You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

6 minutes ago, neko said:

I knew CD would be happy with the news.

Good trade for Cleveland. I'm not convinced the charges/allegations are legitimate. I think a lot of it is slimy lawyers and $$$

Big Ben though - there's a rapist.

Not for me

Theres woman that have told investigators similar stories that are not involved in civil cases

22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

My man havin a larf at this - honest, we would have sucked if he didn't come back. I don't think Jensen or Godwin re-sign without him.

Yeah i think its your division again this year. 

Think if everything goes right the Saints can compete but would have them second. 

3 hours ago, lebron said:

Are you a Colts fan 3 Stacks? Nice to be agreeing on something other than the unnecessary bashing of Bobby and overhyping of Diego in the sport that shall not be named on the GF...

Yes, since I was a young kid. For no particular reason, haha. Liverpool and the Colts my big rooting interests. And then I keep track of the Canadian teams in US pro sports. Raptors, Blue Jays and my home town NHL team. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, since I was a young kid. For no particular reason, haha. Liverpool and the Colts my big rooting interests. And then I keep track of the Canadian teams in US pro sports. Raptors, Blue Jays and my home town NHL team. 

Sweet. Avid Liverpool supporter since the early 80s, but only followed the NFL loosely since the mid 90s. Didn't "find" my NFL team until I decided Brady/Patriots had to be the enemy, the Man Utd of the NFL! Flirted briefly with Eli/Giants, but it was Peyton's no-huddle offense that really triggered my interest and subsequent fandom.

You good with Baker for a few seasons? I really thought we would make some noise in the playoffs last year, got properly sucked in by the Hard Knocks vibe too. First season the NFL/Colts has gotten close to the Reds in the way I followed the team.

Doubly frustrating then with such a weak end to the season.

Hopefully better things to come, let's hope Reich/Ballard can perform similar miracles to Klopp/Edwards!

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, lebron said:

Sweet. Avid Liverpool supporter since the early 80s, but only followed the NFL loosely since the mid 90s. Didn't "find" my NFL team until I decided Brady/Patriots had to be the enemy, the Man Utd of the NFL! Flirted briefly with Eli/Giants, but it was Peyton's no-huddle offense that really triggered my interest and subsequent fandom.

You good with Baker for a few seasons? I really thought we would make some noise in the playoffs last year, got properly sucked in by the Hard Knocks vibe too. First season the NFL/Colts has gotten close to the Reds in the way I followed the team.

Doubly frustrating then with such a weak end to the season.

Hopefully better things to come, let's hope Reich/Ballard can perform similar miracles to Klopp/Edwards!

Yeah, Peyton and those offenses are probably how I became a big fan when I look back on it. And then Luck was the perfect successor, alas.

I'm not too arsed about who we get. Once we decided to get rid of Wentz, there was never going to be a clear alternative. We've been at the mercy of the QB trade and Free Agency market. I'm fine with trading for Baker or Jimmy G for anything but a 1st round pick, as both of them offer flexibility with having a year left on their deals. If they're bad, we can let them walk and if they're good, we can franchise tag them or extend them on our terms, and they’re of decent age. So either of them aren't bad bets. I'd also be fine with Mariota in free agency as we could easily upgrade on him later.

The Matt Ryan talk is the one that scares me. To me, the two outcomes there is we're at best a wild card team that gets to play one playoff game and then we're stuck with paying a 38 year old about 30 mill and we have to absolutely draft a QB to succeed him. It's not a flexible situation and we'd be stuck in purgatory with like the 20th pick in the draft, trying to find a franchise QB that will not be there. The other outcome would be he's washed up and we're stuck with him one more year after.

I can't say I'm a fan of Ballard or have much faith in him. I think the way he's built the team is a little backwards.

• Upvote 1

On 19/03/2022 at 16:36, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, Peyton and those offenses are probably how I became a big fan when I look back on it. And then Luck was the perfect successor, alas.

I'm not too arsed about who we get. Once we decided to get rid of Wentz, there was never going to be a clear alternative. We've been at the mercy of the QB trade and Free Agency market. I'm fine with trading for Baker or Jimmy G for anything but a 1st round pick, as both of them offer flexibility with having a year left on their deals. If they're bad, we can let them walk and if they're good, we can franchise tag them or extend them on our terms, and they’re of decent age. So either of them aren't bad bets. I'd also be fine with Mariota in free agency as we could easily upgrade on him later.

The Matt Ryan talk is the one that scares me. To me, the two outcomes there is we're at best a wild card team that gets to play one playoff game and then we're stuck with paying a 38 year old about 30 mill and we have to absolutely draft a QB to succeed him. It's not a flexible situation and we'd be stuck in purgatory with like the 20th pick in the draft, trying to find a franchise QB that will not be there. The other outcome would be he's washed up and we're stuck with him one more year after.

I can't say I'm a fan of Ballard or have much faith in him. I think the way he's built the team is a little backwards.

And... we trade for Matt Ryan haha. Oh well, cross the shit bridge when we come to it.

At least on the face of it, we've upgraded on Wentz and traded less to get the upgrade than we got trading Wentz. Decent maneuvering.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Steelers draft Kenny Pickett qb - anybody have a view on this?

Most pro ready of the QBs, but only one season of production. Big issue is smaller hands. 38 fumbles in 52 starts in college,which is with a smaller ball. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Email sent to current league players

Im going to put the draft in for the Sunday 4th sep
Liverpool play Everton at mid day on the Saturday so will make the draft Sunday. The league starts the next midweek

Let me know on the GF or by PM if you are or are not back

If there are more wanting in i can run a second league if enough want to play, or i can run a dynasty league which you keep X number of players year to year

Let me know if you are in or not this year

And let me know if you want in so i have a list of people not coming back

@Carvalho Diablo has requested the first pick and wants Deshaun Watson, so i'll set it up.(Browns-Panthers week 1 with Baker,looks tasty)