You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

soft boiled eggs

neko

i don't know if there is a more perfect food for improving my mood on the day.

i feel better from the moment i start boiling the water, buttering the toast and confidently slicing the top of the shell to reveal the golden yellow, organic farm-raised yolk. a little salt on the side, and i'm set.

nothing bad can happen today - i'm sure of it.

anyone else have a food that can do that for them ?

p.s. it is morning here, of course. you can only have them for breakfast.

not to discourage open debate and free speech as such, but i was actually wondering more about other individuals 'comfort' foods, rather than their favorite choice in eggs.

unless everyone agrees that eggs are the best food for improving their general outlook on life ?

Closest I get to that is coming in from work in the cold winter to a warm sheperds pie. That is fucking ace.

mmmmmm.........sheperds pie.

with whipped mashed potatoes on top, of course ?

haven't had one in decades, but i do remember my mum made it all the time. that is definitely good comfort food and fed an army around our house.

mmmmmm.........sheperds pie.

with whipped mashed potatoes on top, of course ?

haven't had one in decades, but i do remember my mum made it all the time. that is definitely good comfort food and fed an army around our house.

Whipped mash potatoes? Huh? Just normal mash.

My mum puts cheese and tomato on the top. It sounds wrong but its fucking genius!

Guest TK-421

Pizza is my comfort food of choice. I think the comfort lies in not doing ANY preparation or washing up. Awesome, just eat it out of the box and put the empty box in the bin.

Get one of these bad boys to eat it from and you're sorted!

cico.jpg

that's very impressive, but i already have my favorite egg cup and spoon (and knife too).

you may have also triggered an important factor in my favorite food - the fact that you can dress it up and present it in such a fashion.....try that with scrambled eggs or pizza.

Being a veggie, I eat an egg everyday for breakfast, normally scrambled so that the feds can't intercept my breakfast in this digital age. I am very grateful to chickens for this gift which prevents me being knocked over and getting serious head injury when walking down the street or road by stray rain droplets. Local do gooders enjoy the benefits of not having to put me in the recovery position and are also thankful to chickens, who are after all, feathered reptiles and therefore, like pigeons, should not be eaten.

I'm with RiS on this one, all except the HP.

The bacon comes from about 2 miles down the road from me, freshly slaughtered and sliced into big, thick rashers and the eggs come from about 1/4 mile away, fresh from the chickens hoop that morning.

Add those all together and you have a plateful of awesome, right there.