You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arbeloa

Brownie

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I just wonder about the fact that Darby didn't go to Asia even though there were question marks over Johnson's fitness who we already knew would be covering LB as well.

Darby picked up a thigh injury in the Vienna game, otherwise he would have travelled

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a fair point. Kelly is a bit more physically ept, so he would be harder to beat in the air/pushed aside.

Do you think he'll go a similar route as Carragher for his way into the squad? Right back and then to centerback as he matures?

I think so if you watch him you can see he has pretty much everything except the level of decision making you need and which you ain't gonna get but with experience.

At RB he has plenty of cover around him so mistakes aren't necessarily fatal, defensively it's a simpler role and it should be pretty easy to hand pick games for him where you're looking for the RB to do a more defensive than attacking job. It would be a shame to see those type of games wasted on Degen IMO.

Darby picked up a thigh injury in the Vienna game, otherwise he would have travelled

Darby didn't play in Vienna. That sounds like the party line to me because when Benitez was asked about players who weren't selected for Vienna he rattled off a list of injuries and then when it came to Darby he said it was because he was tired! Which seemed odd.

Darby didn't play in Vienna. That sounds like the party line to me because when Benitez was asked about players who weren't selected for Vienna he rattled off a list of injuries and then when it came to Darby he said it was because he was tired! Which seemed odd.

Party line?

Doubt it, he told me himself

(Yes, I know I got the game wrong, it's late and i'm fucking shattered)

Party line?

Doubt it, he told me himself

(Yes, I know I got the game wrong, it's late and i'm fucking shattered)

hahaha Yep, He'd probably know better than me!! So much for that conspiracy theory then :smile:

BTW Does he get the impression he's only around because of the CL quota?

hahaha Yep, He'd probably know better than me!! So much for that conspiracy theory then :smile:

BTW Does he get the impression he's only around because of the CL quota?

No, not that it would be fair to discuss it online though anyway

He'll be fine, he has a quiet determination that will see him right

LIVERPOOL AGREE ARBELOA TRANSFER

Paul Eaton 29 July 2009 .tv

Liverpool today confirmed they have reached agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of Alvaro Arbeloa to the La Liga side.

A Liverpool spokesman said: "We have agreed a fee with Real Madrid for the transfer of the player, subject to him completing a medical."

Bye Bob :whoops:

Good luck Bob.

Can't understand why Rafa was willing to let him go. We should have given him a contract in January.

Decent player who could have played in left or right. He would have been very useful considering Aurelio's injury record and the in experience of Darby/Insura.

Can't help but think despite spunking £17m on Johnson, we are a bit thin in the full back areas.