You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackburn Away Match Thread

Monster Masch

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£81m that starting team cost today.

Too many people on this forum have gone to far in backing the manager, so they will not want to be seen as backing down, when I believe in there Hearts they think his days are numbered.

Andy Heaton, RealRed and Durango this is aimed at you three.

Juat as well you didn't mention me there.

However, I would like to pick your nose on one thing there, just what do you define as 'going too far in backing the manager' at LFC?

I've generally been a loyal Rafa defender but have no excuses for him today. I can't fathom why he refuses to make positive substitutions when our opponents are so firmly on the backfoot as Blackburn were around the 60-70 minute mark. While it's possible taking Lucas or Masch off might have enabled a smash and grab win for them, those gambles would surely win more points than they would lose over the course of a season. It's acceptable for a manager to be naturally cautious but risk aversion to the point of irrationality is another matter.

With all due respect mate, you do not understand my anger.

This horrible man Benitez has made me hate my club.

He makes me feel nothing for it anymore, I'm not arsed when we lose, I dont jump up when we score.

That man makes me sick, and makes me feel nothing for my club on the pitch.

I can't handle that.

Why has he made you hate your club?

If you do hate your club perhaps you shite take your parasite mentality elsewhere?

A lot of strange decisions and the usual " Try to win the game in the first hour and actually get out of first-gear? Fuck that" attitude, but in all honesty, I'm immune to it.

Johnson played well, Gerrard is coming back to full fitness, I had an excellent stream and we made a sub before the 70th minute. It always makes me smile when I hear someone talk about/post that they want the manager after a bizzare substitution, as if he's not made about 40 subs that made even less sense.

Is Babel injured?

With all due respect mate, you do not understand my anger.

This horrible man Benitez has made me hate my club.

He makes me feel nothing for it anymore, I'm not arsed when we lose, I dont jump up when we score.

That man makes me sick, and makes me feel nothing for my club on the pitch.

I can't handle that.

Sums it up for me, I don't give a shit any more, even the Derby win left me cold.

He needs to go and he needs to go now.

We need to start the re-building process now and not in the summer.

Give a new manager the chance to run his eye over the team and the players now until the summer and not from the summer onwards.

Purslow do your fucking job

We can't afford to sack him.

Seriously he could play Kuyt left mid and he'll still be in a job.

Its amazing how when u come on these forums everybodys calling for Rafa's head, calling him every cunt under the sun etc. Didn't hear 1 person call for his head all day at the match and the 2 trains on the way back were singing the Rafa song, so ppl who go the match must just not share the same view as TLW Forum!

Its amazing how when u come on these forums everybodys calling for Rafa's head, calling him every cunt under the sun etc. Didn't hear 1 person call for his head all day at the match and the 2 trains on the way back were singing the Rafa song, so ppl who go the match must just not share the same view as TLW Forum!

2 Trains bound for Super Fan Central calling at Cliche Station.

I wasn't there today so I don't know how vocal people were with the Rafa songs, but when you're at the game you should try your best to create an atmosphere and enjoy yourself out with mates singing songs about the team you support, it's natural. When you come onto the forum it's basically just to discuss things about the team with other reds and sadly their isn't many positives to discuss at the moment! I think most people who go to the game don't have much faith in Rafa anymore.

I actually think without forums Rafa would have less support! The superfans really can be convincing to people who take someone else's opinion as their own. Like people on RAWK, their is a new super long article like everyday on there with all the positives twisted and so many people buy it, it's like a cult on there who could never possibly criticize him and all they talk about is how he can't compete because of net spend.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I could not give a flying fuck what you think, He is a twat of a man and a manager and the three mentioned, have not got a fucking clue about Liverpool and Benitez.

There people who wont admit there wrong yet post shite trying to defend there points.

There wrong and that is the fucking point.

Your saying just because I don't agree with you I haven't a clue about Liverpool?

Come on Al

That's not a bit fair

Well I was at the match and believe me some of the things said on here are quite mild compared to what I heard today. I wonder what that strange booing sound was at the final whistle.

Are two months of totally shit football not enough to make people understand that we need to change manager? Nothing is getting better. Rafa refuses to change things around even though it is blatantly obvious that Mascherano and Lucas in the middle is NOT GOING TO WORK. Add Kuyt to that equation and we have the least attacking midfield we have had in a long long time. To think, two season back we were singing about having the best midfield in the world, now we have one of the worst in the league. That is not hyperbole, unfortunately, its FACT. We have gone backwards this season and we need to make changes to reverse that trend and it seems Rafa will not make those changes.

Not really read the thread because I pretty much guess who said what, however I'd like to say how disappointed I was with Rafa's failure to play a front man from the start today, that was caution beyond belief. We never looked any kind of threat until N'Gog came on then and even then it was only powder puff. It was annoying as fuck realising a draw was the limit of our expectations.