You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yesterday, I learned how to cook scrambled egg. So simple, yet so nice. Bit of salt and pepper too. That'll ding dang do for me.

If I hadn't have gone off bacon for Lent, I would have banged about 6 slices on top of the scrambled egg on toast too.

Thoughts. Discuss.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, I learned how to cook scrambled egg. So simple, yet so nice. Bit of salt and pepper too. That'll ding dang do for me.

If I hadn't have gone off bacon for Lent, I would have banged about 6 slices on top of the scrambled egg on toast too.

Thoughts. Discuss.

Not bad , but nothing beats beans on toast for a quick snack.

Bacon should not be combined with brown/wholemeal bread under any circumstances. Nor should sausage.

If they were joining the party, I'd be toasting up some white.

You are a very lucky boy as a couple of things have recently occurred

1. I must have recently and inexplicably repped you for something

2.Noos has recently repped me giving me almighty negging powers, powers i can not yet utilise toward your good self.

Thoughts. Discuss.

Cain, you fucking maniac. You should have gone for something easy like giving up sex.

Cain, you fucking maniac. You should have gone for something easy like giving up sex.

I know. I'm regretting it big time. I ate it at least 5 mornings a week. Fried it too. I won't last because when I go home for Easter, I'm going to be eating a lot of fries, methinks. Mind you, if I last the month, I will be happy.

You are a very lucky boy as a couple of things have recently occurred

1. I must have recently and inexplicably repped you for something

2.Noos has recently repped me giving me almighty negging powers, powers i can not yet utilise toward your good self.

That's such a shame.

Check your user cp.

see, he knows. Don't mix the egg with milk or anything either. Just warm the butter in the pan then throw the eggs in and keep stirring, always stirring. Add a little drop of water every couple of minutes to keep them cool then throw in some cream or creme fraiche just near the end with your seasonings. Never put salt in the mix. Wait until just before they are done. It fucks up the proteins in them and makes them more rubbery as they set too early.

The perfect companion is soda bread. Cut thick, lightly toasted, smothered in butter. That shit is beyond your wildest dreams.

Paddy's Day is for Guinness, Beer and dodgy food from stalls. I can't wait. 12 days to go.

It isn't a day for scrambles egg on toast.

Gaz, you are bang on the money there about the contents. I might even get some soda farls in at the weekend.