You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He has finally received the greatest of accolades in having a recipe named after him.

A shoulder of pork, to be precise.

I was watching the telly the other day when this came on. It doesn't matter if you don't speak Spanish, the chef is basically banging on about how great Anfield and Liverpool are. It's absolutely brilliant how highly thought of we are in Spain.

[YOUTUBE]t61oIvhNetA[/YOUTUBE]

I fucking love Spain and all things Spanish. Probably my greatest regret in life is that I never learned the language as a kid. I'm dying to know what Xabi's saying about food there. I can pick up little bits, but not much more.

That bloke proves my point about Spain - he's equally obsessed with food and footy. Who can't love that?

A few thoughts I had whilst watching this:

1. brilliant opening music

2. the photo's of "This is Anfield" and the joy in the chef's voice when he was talking about it was fantastic- we are seriously lucky to be part of such a wonderful club.

3. to repeat point 2 - God I love this club!

4. Someone was giving him a blow job whilst he was pouring the sauce over the food about 4.44.

5. Nice looking meal.

6. He can't sing too well.

7. Not many ingredients - even I might be able to cook it!

I loved the whole sign touching thing as well. "Look at me. I'm touching what they touch." He's like a little kid, it's brilliant. Then he says about himself, "Watch him, he's got a good future," referencing the obligatory sign touching photo all new signings have to have taken.

When he's talking about the Kop singing with the scarfs up it's quality as well. He seems like he absolutely loved the visit.

Most people I talk to here who love football (which is everybody) have us as their second team and the highlights programmes are always the Liga games... and Liverpool.

edit - Torres' flick on for Gerrard's goal against Everton was played more than any goal scored here, I think. Quality.

It`s sad to say it but Spain are now my national team and i`ve lived in England all my life.

I came to this realisation myself the other night when I was watching the friendly and realised that I was firmly hoping for a Spanish victory. It's hard not to admire the Spanish side these days even without factoring in the LFC connections. Looking back to the days of Luis Enrique, Guardiola, Hierro (in his pomp), Nadal, the young Raul and even Guerrero (all too briefly), I thought they had some great players but were never a great team - now they look to play for each other more and injuries aside, they should be in with a great chance at the World Cup.

I suppose it's easy to understand the love of all things Liverpool since Spain are the current European champions and we've got five lads in our squad that get games for the national team, not to mention a manager who broke into the Real/Barca monopoly. I do hope our boys are getting in Villa's ear at these national team get-togethers though.

Actually, it occurs to me now that this might not be such a good idea.

Xabi: Rafa tried to sell me in the summer and had a strop at my mate Pako.

Arbeloa: I like it here but I never know if I'll be playing, or where.

Pepe: I love the club but my missus can't stand the place.

Albert: I'm in and out of the team.

Nando: They worship me like a god and I keep getting propositioned by men in the street.

Hmm. Just Nando to have a word then and to keep quiet about the men thing.

Why does Pepe's bird not like the place?

They were married in Corboda.

Which i think means she is from there.

(If she isn't then i am talking shite; no change there,some would add!)

Regional Andalucians are notorious for this sort of thing,even within Spain

Think of Reyes at Arsenal or Jesus Navas & his homesickness or Ramos who goes back to Seville every week!

Partly it is because it is a very family-based culture (even by Spanish standards)

Partly it is climate:Seeing as Corboda claims to be the warmest major town in Europe & Seville is predicted to be 20c today, i would guess it is fucking cold for her/them!

Last year my best mate married a Spanish girl, so I had to to give a best man speech in Spanish, to about 200 Spaniards. It was in a place about an hour inland from Murcia, and they gave the impression of being a tough crowd to crack (they hardly listened to a word anyone said).

Well, to get on their good side, I tried my luck by firstly declaring my support for Spain in the Euros (which they'd just won) - which brought a massive round of applause.

I then moved on to declaring my love of Spain due to being an afficianado of Liverpool FC, (and hence) Fernando Torres and Rafa Benitez. I kid you not, I got a standing ovation and about 30 seconds of cheering! I felt like I'd just scored on my debut in front of the Kop.

So yes, based on my impression of a small town in the middle of nowhere in Spain, we are very popular there. There was even a few seconds of YNWA thrown in, but that was probably the English / Welsh contingent in the crowd.

Viva the Spanish - Liverpool love in.

Last year my best mate married a Spanish girl, so I had to to give a best man speech in Spanish, to about 200 Spaniards. It was in a place about an hour inland from Murcia, and they gave the impression of being a tough crowd to crack (they hardly listened to a word anyone said).

Well, to get on their good side, I tried my luck by firstly declaring my support for Spain in the Euros (which they'd just won) - which brought a massive round of applause.

I then moved on to declaring my love of Spain due to being an afficianado of Liverpool FC, (and hence) Fernando Torres and Rafa Benitez. I kid you not, I got a standing ovation and about 30 seconds of cheering! I felt like I'd just scored on my debut in front of the Kop.

So yes, based on my impression of a small town in the middle of nowhere in Spain, we are very popular there. There was even a few seconds of YNWA thrown in, but that was probably the English / Welsh contingent in the crowd.

Viva the Spanish - Liverpool love in.

Ha ha, quality. Repped for great story