd fit well into any team due to his versatility. After the World cup i can see a huge offer coming in for the lad. :yes:

Hey everyone

i dont really go to many games cos i live quite far from liverpool and am a poor student! Was at the game last night and just have a couple of points:

Firstly I thought Gerrard was very poor and looked uninterested. the wigan players passed it around him in midfield and he didnt offer much going forward- he rarely demanded the ball like i thought he would and what a central midfielder should. His body language didnt seem right. (if know we're going through an awful spell but he's our captain and is usually the one that drags us out of trouble) Hopefully he gets his form back soon.

Thought Mascherano was immense. Brilliant at sniffing out danger and constantly putting in good tackles and won many headers above two central midfielders that were much taller. We have to hold onto him.

Benny had a really good game, created a lot of chances in the first half that would have put the result out of sight but when we didnt take tham wigan grew into the game, our defence looked really shakey and they should have scored more than the one goal they did.

Ngog did well and has potential, would prefer a more established attacker to back up torres, but ngog is improving and has more than pulled his weight this season imo.

Think we're in desperate need of some more pace on the wings. Bar johnson we dont really have anyone fast out wide. Kuyt is too slow to be on the wing, especially with the first touch he has. He ran his bollix off as usual though and would be helped if there was a lot more pace around him.

Any way im interested in knowing what other peoples thoughts are of that assessment.

Guest davelfc

Another midweek fuck up of a game for me last night. Had 5 pricks sat behind me, 4 women all in their 40's to 50's and one of their offspring. They spent the entire game with their phones taking pics, comparing pictures and screaming at the players warming up. I fucked one off when a phone hit my head and also when one was right next to my ear with her phone. Bastard day trippers.

Shame there was a game going on, it passed them by.

Agbonlahor?

Don't they usually play him right, Young left and Carew or Heskey leading the line? Which makes the last two their equivalent of Torres and N'Gog (I prefer our two strikers).

I'd take Young and Agbonlahor over any of our "wide" players though.

I think Villa are the flavour of the month, as they seem to be every season, but Milner stands out. In a bunch of cloggers and Olympic sprinters, he stands out to me as head and shoulders above them all. I've always liked him, I don't see him ever getting into our central midfield, he'd be out wide, but he's probably still better than anything we have.

Wasn't everyone going apeshit when we were linked with Milner?

Not all of us. This thread is from May 2006

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/32526-right-winger-do-you-want-rafa-get.html

For my the best buy would be James Milner. Good player who can learn under Rafa and wouldn't expect to play every game but would do a good job when played.

I voted for Simao, who is unquestionably the best player out of those listed, but I'd be happy with Alves or Milner (good call on that one Stu).