You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyzone star Stephen Gately found dead - Times Online

Boyzone star Stephen Gately found dead

Ronan Keating and Stephen Gately

(Samir Hussein/PA)

Ronan Keating and Stephen Gately

Boyzone singer Stephen Gately has been found dead at the age of 33, it was reported today.

Gately was believed to have been holidaying in Majorca when he died yesterday, according to a newspaper.

Boyzone manager Louis Walsh told the News of the World: "We're all absolutely devastated. I'm in complete shock. I was only with him on Monday at an awards ceremony. We don't know much about what's happened yet.

"I only heard after The X Factor and we will rally around each other this week. He was a great man."

All four remaining members of Boyzone - Ronan Keating, Keith Duffy, Shane Lynch and Mikey Graham - will be flying to Palma, Majorca tomorrow.

Boyzone star Shane Lynch told the News of the World: "Me and the boys are flying out in the morning. We just need to get over to where he's passed and work out what we need to do."

Ronan Keating, who is in Chicago, has been left devastated by the death of his close friend. A pal revealed to the newspaper: "Ronan is completely distraught. No-one saw this coming.

"He loved Stephen like a brother, they were so close, it's absolutely floored him.

"It's a massive shock to everyone and no one can take it in yet.

"He was a man in the prime of his life, and this is a huge tragedy."

Gay singer Gately's coming out ten years ago caused a sensation in the pop music world. He leaves a husband Andrew Cowles, who he married in a civil union in March, 2006.

Gately also became a star of theatre, TV and radio, appearing in the West End as Joseph in and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and in the ITV show Dancing on Ice.

Boyzone had 17 top five singles and four number one albums before splitting in 2000. They made a comeback tour in 2007, however their recent 19-date Better tour was deemed a flop as the band played to half-filled arenas.

A spokesman for Boyzone confirmed the death but details are yet to emerge.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

For someone who likes to watch a load of semi-naked men in tights feeling each other up, that is the most despicable and homophobic remark i've ever heard.

I hate phily and i hope you die, there you go how does that feel? will neg you when i have done spreading.

Edited by RedKnight

'All four remaining members of Boyzone - Ronan Keating, Keith Duffy, Shane Lynch and Mikey Graham - will be flying to Palma, Majorca tomorrow'.

No doubt to put the final touches to another comeback tour and album release staring the unfortunate Gately with a broom stick up his backside to keep him upright. who'll notice? they mimed their way through their songs anyway...