You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were over the top today, there was no need for all those horses, all it did was inflame the situation and it could have got nasty, especially when a couple of them bolted.

It's probably a tactic they do on purpose to try and dissuade people from protesting in the future. They're almost always over the top, and that can't just be a coincidence.

Brilliant stuff though, well done SOS and anyone else involved.

I thought none of the Hicks clan were in Liverpool.

Well it was confirmed by a Senior Police Officer who got in the car with Hicks at the King Harry and turned him away. Also, there were lads as part of the protest who were down by the King Harry when it happened at spotted Hicks.

IF they get in next time they come due to being secretive - maybe they should be attacked - surrounded and jostled/have fruit or something thrown at them/be pointed out and shouted down by the WHOLE ground something like that? Anything such ESPECIALLY after yesterday will leave them in NO uncertain terms that they're not safe going to our games anymore AND are hated by our whole support. Also elsewhere on the 'net - someone said we should contact sympathetic LFC journalists (if such a breed exist) and get their humiliation and details of it splashed across the national media ASAP - A good idea no? ANYTHING that carries the fight to them is in my view and the sooner they're gone, the better for all at Anfield.......................................

IF they get in next time they come due to being secretive - maybe they should be attacked - surrounded and jostled/have fruit or something thrown at them/be pointed out and shouted down by the WHOLE ground something like that? Anything such ESPECIALLY after yesterday will leave them in NO uncertain terms that they're not safe going to our games anymore AND are hated by our whole support. Also elsewhere on the 'net - someone said we should contact sympathetic LFC journalists (if such a breed exist) and get their humiliation and details of it splashed across the national media ASAP - A good idea no? ANYTHING that carries the fight to them is in my view and the sooner they're gone, the better for all at Anfield.......................................

There are some journalists on the case but they have a process to go through and certain things may stop them. Will have to see what happens over the next day or two.

On Hicks and Gillett getting into the ground again, our stance stays the same as before yesterday, we will try everything to stop them getting in the ground. If we don't know long enough before to plan anything then we will get them the next time, or even block the entrances after the game so they can't get out. With more people helping us with the protests and informing us when they arrive at hotels over here or any other information we have, then we will be more successful than not in keeping them out of the ground.

The numbers were a bit disappointing today, still the usual faces, but hopefully now people can see that this action can actually work hopefully some people who have been previously apathetic will get involved.

Speaking as one of those, I'll definitely be in town for the next one.

And the club shop should absolutely be targeted.

Speaking as one of those, I'll definitely be in town for the next one.

And the club shop should absolutely be targeted.

Point 1 - Nice one mate. Good to hear.

Point 2 - This is made harder as I believe the entrance is on club property (and therefore private property). I had to move a banner 5 foot to get if off club property yesterday.

I thought none of the Hicks clan were in Liverpool.
What made you think that Coop ? PM if you like but I'll respect your right not to answer.

The Police heavy handedness was a deliberate tactic yesterday to stir things up. As soon as they agitated the protesters they moved in and got the person they wanted. Wouldn't surprise me if they were acting on club orders.

Although yesterday was a great success I think it's time the leafleting stopped. All the regular match goer's know whats going on and their not going to be influenced by a leaflet. The day trippers/glory hunters just don't give a fuck either way.

The time money and effort that goes into the leafleting needs to be put to better use. More direct and more visual action needs to be taken and, the media attention surrounding the big live games needs to be better utilised, whether Cancer and Aids are in attendance or not.

Point 1 - Nice one mate. Good to hear.

Point 2 - This is made harder as I believe the entrance is on club property (and therefore private property). I had to move a banner 5 foot to get if off club property yesterday.

The thing is though, regarding Point 2, you don't need to cause a nuisance to cause the club problems in the shop.

What you'd need to do, is get, say, 50 members to join the queue for the shop at about 1pm. Get into the shop, then look at every single item of merchandise in the shop. Leave no stone (read: label) unturned. Take the piss. Nobody will be any the wiser. Just drag your feet and have a walk around. Congregate, gather, slow down, frustrate.

You would stop the flow of the queue, slow it right down. You'd cost them thousands over the course of a few hours. Then do it again the next week. Then the week after. This is direct action without action. But it certainly has an end product that will knock their karma out of kilter.

A few weeks of that and they'd be reeling.

What made you think that Coop ? PM if you like but I'll respect your right not to answer.

The Police heavy handedness was a deliberate tactic yesterday to stir things up. As soon as they agitated the protesters they moved in and got the person they wanted. Wouldn't surprise me if they were acting on club orders.

Although yesterday was a great success I think it's time the leafleting stopped. All the regular match goer's know whats going on and their not going to be influenced by a leaflet. The day trippers/glory hunters just don't give a fuck either way.

The time money and effort that goes into the leafleting needs to be put to better use. More direct and more visual action needs to be taken and' date=' the media attention surrounding the big live games needs to be better utilised, whether Cancer and Aids are in attendance or not.[/quote']

The leaflets even though we only gave out around the 5000 mark yesterday had a better impact yesterday to a lot who were giving them out compared to ever before. Because of this we would intend to do them again (still have ones left over as well) as part of the 3 stages of the You're Not Welcome Here campaign when that eventually kicks off. They do make a difference, and education always needs to be done all the time.

I agree that more action needs to be taken, but it is looking at the appropriate steps. We welcome ideas and we will want to do more as well as continuing to stop the owners getting in the ground when we know they are coming. They key to any action though is that we need the support of members and non members. It worked yesterday, but to work again we will need more people there. Depending on the action will affect the number of people needed, if there wont be enough then that affects what we can do, so it is something to consider if you have an idea as it is something we will be considering as well. For instance a lot of things inside the ground now don't really get any support at all.