You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well that was a strange game, but what a result! We didn't play very well in the first half, especially defensively but Torres was awesome. Gerrard was really quiet but then popped up with a brilliant goal.

Babel did well when he came on.

The commentary on my stream was laughable. 'Old weaknesses coming to the fore again for Liverpool'. Yeah we defended poorly in the first half but we looked good going forward! You could hardly say our defending under Rafa has been poor, so how is it old weaknesses?!

Barry Horne actually said at 4-1, 'Liverpool haven't yet managed to control the game today'. WHAT?!?!

Even at 6-1 they were both saying that we'll probably come unstuck against a good team. It was just bizarre!

So glad to have the real Torres back; he's on fire. Chelsea next up, with Peter Cech out and also Ashley Cole by the sounds of it.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Horne actually said at 4-1, 'Liverpool haven't yet managed to control the game today'. WHAT?!?!

Even at 6-1 they were both saying that we'll probably come unstuck against a good team. It was just bizarre!

Horne is so bitter his wife won't let him near the fridge at home in case he curdles the milk.

Offensively now there is no doubt this is Rafa's best ever football team, we were awesome offensively, however without Torres things could have been like Villa.

give credit to Hull they kept on comming at us and that refreshing to see and I hope they stay up in preference to a team of cloggers like Stoke.

I think what this game again proved is Skrtel and Carra cant play together, Carra and Skrtel for the same ball for the goal and a bit at the end where its Skrtels ball and carra comes out of position. when Sktrel went for the header should have been round on the cover but he was committed by looking to go for the same ball. Saying all of that this was Carras best game this season. Also today proved what a better team we are when Mascher and Lucas dont play together.

Great performance and great result and if we can learn to defend better we could have a good season.

We won the game and scored 6 goals - what's to complain about?

One thing only for me - their goal, which again demonstrated that we are fucking shite against any ball played across our back line. Carragher and Skrtel going for the same ball, leaving their player free to knock it in. Amateur hour, that was.

How is he offside when he's level with the last defender, who is trying to stop Kuyt crossing?

Because he isn't Babel is a tiny bit in front of there player your nose can be off side you know its any part of your body. He is in front of 2 that i can clearly see. Im almost certain babel is further back than kuyt though so it wouldnt be offside but this could be the angle that deceives me im sure Match of the day will sort it out.

Because he isn't Babel is a tiny bit in front of there player your nose can be off side you know its any part of your body. He is in front of 2 that i can clearly see.

The two in the middle, yes. But he's level with the left back who's just in front of Kuyt.

The two in the middle, yes. But he's level with the left back who's just in front of Kuyt.

I think you read his post wrong like i nearly did, he said if he isn't ahead of Babel then it's offside but in Simon's opinion he IS ahead of Babel and therefore onside.

I like winning comfortably, more of the same, please. After today's results the game against Chelsea will be a lot more fun. The whole team played well, there's nothing else to say...

Woah there tiger, more fun? No. It's not going to be an easy game by any means and we will have to be at our best if we expect to take anything from them, with or without Cech.

The way i see it is it's not offside because Kuyt looks to be passing backwards. but Kuyt or Babel ain't behind any Hull players in that pic they are in front.

The chelsea result allows us to lose next week and not be out of the title reason had they won and beat us next week the title would have been over IMO.

Saying that I dont think our defence will allow us to win the title even though we are now looking like Manu at beating shit teams

I don't agree. I think we could afford to lose at both stamford bridge and old trafford this season and still win the league. We need to keep turning over teams like Hull an Burnley though

Agree about the defence though, it needs sorting quickly.