You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, if Owen is a cunt but only because Rafa made him do it.

Or something.

It's all his own doing, the treacherous cunt.

When you have played for Liverpool, scored massive goals in cup finals, left when you shouldn't have and then suffered because of it, you DO NOT, under any circumstances, go and sign for them.

Fowler would never have done it and that says a lot. There's just certain things that you don't do, and signing for them is one of them.

I don't give a fuck about his England career, but he clearly values that more than how he's seen in Liverpool.

Fuck off 'St Mike', don't bother ever coming back here when you're inevitably crocked and on crutches because you're fucking not welcome.

Rat.

When you have played for Liverpool, scored massive goals in cup finals, left when you shouldn't have and then suffered because of it, you DO NOT, under any circumstances, go and sign for them.

Fowler would never have done it and that says a lot. There's just certain things that you don't do, and signing for them is one of them.

I don't give a fuck about his England career, but he clearly values that more than how he's seen in Liverpool.

Fuck off 'St Mike', don't bother ever coming back here when you're inevitably crocked and on crutches because you're fucking not welcome.

Rat.

I've probably been a bit on the Owen side up to now really, and I agree with what Galonso said earlier in the thread. It was a two way thing, we realised he didn't love us that much so we didn't love him so much. Still no ex-Liverpool player who did as much at the club as him should sign for Man U never mind look so fucking pleased with himself doing it.

Rat.

Correct. Even after he left us for Madrid, I didn't hate him. Even when he signed for the barcodes, I didn't hate him. In fact I felt sorry for him. But signing for the scum? That is the end of Owen's chapter as for as LFC is concerned.

I was on holiday the last 3 weeks so missed all the news. I only came to know 2 days before that he has actually signed for them. I felt like vomitting.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near Liverpool from now on. Fucking cunt.

I backed him and always liked him - he did great things when he was playing for us but he's now a Manc player and like all the rest of them he can fuck right off back to that fucking stinking shithole at the wrong end of the east Lancs

I feel the people who backed him and loved him the most now hate him the most. I am gutted.

What was the banner at Nou Camp when Figo returned with Real - "We hate you because we loved you...." (or something like that...)

What was the banner at Nou Camp when Figo returned with Real - "We hate you because we loved you...." (or something like that...)

Yep Figo was much much worse IMO as he left when he was at the top of his game it would be like Stevie G joining Manu today. Barca were also a very good team then.

When you think about it Figo is a bigger cunt than Michael Owen

The evolution of a thread: Michael Owen produces brochure of himself to find a new club - RedCafe.net

This thread was started on June 14th. There's absolutely no way their club would think of going in for Owen right? Right? Hello?

I actually read that thread from start to finish.. funny stuff.. they start of hating the cunt, then sort of liking him and by the end he's fucking George Best in disguise... hahaha fucking ace! Michael should fit right in there, all cunts together!

I actually read that thread from start to finish.. funny stuff.. they start of hating the cunt, then sort of liking him and by the end he's fucking George Best in disguise... hahaha fucking ace! Michael should fit right in there, all cunts together!

That's the nature of the beast with these forums. It would be the same on here with certain people too - if they didn't rate a player but we signed him, they would start changing their mind because of it.

I hate the fact that he signed for them, but looking at it in a cynical way then who can blame him? I know you simply don't do stuff like that if you are a Liverpool fan, but if it's true what's been reported that he actually tried to get a deal with us even on the last day when he signed for them then there's not much alternatives left for him. And there's a big if in it aswell; IF he was a Liverpool-fan he would never have done it. Owen has never hidden the fact that he is all England and not Liverpool though. Any professional footballer would pick Man U ahead of Wigan unless they were Liverpool-fans. The only reaction Owen deserves from us now is indifference. He has proven once and for all what Liverpool means to him, which is shit, and that's what he means to us now aswell.

Another point; those who are blaming Rafa for this and at the same time blames Rafa for the Alonso-situation, remember this: You are saying that Rafa has fucked with Alonso by trying to sell him in the past and he is now getting what he deserves. You should definently apply that reasoning to the Owen situation aswell; Owen has fucked off Liverpool enough time for us to even consider taking him back now. He's made his bed etc.

One final point; looking at this transfer without taking Owen's history into account then it's a brilliant deal for us in my opinion. Owen is no where near what he used to be and still is one of the players they are signing to replace Ronaldo/Tevez. Between him and Valencia these kind of transfers are exactly the ones that can turn the tide. I know they will probably sign more players aswell, but the really good ones have already gone to Real so Man u are in effect a much weaker side now. Take in concideration the fact that Scholes and Giggs are past it too then I can see signs of better times. Take away Owens history and I look at this as a a brilliant signing for us.

That's the nature of the beast with these forums. It would be the same on here with certain people too - if they didn't rate a player but we signed him, they would start changing their mind because of it.

Agree - The Bellamy thread probably reads like that as well....

Yep Figo was much much worse IMO as he left when he was at the top of his game it would be like Stevie G joining Manu today. Barca were also a very good team then.

When you think about it Figo is a bigger cunt than Michael Owen

Top 10: Football hate figures

1. Paul Ince

You would think West Ham would celebrate the achievements of one of the finest players they have ever produced. A glittering England career, stints at Manchester United, Liverpool and Inter Milan and now a successful manager. Ince broke down barriers as the first black man to captain England and to manage a team in the Premier League.

If only he hadn't worn that United shirt. By being snapped in the red of United while still a West Ham player, Ince guaranteed a lifetime of abuse every time he sets foot in Upton Park. Time to move on guys.

2. David Beckham

As Ian Chadband of the Evening Standard wrote this week, watching England is like going to see a good panto.

While Cole was booed against Kazakhstan, Beckham was cheered. But Becks has endured the flip side.

Following his red card at France 98 an effigy of Beckham was strung up from a lamp-post while whenever he played away from Old Trafford, fans chanted abuse about his wife and family. Beckham hit back in 2000 when he gave a one finger salute to the England fans following the team's defeat by Portugal at the European Championships.

3. John Barnes

"Catch me if you can, Cos I'm the England Man, And what you're looking at, Is the master plan. We ain't no hooligans..." Ah, the John Barnes rap during World In Motion. If only the lyrics were true to life.

Barnes was brilliant in the red of Liverpool but was never the "England Man". His form for his country was patchy and frustrating. Perhaps that was why England fans targeted him for abuse. But then again, it was the 1980s and racism was rife on football terraces in England.

4. Luis Figo

It was the ultimate betrayal. In the fanatical world of El Clasico, Barcelona and Real Madrid, Figo's move to from the Nou Camp to the Bernabeu was one of football's most controversial transfers. It was not just the sight of their former darling wearing the white of Madrid.

Perhaps the greatest pain for Barca fans was having to accept that Madrid now held the power and money in Spanish football. When Figo first returned to the Nou Camp the whistles that greeted his arrival on the field were louder than a jumbo jet taking off. Two years later he was back and among the objects thrown at him was a pig's head. Lovely.

5. Paul Canoville

"As I ran down the line, I heard the abuse for the first time. 'You black ****, you golliwog'. 'Go back home you nigger'. I expected it on the street, but not in a professional stadium."

That's how Paul Canoville remembers his Chelsea debut in 1982. The chants came from his own fans. Canoville was treated to sickening racial abuse throughout his early Chelsea career. Life as a pioneer is hard and cruel. Chelsea's first black player has never really recovered from the treatment he received from the footballing world.

6. Sol Campbell

To Tottenham fans, Sol Campbell will never be forgiven for walking out on a free transfer to become a Gooner. Instead of staying at Tottenham, and retiring with an empty trophy cabinet, Campbell joined Arsenal and played in the Champions League final.

Now at Portsmouth, Campbell can testify to the fact Spurs fans never forget. The abuse he received during a match at Fratton Park this season shamed the Premier League and English football.

7. England team versus Andorra

Another abject display by England against the ski instructors of Andorra was the beginning of the end for Steve McClaren. During a goalless first half England were constantly booed by their own supporters. In some way the criticism can be said to have worked.

England won 3-0 but the widening gulf between team and fans had been given a very public airing.

8. Frank Lampard

West Ham and England fans have a lot in common. This time it is Lampard.

His perceived betrayal of West Ham for Chelsea has never been forgotten at the club his father played for and where Lampard jnr started his career.

To England fans he is the new Barnes. Brilliant in blue, a wally in white. Lampard's name was booed by England fans at Wembley as frustration grew over the failure of his partnership with Steven Gerrard.

9. Urs Meier

No list would be complete without a referee. Meier was the official who ruled out Sol Campbell's 89th minute goal against Portugal in the quarter-final of Euro 2004. It was a marginal decision but that did not prevent Meier becoming a brief hate figure.

One national newspaper published his personal details and he received 16,000 emails, as well as death threats. He had to go into hiding until a new scapegoat was found.

10. Ashley Cole

The boos at Wembley were more than a comment on a dodgy back pass. First there are Cole's wage demands.

"Cashley", as the Arsenal fans call him, famously swerved off the road when told Arsenal had "only" offered him £55,000 a week before he jumped ship for Chelsea. There's jealousy that he has a model wife and the suspicion lingers is that Premier League players do not care as much about England as their clubs.

Top 10: Football hate figures: Football - Telegraph

Of course, and the classic Istanbul thread on the Chelsea forum could easily have happened here if roles were reversed. Still a great read though.

Hilarious stuff reading this thread. No disrespect but most of you are acting like ultra emotional little girls scrapping over alice bands (not the one Torres wears of course).

It's almost as if people choose to ignore the realities of modern football where players exist in a world far removed from the fans and as such make decisions on that premise.

So Owen signs for the mancs... instead of celebrating a likely banana skin for them we are busy bleating about loyalty which ceased to exist a decade or two ago.