You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RBS putting the squeeze on?

RolandRat

Football clubs don't run for profit, they run for capital growth so the revenue is reinvested. Hence no, but then if you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't have asked that question.

Erm yes they are. Either that or they are a rich mans play thing.

In 2007 we had the opportunity to take the club further and really expand it for a reasonable investment figure. The potenital return was immense.

The potential return still is immense but its going to take a lot more capital investment than previous. Twice as much in fact. In 2007 £200m would have gone such a long way to a new stadium and increased squad invesmtnet. now it will just be swallowed up and disappeared.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say we were better off now, I said we were worth more.

Are we better off now than when the americans took over, clearly not. But with the debt is going down, the interest payments go down, the revenue goes up. With guaranteed TV rights, standard chartered money, an under performing shirt (adidas) deal, a stadium deal etc etc it's not rocket science to work out there might be a financial return.

Speedy there is no stadium deal. Its gone, ended, finito, caput. its a dead parrot. Do we need John Cleese to spell it out for us.

Erm yes they are. Either that or they are a rich mans play thing.

We were clearly distinguishing between capital and revenue profit.

In 2007 we had the opportunity to take the club further and really expand it for a reasonable investment figure. The potenital return was immense.

The potential return still is immense but its going to take a lot more capital investment than previous. Twice as much in fact. In 2007 £200m would have gone such a long way to a new stadium and increased squad invesmtnet. now it will just be swallowed up and disappeared.

No question, they over-leveraged, the banking industry over-leveraged, everyone is unwinding and that's meant the gap between our ebit and the interest payments was zilch. And that's why N'Gog is our backup and Silva is in Valencia.

That doesn't alter the fact though that there is money to be made, we've been run too badly for too long for that not to be the case.

We were clearly distinguishing between capital and revenue profit.

No question, they over-leveraged, the banking industry over-leveraged, everyone is unwinding and that's meant the gap between our ebit and the interest payments was zilch. And that's why N'Gog is our backup and Silva is in Valencia.

That doesn't alter the fact though that there is money to be made, we've been run too badly for too long for that not to be the case.

Absolutely there's money to be made but it will require a much larger investment and will have to be a much longer term plan than it would have been in 2007. Rather than it being a great investment opportuinty to anyone, I think any potential investor now has to have a love for the club or game (or just make it another rich mans plaything with added publicity)

You don't know that, I don't know that. I suspect if I was about to invest 100m I'd be able to find out what was going to happen.

don't I

Absolutely there's money to be made but it will require a much larger investment and will have to be a much longer term plan than it would have been in 2007. Rather than it being a great investment opportuinty to anyone, I think any potential investor now has to have a love for the club or game (or just make it another rich mans plaything with added publicity)

don't I

I'm pretty sure, betting you don't know for sure is a safer bet than the bet on the stadium.

How on earth do these pair of twerps expect someone to invest £100M of his money in LFC when they won't invest a cent of their owm money. It is never going to happen. We have now brought LFC to the brink of bankruptcy, invest in us for a 25 % share and watch us syphen your investment out in exspence's.

They are touting a 25% share for £100M? Why on earth would anybody put their hard earned cash into this only to have no real power? I can't see that happening. Therefore they need to find the money themselves or sell up at a more realistic price. If they don't have the money then it is player sales, but that would also reduce the value of the club and would also reduce our chances of CL qualification, so this will probably be avoided (at least when it comes to Torres and Gerrard).

Round and round it goes. I can only hope a sale to a better owner will ensue. Fingers crossed.

Can you imagine those two on Dragon's Den? Bannatine and the little Greek would larf their bollocks off.

How on earth do these pair of twerps expect someone to invest £100M of his money in LFC when they won't invest a cent of their owm money. It is never going to happen. We have now brought LFC to the brink of bankruptcy, invest in us for a 25 % share and watch us syphen your investment out in exspence's.

Simple, they expect the new person to use someone else's money too. They just need to find someone whose credit cards aren't as maxed. In the real world the flow of real actual money between owners and businesses is one way.

The mess didn't start with the Yanks - the Americans are the culmination of a mess that David Moores (above all others), Rick Parry, Peter Robinson (in his later years) and disasterous managers like Graeme Souness and, to a lesser extent, uncle Roy Evans, have made of this one-great and fabled institution. The Americans are only in charge of us because of a mess; they didn't cause it, but just took advantage of it.

The mess didn't start with the Yanks - the Americans are the culmination of a mess that David Moores (above all others), Rick Parry, Peter Robinson (in his later years) and disasterous managers like Graeme Souness and, to a lesser extent, uncle Roy Evans, have made of this one-great and fabled institution. The Americans are only in charge of us because of a mess; they didn't cause it, but just took advantage of it.

I disagree.

The club has always been traditionally well run and financially stable, the main charge which was levied against it was that it didn't exploit its potential commercially - now we've got the exact opposite. The club is securing, or looking like securing, lucrative sponsorship deals and planning to tour the far east and all the rest of it - but it's now in the red with the threat of administration hovering over it the minute a payment is missed, and it looks like being so for years to come.

It was never like that under previous administrations, we just didn't have 'as much' to spend as the likes of the mancs and Newscastle.

This may have been commented on in this thread but I have looked through and cannot see it so apologies if it has but has anyone seen the article in the Mail today about the owners.

The article is written by Joe Bernstein and is pretty revealing, he states that Christian Purslow is the eyes and ears of RBS, that Hicks and Gillett are effectively "lame ducks" and that even if they wanted to get rid of Rafa they would now need to get Purslow's say so in order to do so and not the other way around. He then goes to add that Gillett was told to make that statement about Rafa.

When added to Purslow's comments last Sunday about new investment I think this really could mean we will actually see some change quite soon. I was quite interested to hear Purslow comment about investment coming in within the next 3-6 months. I know people are speculating that it would be a minority investor but I felt it was interesting that he said whilst G&H would not sell their shares, if I understood him right, he suggested that any shares purchased would be new shares and thus that does not rule out a full takeover.

If Purslow is an RBS guy then the likelihood in my mind is that the club will be subject to a full takeover. Why would the bank look to get £100M in January from forcing G&H to take on another investor, when they know they will need to get a further £100M on top of that payment next summer. If they are getting involved they obviously don't believe in G&H and if that is the case they are hardly going to get £100M and then hand back over full control of G&H and say "we trust you to get us another £100M by next summer".

Furthermore, Purslow was suggesting the interested parties are very rich and very clever business people. Can we honestly see any of them giving their money for a minority shareholding?

I know when all said and done it is the mail and whilst they are crap with any transfer gossip I have watched them closely when it comes to the investment news and they do seem to get a fair bit right on that front.

I find that very hard to believe as long as they are making interest payments the bank wouldnt have that say so only the threat of not renewing the debt etc.

Its there asset not the Banks, the only time that changes is if RBS call the loan in which they cant do to january or the owners default on the loan

We will not sell any of our star players, vows Liverpool owner Tom Hicks - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Not going anywhere soon it seems. The annoying thing is Hicks knows the value of our club hence the fact we have now got a world record shirt sponsership deal(Spurs got more under Moores and Parry), and now he knows that we could get a stadium naming deal that will pay for 2/3rds of the current stadium cost which is around £280m

, if those fcukin retards that ran us into the ground had any brain cells in 2000, the stadium would have been built and paid for with no debt on it, that cunt Moores was at the manc game aswell, cunt does'nt learn.

We will not sell any of our star players, vows Liverpool owner Tom Hicks - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Not going anywhere soon it seems. The annoying thing is Hicks knows the value of our club hence the fact we have now got a world record shirt sponsership deal(Spurs got more under Moores and Parry), and now he knows that we could get a stadium naming deal that will pay for 2/3rds of the current stadium cost which is around £280m

, if those fcukin retards that ran us into the ground had any brain cells in 2000, the stadium would have been built and paid for with no debt on it, that cunt Moores was at the manc game aswell, cunt does'nt learn.

I'd be very interested to see what that deal is worth without CL football, Richie.

I'd be very interested to see what that deal is worth without CL football' date=' Richie.[/quote']

But the people responsible for setting up the sponsorship deals are not the people responsible for attaining CL qualification. Both need to do their job.

But the people responsible for setting up the sponsorship deals are not the people responsible for attaining CL qualification. Both need to do their job.
Your right but an awful lot is being made about the new shirt deal. I'm just asking what will it's value be without CL football. There are people who seem to think that the amounts of money being reported wont alter if were not in the CL. You don't think there's a get out clause in this new deal ? It's full value will only be recognised when the money is in the bank.

We can sit here and say, "Coulda woulda shoulda..." and we'd be correct. Moores COULD have increased our revenue like the yanks have, and COULD have build a 60,000 seater when it would have only cost £80m... and we WOULD be in a much better position financially than most of our rivals right now. (Our club would have been worth £400-500m with that stadium and better sponsorship deals... and our transfer budget would have probably been around £35-40m a year)

However, he didn't. We didn't. We aren't.

We're absolutely fucked with a pool cue, sideways, until these skint yanks fuck off or Liquidate assets and pour money into the club to erase their fucking debt.