You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Maybe you should re-read Tony's piece that you cite, actually. He claims that Keane knew pretty much right from the start that he was a victim of the internecine struggles between rafa, the Yanks and Parry. Can you really blame him for seeking an exit strategy the moiment redknapp turned up at Spurs?

I do think the events that day were the last straw - not just Redknapp's declaration of interest, but also from rafa's point of view given keane's seeming refusal to shoot that day!

The plot thickens.

To be honest you cannot draw parallels between the two situations.

Keane was used for other means and was not good enough for Rafa although I do see other factors measuring in to that.

Xabi is part of Liverpool and is loved by our fans, is a classy player and WANTS to stay.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's hilarious that you're sniping at people who share what they're told and then believe random press reports to back up your view.

But that's the whole point - 'sharing what they're told': told by whom? I doubt there is anyone passing on information surrounding Liverpool who doesn't have an axe to grind. It's that nasty a situation still with rafa, parry (still) and even Gillett briefing their preferred journalists, and entrenched camps among the supporters simply believing what they want.

Keane did have his play in it though. Some say he was not god enough, but I dont think so. I think it was more to do with Rafas style which Keane could not adapt to.

So Rafa's style made him air-smacked the ball like a clown in front of goals? ;)

I have to look up the stats. I don't think his goal average was worse with us than with anybody else. He's just THAT average. He had his moments of brilliance -- they just didn't happen that often. The difference is the demand for consistent high standard is much higher at Liverpool than at Spurs.

Looking like a sour pussy when subbed or on the bench also yanked Rafa's patience stiffly.

The bits in bold are what always lead to the most bitter arguments between supporters of this club these days. Not suggesting you're saying this, but many have to have everything blamed on one person.

All down to Rafa and fuck all to do with Parry.

All down to Parry and fuck all to do with Rafa.

All down to the player, fuck all to do with Rafa or Parry.

And so on.

It's impossible for there to be more than on person at fault when something goes wrong.

It's also impossible that something goes wrong without it being down to all kinds of malicious acts on the part of someone at the club.

Anyway, that Tony Barratt piece is here: Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Liverpool FC - News - TONY BARRETT: Family at war - Liverpool FC deserves so much better

Agreed.

But a 20m player being sold within 5 months of arrival, that counts as exceptional circumstances so people look for exceptional reasons, no?

And a key player wanting to leave/being eased out after we have finally managed to get close those bastards at the top, the same?

So Rafa's style made him air-smacked the ball like a clown in front of goals? ;)

I have to look up the stats. I don't think his goal average was worse with us than with anybody else. He's just THAT average. He had his moments of brilliance -- they just didn't happen that often. The difference is the demand for consistent high standard is much higher at Liverpool than at Spurs.

Looking like a sour pussy when subbed or on the bench also yanked Rafa's patience stiffly.

But then we can't have the argument about Rafa's judgement because buying Keane was Parry's fault, "the club spent it" etc.

And if anyone should point out the anomaly we're Rafa-haters!

Rafa has said 'every player has his price' so we will see what Perez does tomorrow, if he wants him he will officially bid and that will be the true test of whether Benitez wants to keep him because he would be turning down sizable offers.

The season is over. What is one supposed to do?

Watch re-runs of the Istanbul final.

I was sitting with my dad watching the Champions League Final and said: "As great team as Barcelona is, no final can re-create what I felt the night Liverpool won the Champions League against Milan."

Everytime that I watch a Champions League Final I will always remember that special night.

Bit off topic.

Keane did it cos he knew his days were numbered and he was being used to fight Parry with. I'd do the same and get out asap.

Why were you Kraptalk's main dishwasher for so long and big pal of Oldham until he ditched you (according to his side of the story)? He said he "hired" you because you stirrred up anti-LFC controversies which were his bread-and-butter. All he was interested in was revenue-generating hits. You were happy to play the role of main moderator presiding over his scam until he dumped you.

You employ Kraptalk techniques on here - pretending that LFC is run on the basis of personal vendettas and claiming to be in the know about them or encouraging others to pretend they are in the know. Its no accident that this site is also the "home" site of Bascombe who has also adopted many of the Oldham techniques of citing unattributable sources ever since he lost the insider privileges he enjoyed when he was a reporter with the Liverpool Echo. Like Oldham he does it for money, too - over 60,000 pounds a year.

His word and yours will never be accepted over Rafa's. That fact doesn't prevent you from trying it on - every day.

But then we can't have the argument about Rafa's judgement because buying Keane was Parry's fault, "the club spent it" etc.

And if anyone should point out the anomaly we're Rafa-haters!

Judge Rafa on who he buys from now on as now he has total control over the transfers.

Past mistakes wont reveal themselves, Rafas future mistakes will however and this time he wont be able to hide it.

Judge Rafa on who he buys from now on as now he has total control over the transfers.

Past mistakes wont reveal themselves, Rafas future mistakes will however and this time he wont be able to hide it.

Understimate him at your peril!

Understimate him at your peril!

Not understimating, its a fact.

We all know what he signed and he brings the responsibility of his actions, which in turn has an impact on the clubs fate.

We will know who to blame.

We will know who to congratualte.

Either way, right now Rafa is in charge and I dont think there is a better man for the job.

Alternative reasons why Alonso might want to leave sick of being hacked down by opposing players. Also it's world cup year in Spain and they have to be favorites for the world cup. Does he feel playing for Real Madrid slightly higher up the pitch maybe would give him a better chance of being in the starting 11.

I just don't buy into the main reason Xabi is leaving is due to the so called spat with Rafa. Xabi strikes me as too professional and if you were so sensitive it would be crazy to choose Madrid as your next destination.

And a key player wanting to leave/being eased out after we have finally managed to get close those bastards at the top, the same?

So which one is it? If indeed either? After 54 pages, it seems we're still all unsure! If indeed he is leaving.

i think Mr Constanza is right. Let's just see what happens.

It's sad that people have had to justify Alonso going with Keane now.

The blind claim that Rafa wants him gone hasn't worked, same with the claim that Alonso wants to go.

So now it's comparing him with someone else.

Are we going to sign Ageuro then? Because Rafa signed Torres from Atleti, I assumed all deals and player transfers were the same.

So which one is it? If indeed either? After 54 pages, it seems we're still all unsure! If indeed he is leaving.

i think Mr Constanza is right. Let's just see what happens.

You may be confused but most LFC supporters are not. They believe Rafa and Alonso. They have both said they are happy at LFC and are looking forward to next seasopn.

For reasons known only to yourselves, you and others on here choose to propagate an alternative world which fits your prejudices about Rafa. What a tangled web they weave who set out to deceive.

Until Alonso or his agent explains we don't know why he asked for a meeting with Rafa. It could be that he was aware that Torres would be offered a pay raise and thought it might be worth asking for one, too.

I think if we are dealing with these ubiased facts:

1. Rafa tried to sell Xabi and buy Barry last summer - which pissed Alonso off.

2. Xabi has a great season and Rafa now thinks it might be better to keep Alonso.

3. Alonso is mulling over whether to tell Rafa to fuck off or follow his heart and stay here.

4. Real Madrid come in and turn Xabi's head at a crucial time.

5. Will Xabi make up with Rafa and follow his heart? or has too much gone on?

Watch out for the next chapter, whatever happens it's not been good. Let's hope Xabi stays or else his replacement will be on a hiding to nothing with the fans if he doesn't do as well.

It's sad that people have had to justify Alonso going with Keane now.

The blind claim that Rafa wants him gone hasn't worked, same with the claim that Alonso wants to go.

I agree. The parallels need to stop now.

Lets concetrate who we will sign now to compliment our fantactic midfield instead of digging past who done what and why to whom.

I think if we are dealing with these ubiased facts:

1. Rafa tried to sell Xabi and buy Barry last summer - which pissed Alonso off.

2. Xabi has a great season and Rafa now thinks it might be better to keep Alonso.

3. Alonso is mulling over whether to tell Rafa to fuck off or follow his heart and stay here.

4. Real Madrid come in and turn Xabi's head at a crucial time.

5. Will Xabi make up with Rafa and follow his heart? or has too much gone on?

Watch out for the next chapter, whatever happens it's not been good. Let's hope Xabi stays or else his replacement will be on a hiding to nothing with the fans if he doesn't do as well.

I thought about this alot and I have to say that its not that black and white as you make it out to be.

Say what you want about him but up until last season, Alonso was not up to par with our standards or better yet with his own standards. Rafa, rightly so, listened to offers and rejected them. Trying to sell someone off is selling him at any price, but even then Alonso could of just rejected the offered contract.

So after that, Alonso got the message and had his best season BECAUSE HE DOES NOT WANT TO GO. Now that Rafa has seen what he can do, what he means to the fans, has stated that he is not for sale and I would think that Alonso would sigh a relief, now that he knows he has got his manager backing.

If Alonso wanted to leave he would of gone by now or let it known with a "come and get me" plea.