You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Really happy with the team but obviously the performance has been awful. I don't think anyone's played well although Torres looks to be getting sharper as the minutes go by.

I don't like this one bit though because they are having a lot of opportunities to put set pieces into our box. We need to up the tempo and have a go at them more than we're doing I think.

It's such a fine line in football - Keane has been poor but if Torres squares that to him it's a tap in and all of a sudden it puts a totally different complection on the game.

Cheers mate, he has chatted some shite here tonight. Having a pop at Rafa because he has played two up front.

What a twat. Couldnt believe he didnt understand why Rafa hadnt played 442 much before today... and then saying why change it now when our other formation had been doing so well for us?? What a tit. He musnt watch us much and he must think Nando has been fit all season.

Alonso and Gerrard are not controlling the centre of midfield.

Keane has done fuck all.

I'd bring on Mascherano to dominate the centre and allow Gerrard to support Torres, as Keane isn't.

We've got enough possession IMO, we just need to keep it when we have it. I don't think El Jefecito is the answer to that problem.

Really happy with the team but obviously the performance has been awful. I don't think anyone's played well although Torres looks to be getting sharper as the minutes go by.

I don't like this one bit though because they are having a lot of opportunities to put set pieces into our box. We need to up the tempo and have a go at them more than we're doing I think.

It's such a fine line in football - Keane has been poor but if Torres squares that to him it's a tap in and all of a sudden it puts a totally different complection on the game.

A Keane tap in hasn't been much of a guarantee this season! :D

Hope we see some changes, Dirk and Keane have been poor. Gerrard needs to take control of this match.

We've got enough possession IMO, we just need to keep it when we have it. I don't think El Jefecito is the answer to that problem.

One of the best we have at making himself available for a pass. So, i think yeah, he defiu9intely would help us here. Its a pretty basic thing in football, but a concept many of our players fail to grasp all the same.

Alonso and Gerrard are not controlling the centre of midfield.

Keane has done fuck all.

I'd bring on Mascherano to dominate the centre and allow Gerrard to support Torres, as Keane isn't.

It`s hard for Gerrard and Alonso to dominate when Riera and Kuyt is losing the ball all the time in midfield. Unless they manage to keep posession, we will have to aim long for Torres and Keane. Keane has been poor, but he has no service whatsoever. When Kuyt move inside Carra needs to support from the back. Dont think he did once. We are just not functioning as a team at all at the moment, and too many players are way below usual standard.

I don't think we ever are going to get enough possession in this type of game, it's all about winning the ball at the right moments and at the best places i e centre midfield. It would also be good to offload Alonso in the defensive balls, so we could give him time and take use of his crosses, play a bit wider. Etcetera.

First half was poor. Why can't we keep possession? I'm not sure I agree with those asking for Mascherano. He's been rubbish for weeks now. Reira, Torres, amd that's it really so far. Keane invisible, barely had a touch, Kuyt a waste of a place as usual. The defence as a whole looks sluggish and poor. Gerrard and Alonso are patrolling a huge area on their own, and getting outnumbered - we need to play a little more compact front to back.

Things can only get better this half.

Right. WE CAN NOT PLAY 442. We boss most games in the middle coz we have the 3 best mids in europe and if we get a chance Nando will have it. Playind 442, Alonso is neither defensive nor attacking in my mind, he`s ideal for a role in the 3. Gerrard & Alonso do not compliment one another, it takes away from stevies game, go or stay (positional),I think playing 442, the emphasis is on width, which we DO NOT HAVE.

One of the best we have at making himself available for a pass. So, i think yeah, he defiu9intely would help us here. Its a pretty basic thing in football, but a concept many of our players fail to grasp all the same.

But even the basic passes have been going astray. I think we're relying on SG and Xabi to fix their heads and find our players.