You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up with the ads in this thread anyway? I'm getting one after each post.

That happens after youve left it so long since last refreshing, and you go quick post, and so many people have posted it hasnt put them onto the next page yet and once the posts reach next page amount, it sticks an ad inbetween them all.

Shit. Only word for that. Fair play to Stoke, they've sussed that the system we're playing relies on Gerrard getting on the ball high up the pitch and they've done everything they can to stop that happening. He's got 3 Stoke players surrounding him every single time he's got anywhere near the ball.

Got to change things. Torres or Keane on to give their back line someone else to worry about other than Kuyt, and to give Gerrard a bit more breathing space.

I conceded defeat to Rafa and his pragmatism after the Arsenal game, so I never in a million years expected him to go 4-4-2 away from home tonight.

In fact, if Lucas was to come off I'd be shocked to see him replaced by Keane, Torres or Babel.

Even if he did bring one of those players on for Lucas, he'd probably still devise a formation to keep 1 up front.

It's just the way he is.

Both Mascherano and Lucas have been really poor, Plessis could not do a worse job than what they have done so far so why not, at least he knows how to keep the ball in the team.

You are joking arent you?

Plessis havent been able to keep the ball for any team this season. Although Lucas and Mascherano has been less than impressive, the most dissapointing players for me has been Gerrard and Riera. Riera whipped in a great cross that Kuyt wasted, but he is holding us up, losing too much posession. Benayoun on the other flank is cutting in too early, but at least he is the one moving into the box. Gerrard is floating around in no mans land in the first half, not involved in attack or defence.

We need to get our finger out.

I would like to replace Kuyt with Keane, and Lucas with Torres and go 4-4-2 in the second. That would suit this match better in my opinion.

Playing with no strikers against a bottom three side is an interesting tactical decision to be sure.

Perhaps someone can enlighten me why benitez has put out a rather toothless team against stoke?

I just dont understand it? Why give a shyte team a chance against you? Play your strongest 11 from the start them make changes later if you want. If your strongest side aint going to get a win, a 'less' strong side sure as hell wont.

Well it's gone the way I thought it would unfortunately. Before the game I wondered if we would get as much time and space as we did against Newcastle and we clearly didn't. Lucas really struggled as did Kuyt and this is where Dirk isn't much use to us up front on his own. I just think that those two look good when there's time and space, as soon as a team puts you under pressure it's another story.

I'd like to see Torres and Keane on to replace those two.

Hah, I see the Lucas bashing has started already. Not a one player on the field there has played any good at all. They've all been crap.

He's done well recently but needs to stamp himself in there like he did at Newcastle. You're right he's not the worst

That was painful to watch. You'd think we were the Championship side...

If you can't make a simple pass to a man wearing the same coloured shirt as you without peeing yourself and falling over, you've no business being a professional footballer.

Sadly, that phrase applies to pretty much every Liverpool player out there.

Guest davelfc
Hah, I see the Lucas bashing has started already. Not a one player on the field there has played any good at all. They've all been crap.

It could be argued then that he's not playing as badly as the rest. Think about it.

I agree though. Poor display by all not helped by Stoke, who look more dangerous and likely to score than we do at the moment.

Riera is looking class... we need to move Gerrard back into Lucas' spot and bring on Torres to partner Kuyt.

We just aren't getting the possession in the midfield.

agreed,Lucas and mascherano are having a nightmare,we dont look the same team with alonso out,we miss his passing ability.

i dont think we can play as badly as the 1st half and i still think well win this.

Both Mascherano and Lucas have been really poor, Plessis could not do a worse job than what they have done so far so why not, at least he knows how to keep the ball in the team.

what about Skrtel and Hyypia? 5 times they have come forward and given it away, once Skrtel put it out for a throw in and Hyypia has lost it to a counter attack

they all need to sort it out