You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Perfect theocracy would obviously be better because it’s perfect. Now, whose definition of perfect you want to go with is a different matter. I presume it is mine.

The more I read this the more stupid it becomes.  Well done. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Really? I’m getting the feeling you may not have thought this through. 

Of course. The theocracy is perfect, therefore it is run by a benevolent selfless organisation of lesbian priests for the betterment of all mankind, with no war, pestilence or famine.

The flawed democracy has two parties for people to vote for, the Nazis and the South African Nationalist Party.

Which is better?

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

And yet they’ve supplied Hamas, Hezbollah and Yemen with weapons for years. 

You could back and forth here.

What Israel have done in gaza,these last 6 months,there are almost no words for.

If any other country had done a fraction of that,the west would have bombed them out of extinction.

Like I said previously..there are no 'good guys,' yet that is exactly what our government are doing

Starmer and sunak couldn't wait to get there statements out last night,as we ran to their 'defence"

The hypocrisy is sickening  

10 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

If any other country had done a fraction of that,the west would have bombed them out of extinction.

Hasn't Assad killed more than 600,000 in Syria, displaced 13 million, and forced more than 6 million to leave the country?

I obviously missed the bit where we bombed them out of existence.

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Hasn't Assad killed more than 600,000 in Syria, displaced 13 million, and forced more than 6 million to leave the country?

Who supplied the weapons to counter him? 

46 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Correct me if I'm wrong..but werent isis fighting in Syria?

56 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Obviously the 2 situations are completely the same 

Well they're not, obviously. For one thing, the number of dead is different by a factor of 20.

And yet, Assad still reigns. Evidently we forgot to bomb him out of existence.

27 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Well they're not, obviously. For one thing, the number of dead is different by a factor of 20.

“we” again. 

29 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Why can’t we bomb Netanyahu out of existence for what he’s doing? Any ideas? Or is he a goodie?

4 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Yes, "we" are the West, though it doesn't seem like it sometimes, given how much some of you seem to despise Western civilisation.

“Some of you” 

For someone who claims to be so clever you really lack any alternative thought to whatever has been drummed into that brain. I prefer civilisation that doesn’t slaughter people no matter if it’s Hamas, Isreal or any cunt that does it. If you think “western civilisation” is humane then you need to read a new book. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pretty difficult to bomb a leader out of existence.

Even after the most devastating bombing of all time the US (and allies) spent 7 or 8 years occupying Japan to rebuild its economy - and it probably wouldn't have been successful if they didn't keep Hirohito in place.

• Upvote 1

Assad remained in power because the American government’s pay masters wanted him to remain in power.

Unlike Saddam, he is an Iranian proxy. He is actually a perfect example of how Iran and Israel feed off each other to further their own interests in the region.

All the barking is theatrical. They will never bite each other.

3 hours ago, Strontium said:

Hasn't Assad killed more than 600,000 in Syria

Probably not. Other countries trying to topple him and those they backed should be included as responsible for a good amount of it I think.

Here's Biden from 2014 :

"The Turks… the Saudis, the Emirates, etc, what were they doing? They were so determined to take down (Syrian President Bashar al) Assad and essentially have a proxy Sunni-Shia war, what did they do? They poured hundreds of millions of dollars and tens, thousands of tonnes of weapons into anyone who would fight against Assad."

Joe Biden apologised over IS remarks, but was he right?

The Washington Post in 2017 on the CIA's efforts :

Run from secret operations centers in Turkey and Jordan, the program pumped many hundreds of millions of dollars to many dozens of militia groups. One knowledgeable official estimates that the CIA-backed fighters may have killed or wounded 100,000 Syrian soldiers and their allies over the past four years.

https://archive.is/WgErz#selection-803.0-803.558

7 hours ago, Strontium said:

Who was he fighting again?

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

“Some of you” 

For someone who claims to be so clever you really lack any alternative thought to whatever has been drummed into that brain. I prefer civilisation that doesn’t slaughter people no matter if it’s Hamas, Isreal or any cunt that does it. If you think “western civilisation” is humane then you need to read a new book. 

Negged without retort. What a fucking surprise 

See this is the point. They’re all horrible cunts. Just a certain few people (not you @SasaS because I know you have) won’t condemn Israel and see them as some sort of beacon of western democracy in the second most unstable region on the planet when they’re absolute antagonists and murdering racists.